Would you like some version of Cain back in D4?

if anything I’d like to see a flashback and PROPER CINEMATIC of his death. Make Maghda look absolutely ghoulish and nightmarish, and let it hold the proper weight that it should have to the series.

SO no, don’t bring him back but at least send him off the right way.

“Lethal Unidentified Weapon” and it’s a buddy-cop movie

3 Likes

I don’t know what kind of finality you guys wanted from Cain.

Do you guys want him to hold a horde of demons by himself while nephalem and Leah ran away to a safer place?

Ghost Cain: You did it, champion. You stopped Devil A from rampaging in Town A. :+1:

Tyrael: Truly the hope of mankind. We will win. :+1:

Ghost Kulle: You called that “stopped” when all I saw were hundreds of civilians dead. If the implication is lost to you, champion. YOU. ARE. LATE. So much for “Hope of Mankind”. :-1:

2 Likes

Truth be told I would’ve saved Cain’s death until the end of act 3, and had Diablo, while possessing Leah’s body, killed Cain.

2 Likes

I saved it. I will use it for a Human Wizard in my next playthrough of IWD2:C.
Maybe I’ll make another group for IWD:EE just to use that picture. Human Wizard too of course.

Cool.

I don’t know who the artist is. But, the image was acquired from Diablo Wiki - Deckard Cain.

(I didn’t realize there were people still playing the Icewind Dale series).

1 Like

Now the big difference here is Kulle was an immortal nephalem mage, while Cain was a normal human being.

That would required to nerf Cain’s intelligence and perception by 75% for Adria to pull her plan off perfectly. I mean, Kulle immediately realized something is off when he saw his black soulstone immediately sealed those prime evil’s souls, so I think Cain will realized that as well.

I have both. I play them off and on when I take a break from D3. I alternate between them and Grim Dawn when I need something closer to Diablo without actually playing Diablo.

I just made a Human Mage for both IWD:EE and IWD2:C. No specialization, though Diviner would be perfect.
I exported both as level one. No added equipment. I want to play them legit.

Edit.

This is true. However, if Blizz did make him a ghost, or immortalized him via a Legendary Item, that could even things between him and Zoltun Kulle.

Is there not already a Cain copy for D4?
He was in some of the promo cinematics, looks like a younger version of him.

You mean Lorath? We don’t realy know his exact role yet.

I mean he looks the part and is a horadrim, possibly the last… again…

I mean it’s a great possibility. I wouldn’t mind if he took over the role.

1 Like

Cains spirit was never captured or placed into a vessel. Malthael devoured all free souls in RoS. Cain is gone.

2 Likes

Not exactly, as Cain wouldn’t had actually needed to travel with the heroes after act 1 and instead could’ve remain too wounded (or even incapacitated) for travel and thus elected to allow Leah to go Tyrael and the Nephalem, while Cain himself would stay in New Tristram to have his wounds treated.

And by the time of Act 3, Cain could’ve recovered enough to travel to Bastion’s Keep, where while he would be suspecting of Adria (especially with the Black Soulstone), he would’ve been too concerned about Leah’s condition to act on his suspicions and instead use his time to comfort Leah and talk to her about the earlier days when they traveled together in order to comfort her.

Let’s just say that I am not a big fan of the story where the writer wrote a character who survived some kind of mortal attack that meant to kill him only at beginning of the story, thus rendering him absent for most of the story only to be killed later for a cheap shock factor.

That’s fair. I’m simply saying that’s how I would’ve handled Cain’s death. That said, the reason for that would’ve been more than simply a shock factor, as having Leah (while possessed by Diablo) kill Cain could’ve been done simply to allow Diablo an easier time taking complete control over Leah’s being, as Leah could’ve been left in complete distraught and anguish at the sight of her uncle dying by her own hands. In other words, it would simply keep in line with Diablo’s method of breaking his hosts spirit before completely possessing them.

Cain not dying in act 1 would have taken away much of the reasoning that leads to act 2 and 3 though?
But I agree it would have been interesting if Leah was the one who had killed Cain. It should have happened way before the transformation though to serve as another catalyst toward Diablo taking over. In general, maybe more interesting if Adrias role had not been to do a magic trick at the end of act 3, but rather to push Leah into inadvertently doing more and more harm to people around her, slowly losing control as she fell into despair? Also a bit more like how the Wanderer loses control over time.

1 Like

That would have been much better.
Though it may have caused too much characters in the narrative, especially the “guiding figure” that’s already split between Tyrael and Adria. The story would have needed to be built in a different way.

No need for complicated plot explaination. Cain hasn’t suspected Leah to be Diablo’s host in spite of knowing her to be Adria’s child for 20 years, why would he start now ? This is a non-existing issue.

Interesting idea too !