Wizard set dungeon... am I not understanding?

I’ve done this so many times it’s crazy.

The set dungeon finishes, shows me the stats window and says failed, but according to the stats window, I beat the timer?

Am I not understanding this?

Stats window, since I cannot post a screenshot:

Primary Objectives
100 stacks 3 times in Archon - Checked
kill 300 in Archon - Checked

Completion Times
Basic - Checked
Mastery - X (failed)
Target Time: 5:00
Your Time: 4:24

Mastery usually means you have to kill ALL monsters in the SD
plus solving both objectives.

That’s the point the OP is making. If he hadn’t killed all the mobs, why did the dungeon end before the 5 min timer ran out. He still had 36 seconds left to find the rest of the mobs.

Vyr is one of the few(only?) set dungeon where you don’t need to kill all the mob in the dungeon. Mastery obj always asks you kill max number of mob in the dungeon (say, kill 500). But in Vyr dungeon, Fallen Shaman rezzes the peons, which does count towards that 500 if you kill it a second, third time.

That’s how I remember at least. And if I’m not mistaken, this season reminded me of that when I did my Vyr set dungeon (it’s been couple of weeks so).

Just speculating here, but maybe obj doesn’t get credit-ed if you leave shaman or soldier, grunt behind. It ended the dungeon as OP killed 500, but maybe true obj is to kill xx shaman, xx soldier, xx grunt, xx peons. OP, try clearing the dungoen without killing the rezzed peons this time (not as much at least).

Maybe you can see the screenshot. I have to separate this link because it will not let me post links

https:// drive.google.

com/file/d/1z2tP_A6qYg0opSjas1wmHWFwGvhWq0qi/view?usp=sharing

1. Copy the URL to the clipboard
  2. Paste the URL into your forum post
  3. Highlight the URL in your post
  4. Click the </> button in the editor
  5. This will turn your URL into pre-formatted text
  6. Whilst not clickable, the URL will be properly formatted so others can copy / paste it like this… https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z2tP_A6qYg0opSjas1wmHWFwGvhWq0qi/view

As you can see in his screenshot (post #5), D3 states that he didn’t kill the required amount of monsters.

Which part of this are you not getting?

The dialog shows a fail condition at 4 minutes 24 seconds and the failed condition is that he hadn’t killed all the mobs.

It should not be possible to fail the mastery for not killing all the mobs until and unless you reach the five minute limit for the dungeon.

At the time the fail dialog was issued, he still had 36 seconds remaining. That means he could have found, and killed, the remaining mobs in those 36 seconds.

The bug is that the fail condition was issued before the five minutes allowed for mastery had run out.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think if you fail the mastery objective, the completion time in the dialog shows the time that you completed all the primary objectives? But it still lets all 5 minutes elapse.

So if you complete all the primary objectives by 4m24s, then fail Mastery at 5 min because you don’t kill all the enemies before 5 minutes, the dialog window will pop up after the full 5 min elapsed and show ‘failed mastery’ but also ‘[time you completed primary objectives]’?

Give me 5 minutes (plus time to upload and post) and I will see if I can reproduce this.

Verified:

Completed primary objectives in 1:26 but left 89 monsters alive and ran out the clock.

Notice that the dialog says that I failed Mastery but completed in 1:26.

The dialog window could definitely be laid out better.

Daimyo68, I think you just failed to kill all the enemies required for Mastery in time. You only completed the primary objectives. The dialog window is just a bit confusing in how it presents that information. The Vyr’s set dungeon has 100 additional enemies you must kill for Mastery after completing all the primary objectives. If it takes you 4m24s to complete the primary objectives and kill 515 enemies, it’ll probably be a struggle to kill the remaining 100 enemies in the 36s you have remaining.

I’d suggest running Messerschmidt’s Reaver (or In-Geom, or even Aether Walker in a pinch) in your cube slot. It makes it so you can get back into Archon right away so you can fly around the dungeon very quickly and kill all the enemies, without wasting time waiting for your Archon to come back off cooldown.

5 Likes

Thank you for your post. I was having the same difficulty and was able to master the dungeon after reading your post.