Wizard's Energy Armor Skill turns off when a nephalem rift closes

After speaking with Orek to complete a nephalem rift, 30 countdown begins. At the expiration of the timer, the nephalem rift closes. When the rift closes, the Wizard’s active Energy Armor will turn off, even though it should not expire for several minutes. Currently experiencing bug with Force Armor Rune, not tested with other runes.

Wizard’s Energy armor still turns off every time I finish a Greater Rift and speak to Orek.
Initially I suspected that the timer for it was wrong since I run with Energy Armor and Magic Weapon and both are 10 minute long spells but only Energy Armor is off when I get back. In the end, it is the same problem that the original poster had 3 years later.

I’m glad to see this post, because I thought I was losing my mind. My Energy Armor seems to fall off whenever I’m not paying attention.

I’m not doing rifts, just bounties and Visions of Enmity, but whatever’s going on involves more than just closing a vision portal.

Edit: scratch that: if you’re in town when the vision portal closes, then Energy Armor falls off, which tracks with the whole closing-rift thing.