Wizard Ethereal not dropping

I’m playing the new season and got an Ethereal drop around level 10. I’m now Paragon 175 and haven’t gotten one since. 100+ legendary no ethereal. My roommate that has been playing with me got his first around 10 as well, and has since gotten 5 more. He’s Necro I’m Wizard. I looked into it and found that a new Ethereal was the “Wizardspike”. I’ve received 4 Legendary “Wizardspike” and my roommate is saying that someone messed up the code. I don’t know what is happening but it is frustrating.

Hi:

Keep playing - you already got one early… so that’s already better than what I got… my first ethereal dropped after 24h48m of play… I was paragon 436 at that time. I’m over Paragon 1000 now and have found 36 so far… most are useless and I’m starting to think to start salvaging them…

They’re rare… on average, over several thousands of legendaries, you’ll get 10 times more ancients than you get ethereals. The stated 1 in 100 ethereal per legendary drop rate is not a guarantee.

Best of luck in your games !

=================================================================================

P.S. : I think your roommate is pulling your leg… there is no connection between the ethereal version of the Wizardspike and the ones you got. The ethereal version is supposed to be a reminder of the one that is found in Diablo II. Here’s a screenshot of the ethereal version of the Wizardspike:

You’ll note that the ethereal version is a Bone knife… as it was in Diablo II. The D3 version is a legendary dagger.

There was a Wizardspike also in Diablo I… and it looked slightly different.

I started playing wizard for the first time last week, husband is monk. I’ve found 4 already at paragon 200 and he’s had none…just bad luck