WoW is offering double XP, why isn't D3?

How come there is no further incentive play Diablo 3 like WoW? Can we get double XP too please?

4 Likes

That was in S1.

IMO - Double Goblins is more fun - except that first time which was pre-vacuum

1 Like

Goblin is rare, even with puzzle ring to be utilize the bonus.

100% Exp benefits everyone. Heck, even double bounties are better than double goblins.

Because in WoW it takes a really long time to get from level 1 to 120. Being an MMORPG that is pretty normal, but it makes leveling alts hard. Alt leveling is something people complain a LOT about in WoW. So much so, that they have a paid boost that gets you to the start of the current expansion (level 110).

Once you hit max level in WoW though, the XP buff does nothing. You have to grind rep, do dungeons, do raids, etc to get the gear and other things you want.

In D3 experience gains never stop. They just build more and more Paragon which equates to more power. Acquiring said power is part of the end game of D3. Especially in Seasons. I suspect they don’t want to accelerate the Paragon acquisition with a double XP buff.

There are other buffs they could do though that would be a lot of fun. I like double Goblins. I also think people really liked double Bounty Mats. Neither of those would cause the issues a month of double XP would cause.

3 Likes

I feel that they should because most of the players never reach 2k paragons in their lifetime.

5 Likes

The mats I got from the season with double bounties kept me in bounty materials for over six months after the season ended. I’d love to see that come back (albeit combined with something else, maybe).

3 Likes

Double materials might actually get me interested enough in this season to pop in. Otherwise, for my time, the other game is more bang for my buck as it were.

Thinking about it - least favorite thing for most folks is Bounties. So Double Bounty Mats AND more Goblins would make doing Bounties a lot more rewarding. I like running into Goblins and Bountes are a good way to combine getting mats with Goblin hunting. Cosmetics are fun as are pets and most people don’t have them all yet.

4 Likes

I’d love to see another round of double bounty mats or double goblins.

1 Like

I can’t remember if double mats extended to Season and Non Season. I know Double Goblins did though. IF that buff is released again, it should still cover non-season. I would prefer if double mats did too.

1 Like

The theme of double bounty materials applied to both seasonal and non-seasonal heroes. I farmed the heck out of that on my non-seasonal heroes, as they were obviously a lot more powerful and could do them quicker.

1 Like

Truth be told, if they’d fix the solo vs. group materials gap we wouldn’t need the buff and could just have double gobs as a bonus. But we’ve been trying to get them to do this for…not sure if I can remember that far back. Frankly, the pushback against giving us better QoL is what makes me not want to play the most. :confused:

2 Likes

I’d rather have a double xps holiday again. It’s been ages. Goblins come and go, and aren’t as much fun once you’ve seen thousands of them. With bonus XP, at least it would be something to help get one more higher rift. Like someone said above about most not even being 2k. I’m in like the 1400’s and I’ve been playing on and off since the week after this game launched LOL. Would really help, who cares if not everyone logs on for it? Sheesh.

1 Like

Blizzard’s issue with the XP, again, is it impacts end game pretty strongly - including Season that just started. They stopped doing buffs that last a “weekend” long ago. Partly because people complained if they missed out.

The WoW buff lasts for a month but does not impact end game. The mats or goblins buffs don’t have a major end game impact so lowers the risk of people being upset if they miss it.

I don’t think they need an incentive to increase D3 server load right now.
WoW is trying to pull more subscribers in.

I can’t recall them ever doing an XP buff on D3 in the past. Trying to remember.

It was once, like years ago.

I’m doubting my own memory if Double XP was/wasn’t.

I’d like like to see an old link announcing “double XP” before I bet anything.

D3 offers double XP every new season by letting you do content twice as powerful…

think about it.

Pretty sure they did several times, but it was just for a weekend.-ish.

May 15-22, 2013. Diablo 3 1 Yr anniversary 25% XP (and other) buffs.
March 3-24, 2014 Pre RoS buff. 50% XP
March 21-24, 2014 XP pre ROS pushed to 100% buff
Oct 31 - Nov 3, 2014 Halloween buffs. 100% XP
Dec 25-29, 2014. Holiday buffs. 100% XP
March 23-30, 2015. RoS anniversary buff. 100% XP

Sources Diablo III Official Game Site

There may be others, but those were the ones I found.

1 Like