[WIZARD] List of Item Adjustments

Some small tweaks to make these legendary items more relevant. Many are small number tweaks. Some are along the same theme,e but more up-to-date effects. Some are simply simply revamped completely.

• *All weapons (Sankris,Azurewrath, Odyn Son, etc) that give % elemental damage increased to 50% (from 20%). Rationale: To be competitive with Furnace’s 50%.

• Moonlight Ward: Now Rolls with [increased 100-150% Arcane Orb damage instead of +Arcane]

• Primordial Soul - Elemental Exposure’s damage bonus per stack is increased to 40% per stack.

• Light of Grace - Ray of Frost now deals x% more damage modifier

• Winter Flurry: Frost Nova now gains all Runes and now deals X% more damage.

• Slorak’s Madness - Increase Disintegrate Damage by 500%.

• Manald Heal: Enemies stunned with Paralysis also take 75-100% more Lightning damage from you.

• Serpent Sparker: Increase Hydra damage by 400-450%.

• Wand of Woh: Increase the damage of Explosive Blast by 600% and 3 additional blasts are triggered after casting Explosive Blast

• Jang’s Envelopment: Enemies damage by Black Hole take % more damage for X seconds and are slowed by 60-80%.

• Velvet Caramel: Increase the damage of electrocute by 300% and double the amount Electrocute jumps.

• Myken’s Ball of Hate: Increase the damage of Electrocute by 500%, and Electrocute can chain to enemies that have already been hit. If Electrocute only hits only target, increase the damage dealt by 1000% instead.

• Fragment of Destiny: All signature spells attack 50% faster and have their damage increased by 200%.

SET:

Delsere’s Magnus Opus:
2-piece: Slow Time now surrounds you and enemies within Slow Time take 100% more damage
6-piece: 12,000% damage to all arcane power spenders & signature spells

Typhon’s Veil
6-piece: Increase the six piece damage multiplier from 1300% to 1750% per head.

Tal Rasha’s Elements:
6 piece: Increased damage bonus from 2000% damage per stack to 3,000% damage a stack.

Elemental Rune Changes:

Volatility: Disintegrate’s damage changes to Lightning
Burning Aspect: Storm Armor’s Lightning changes to Fire.
Reversal: Teleport pulls all enemies to you, and now deals 138% damage as Lightning.

6 Likes

The weapon damage would have to be MASSIVE in order to compete with item multipliers now. Think like Chantodo’s level of weapon damage. I don’t think the weapon damage on the set is a good idea anymore. It just ends up not dealing enough damage. I think you could just leave it as “Slow Time now follows you” and forget about the weapon damage. It almost certainly won’t do any meaningful amount of damage in any builds unless you make it like 100k+ weapon damage per second anyway. If you’re only thinking a few thousand weapon damage, that’s basically useless now. Item multipliers are way bigger than they used to be. Think about how useless the 3000% weapon damage on Firebird’s is too. The Tal’s 2p bonus is actually much more powerful in comparison, because it inherits meteor item multipliers.

I also dunno if I agree with expanding the 6p bonus to all spenders. First, it lacks synergy with the 2p bonus, which was the problem with the old Tal/DMO build in the first place. If you’re going to put a Slow Time deals weapon damage effect on the set, you have to add Slow Time to the DMO 6p bonus. Also, DMO’s thing has always been that it wasn’t really a global multiplier. We already have more global multiplier sets than pretty much any other class. I honestly don’t think we need another set that buffs essentially all our skills. This might be an unpopular opinion, but I’m pretty much okay with the current DMO skill list. Well, maybe add Electrocute.

I think what you could do is give it a bigger damage bonus. If you open it up to more skills, that forces the damage bonus down. Better to leave it with it’s current list, and give it a bigger multiplier. That’s the reason the DMO bonus has almost always been a little bigger than Tal’s. It’s supposed to be a slightly better option for the specific list of skills it supports. If you open it up to more skills, the damage bonus can’t be as big.

I think you could pretty safely make DMO 15k and Tal’s and Firebird’s each 12k. Although maybe it’s better to just leave them around the 10k mark so that they aren’t automatically better than LoN/LoD again. I do like it now where LoN/LoD builds are competitive with our sets, I wasn’t a big fan before when LoN builds were just automatically less damage. Have to keep the sets in the ballpark of the 10k mark I guess (unless LoN/LoD gets buffed too) in order to keep that balance, then address the rest with item multipliers.

I’m good with this. Probably won’t be competitive with any current builds, but it at least makes it a viable off-meta, levelling, or early season option.

Same as Light of Grace. Good to have on there, probably doesn’t make it competitive. But I’m okay with that honestly anyway. It’ll still have uses in off-meta and early season builds.

