Wizard returning after 3 year absence

Guess who’s back. No one cares. I need some help with what new builds have come about and what builds people are using for speed GRifts. Is it still Archon or GTFO? Can I use the old twister build or is that dead now.

1 Like

For speed GRs in solo or casual groups, Chantodo Vyr’s is pretty much king.

Top push build is still Chantodo Vyr’s. And Bazooka for group trash killer (Star Pact + LoN + Archon, requires insane timing [read macro for most players] to pull off) .

Twisters are mediocre. Same with EB.

You can make it work as an off-meta build if you really wanted, but there’s better options. Meteor and Frozen Orb builds are the best options if you want something that’s not Archon.

Legacy of Nightmares got significantly buffed, to the point that it’s within the range of our top set multipliers. And they added a gem with the same effect, Legacy of Dreams (LoD).

There’s also the new(ish) Squirt’s Necklace amulet which gives you a big damage multiplier. Works well with wizard shields to keep the damage bonus up. Squirt’s + CoE is a nice replacement for Traveller’s Pledge/Compass Rose in some builds, and it’s a big boost to LoN/LoD builds.

LoN/LoD Meteor Shower and LoN/LoD Frozen Orb work pretty well as farming builds, especially if you don’t like Archon. I’m partial to Frozen Orb, myself. I do most of my farming with Chantodo Vyr’s, but switch up to Frozen Orb for bounties. And any other time I want t a change, really.

Hi kasper!!! No one plays d3 anymore. Were all sitting in a dark room rocking back and forth waiting for Diablo 4

1 Like

I would like too asks what is the difference between wizards sets. Firebird I get it focus on fire need elite to be ignite but not killed but vyr vs dmo and tal ? I play the builds by coping the guides but I do not see how they are different ok dmo is using more the time bubble to slows enemies but besides?

Vyr is all about getting into Archon form and destroying everything. Tal is usually about hitting with different elements to proc multiple meteors as much as possible. Firebird is straight fire damage and DMO uses timewarp to control enemies and lets twisters run them down. At least as far as I know, scrub that I am lol

Returning players is the reason I compiled this list of every wizard build for 2.6.6 and it’s unchanged for 2.6.7 Compendium of wizard builds for patch 2.6.6