Wow classic subscription

If I don’t play wow currently, and don’t want to play any of the wow expansions, is it possible to get a cheaper membership just for classic alone?

I asked in support ticket and they just gave me the reply you don’t have to purchase any of the expansions to play wow, which doesn’t answer my question.

To reiterate and reclarify, I just want to play classic, not any of the expansions, do I have to pay for the full membership to include the expansions or can I get a cheaper membership as I only want to play classic wow?

Thanks

Nope. The sub is for both versions.

Just get the started edition, add game time and you should be able to access classic.

No. The cost of the subscription does not change.

Which is true. You do not need to buy anything to play Classic WoW, or retail WoW up to level 110 (Legion). All that is needed is the monthly subscription.

To play Classic WoW you pay the monthly sub fee that everyone pays. It gives you access to what I mentioned above in Retail, as well as Classic. There is no separate or cheaper subscription that only covers Classic.

To add game time, you will need to have downloaded the WoW client. You can do that for free from the Launcher. From there, go to Account Management and add game time.

There are several ways to do this:

-You can set up a monthly subscription that bills your credit card.
-You can buy pre-paid game time from the Blizzard store using PayPal, Credit Card, or Bnet Balance.
-You can buy game time or bnet balance cards via a physical store or Amazon then add the code to Account Mgt.

The cheapest way to get access to the WoW games is to set up a reoccuring 6 month sub. That reduces the cost from $14.99 per month to $12.99 per month. That option is not something you do though if you are not 100% sure you want to play all 6 months.

Edit for support article.

Please also note the Regional and currency restrictions. Taxes may also be applied to the Sub in accordance with State or Country laws.

thanks for the replies all =]