I know I actually suggested this, but this one has some potential unintended consequences. As you pointed out, it’d immediately replace Furnace as the go-to option for Chantodo Vyr’s. I still think I’m okay with 40%, but a conservative option might be something more like 25%. I’d rather buff Chantodo Vyr’s by reverting the nerf. Putting too big an affix on Primordial Soul might mean you can’t revert the Chantodo’s nerf. Better to keep Primordial Soul a little more in line, but then revert Chantodo’s too?

I’d go bigger. 100%. It has to compete with CoE or Squirt’s, plus it costs a passive slot and only works with lightning skills. 100% it actually probably more reasonable. 85-100% as a range on the affix maybe?

Should be fine.

I like both of these. I’ve always thought those items should have affixes like that anyway. Gesture of Orpheus is one where if you make it big enough, it could compete with the Etched Sigil channeling meta. Locks you into Slow Time instead of channeling. Might be tricky to balance with DMO Frozen Orb though. The Moonlight Ward change plus a big number on Gesture of Orpheus could make Frozen Orb extremely powerful. I like Frozen Orb, it’s definitely my favourite build after Vyr’s. So no real arguments from me there. You’d just want to be careful about making it too strong. I honestly might just leave the orb multiplier off MLW, but then add like 100-150% damage to enemies within Slow Time on Gesture of Orpheus. Should be easier to balance that way.

As above, might be tricky to balance together with Gesture of Orpheus. Honestly might be better just to leave it without the orb multiplier to simplify things, except make it behave like an actual Arcane Orbit and inherit the DMO, Unstable Scepter, and Triumvirate buffs as we tossed around before.

Might need some number tweaking, but I like this. I especially like the single target aspect of Myken’s. Caramel a typo or just a joke haha?

Yeah, this is where it might get tricky. We’re getting into pretty big multiplier territory on Electrocute with Fragment + Velvet Camaral + Myken’s. First pass it doesn’t seem too outrageous, but this combination would likely need some number tweaking. I do agree that Fragment of Destiny should be all signature skills and not just Spectral Blade. Just have to make sure it’s balanced with the proposed Electrocute multipliers.

Too big. This would kill LoD. And it’s stronger than DMO. Tal’s should be a bit lower than DMO, otherwise no one will ever play DMO. Although I suppose it’s not just DMO you compare to, but DMO * Gesture of Orpheus. Tricky. I still think you have to be careful about making Tal’s too big. If you look back at the history of buffs to Tal’s and DMO, DMO is generally a little bigger than Tal’s. It’s tricky, I don’t think a 16k Tal’s breaks the game. But it makes it the automatic best choice compared to LoD/DMO in a lot of cases. A big multiplier on Tal’s can kill build diversity. You also have to balance it for Tal/Vyr’s, don’t want Tal/Vyr’s to overtake Vyr’s again. Any buffs to the Tal’s 6p should probably be a bit on the conservative side, as that’s the mostly likely place for us to see unintended consequences and new interactions.

I just threw it in because it was an old legendary power they probably still have around somewhere. Perhaps it’s better to have it all on the 2 piece: like “Slow Time now follows you and enemies trapped within Slow Time take 100% more damage”

Maybe just scrap the change to Gesture and put it all on the set.

I was messing around with the numbers on Tal’s and DMO; meant to make them the same. Changed it to 12,000% for both.

Yeah I just though of something: would it work on Archon Slow Time too? Might have to be careful with that.

Chantodo Vyr’s having an open weapon cube slot makes it tricky with some of these. Gesture of Orpheus and Primordial Soul would be candidates for potentially making Chantodo Vyr’s stronger than intended, especially if they also revert the Chantodo’s nerf.

I think it’s better to revert the Chantodo’s nerf, but avoid adding items that would be huge global multipliers in the weapon cube slot and also buff Chantodo Vyr;s. Better to focus on skill-specific buffs and set bonuses rather than global buffs, e.g. make the DMO 2p have the proposed Gesture affix. That’s easier to manage, Vyr’s can’t use that.

If we revert the Chantodo’s nerf, we have a rough idea where the power of Chantodo Vyr’s will fall out. Adding other global multipliers in the weapon slot might have unintended consequences. The safe play is to revert the nerf but not add any overly strong global multipliers on a weapon or source.

I don’t really care if they revert the nerf. Primordial soul works out to a 140% multiplier when you (subtract the base 20% from EE) and costs a passive slot. I think that’s actually a little underpowered. There is flakiness with EE and what applies it, so the PS uptime will not be 100%, either.

Vyr would get a Cold stack from Archon abilties, Lightning from AT:SD, Arcane from Calamity, and Fire from Burning Aspect (and the Vyr explosion applies Fire, as well) and this seems reasonable.

Less than that actually. 2.6/1.2 = 2.17, i.e. it’d effectively be an item that grants 115-120% multiplier, assuming your build already ran EE. So yeah if we want it to compete with Etched Sigil, it can’t really be less than that. Even at 40%, it’s already a little less than Etched Sigil, with more hoops to jump through.

Yeah that’s a good point. Chantodo Vyr’s only get the full 4 stacks for 5 seconds, after that it’s only 2 stacks for the rest of Archon. Plus it means your Chantodo’s wand needs a specific element on it (generally you’d want it to be Arcane), which is harder to gear.

Primordial Soul @40% with two stacks + a lost passive slot isn’t that much stronger than Furnace. Stronger, yes, but not by a crazy amount.

Depends if they give us “Burning Aspect” and how it works. Arcane would probably be my 2nd last choice(after cold), considering Calamity is easy to apply. I’d prefer Fire or Lightning. Which is why I added a fire OR lightning option.

I also snuck in "Reversal" changes. That's probably the most challenging to implement, but it would be awesome.

For most builds, it’d be your first choice. Because otherwise you lose Slow Time: Time Warp, which adds 1-2 GRs.

Current EE setups are usually arcane on weapon, lightning from AT:SD + Storm Armor (I forgot about that!), cold from wave + Archon skills, fire from Archon activation explosion.

Yeah good point there too, I kind of overlooked that. So after the fourth stack expires, you’d average 2 stacks on most enemies, plus 3 stacks on a smaller number of enemies that get hit by Storm Armor.

I modelled on it GoD. Hungering Arrow does 155% weapon plus multipliers

If we set Hungering Arrow to Electrocute and match multipliers, it looks like:

• 600%

• 200%

• 200% from Momentum

Works out to about ~1000%, plus the 70% from piercing.

so I slapped 500% on Ball of Hate and 300% on Velvet, and 200% on Fragment of Destiny wanted to see where it landed. Yes, it may need some tuning.

1 Like

I would love a competitive electrocute build, last time we had one was with manald heal and could barely farm T13.

The real problem wizards face is that we only have three playstyles:

1. Vyr archon (now mostly chantodo)
  2. Frozen orb
  3. Channeling: FIVE skills (hydra, meteor, twister, explosive blast, torrent manald) and FIVE sets (firebird, Delsere, tal, LoD, Typhon) play the EXACT same way. That’s absurd.

Tweaking numbers is not enough. Sets should be different and not boost every skill in the game, otherwise every single build will still be the same, whether it’s channeling or some other gimmick that will appear in 2.7.

Take other classes, like barb: leapquake, whirlrend, charge, hota, seismic slam, frenzy play in a completely different way and overlap between sets is minimal (only hota is played in more than one set). In this case number tweaking is the only thing needed to fix the class (and maybe redo raekor).

Archon abilities, including orb, disintegrate, and tele are all unique and seem not to benefit from items or runes anyway. Shouldn’t be a problem, unless devs wanted to create overlap for archon abilities.

But doesn’t This just leave us with a dominant Vyr’s again without having recourse to other viable builds? If archon can squelch the possibility of item changes and new affixes, this doesn’t seem great, even if it gives on dominant build.

Soul could just grant EE passive for free? Too OP? EE is kind of niche anyway.

Same with the Flashfire EB build, so fun yet not strong enough.

Another great build, at least crimson and aughild did provide an upgrade… but nothing for electrocute

Yes and no.

Archon Teleport inherits from Aether Walker (shortens Archon Teleport cooldown but leaves the same short cooldown that it does for regular Teleport) and Cosmic Strand (gives Archon Teleport the Wormhole rune), but not the 1-4 seconds off teleport cooldown from the Oculus.

Archon Slow Time also inherits the Slow Time rune you put on your bar, but not the DMO set bonuses I don’t think. It doesn’t inherit the DMO 4p DR, anyway.

The Archon beam doesn’t function like disintegrate, but the Archon Slow Time and Teleport do inherit from their non-Archon counterparts, at least for some things. There’s precedent.

not even close to viable. How many Hellfire Amulets you see running around these days? and this is on a WEAPON slot, which generally are at least 3-4x more powerful.

Primordial Soul being at least 40% is the absolute minimum to be useable. There’s a decent argument that it should be 50%, or buff the entire group. A less then 200% multiplier on a weapon slot is in the “pretty good” area, considering 600% multipliers are out there.

I think they meant it would give 40% per stack AND the passive for free. That’s how I interpreted it anyway.

1 Like

That would elevate the item from “pretty good” to “pretty amazing.”, but it might be overbudget. It would be Hellfire w/ a hefty multplier. But I don’t think it would be gamebreaking, per say.

1 Like

Yes this is what I meant, not a worse version of hellfire

Spell Buff:

Buff basic damage of Blizzard.

Set:

Blizzard deals whole duration damage in 1 second and gain the effect of every rune.

You take 60% less damage after Blizzard cast for whole duration of Blizzard and teleport is free for this duration.

Blizzard deals 10000% damage.

Bracers:

You take 60% less damge for 6 seconds after enemy is hit by Blizzard.

Weapon/Source:

Blizzard can now stack / and deals 600% increased damage.

Numbers are just placeholders.

Please.