Witch doctors have lost their light

They removed Witch Doctors from the game, low dps, under represented in any group play, horrible mobility for mid tier speed grifts, the list goes on and on.

3 Likes

Thanks for that. Really needed that salt in all those gaping wounds… :persevere:

I still love the Witch Doctor class. We could use some changes with pets and defense. Hopefully future patches will address those issues.

Oh, please continue. By all means bestow more of your wisdom upon us.

Well, look at the ladders. In solo play, WD Jade and Darts builds are quite competitive. Meanwhile, Helltouth is very good for normal rifts and many bounties.

The irony now is that WD is good at solo, but invisible in group play; while Barbs are behind in solo play (and the Barb community is very vocal about that) but are valuable in groups.

The good news is that it’s been 7 years or so and changes are still being made to the game. Jade and Darts benefit from changes that are less than 12 months old, if I have it right.

Keep complaining, maybe Blizzard will address your issues. But probably not.

I am still curious as to why the WD is left out the Immortal edition. Has there been any official reason given?

2 Likes

I feel for WDs. BBV is disappointing and LoN SP is too strong. I’d revise BBV, for starters, and nerf Archon stacks to only increase damage while in Archon.

1 Like

BBV used to be 30%, they nerfed it by 50% efficiency, plus WD have toughness issues, and mobility problems period. Their pet AI is horrendous, they need a really huge boost in the defense & offense department. And to bring it back, their mobility is seriously lacking.

But Game Designer have already forgot WD, they love wizard.

1 Like

Awesomeness started flaking off the Witch Doctor when Dev Management killed 0-Dog.

1 Like

They should rescind the BBV nerfs, allow pets to benefit from the attack speed for TnT + BBV, and put it back to its former 30%. LoN StarPact would still be miles stronger. I mean, they just put back Morticks bracers in the game.

1 Like

Holy shyt! WD pets don’t benefit from TnT anymore!? I was considering running a witchdoc next season regardless of multimeta or solo GR potential but wtf!

2 Likes

WD pets do benefit from taskers

3 Likes

Witch Doctor

• Active Skills
    • [Big Bad Voodoo]
      • The attack speed bonus has been reduced from 20% to 15%
      • Skill Rune - Slam Dance
        • The damage bonus provided to allies has been decreased from 30% to 15%
    • [Haunt]
      • Skill Rune - Poisoned Spirit
        • The damage increase provided to your allies has been removed. The skill will now benefit your own damage and your pets’ damage
    • [Hex]
      • No longer increases the damage taken by the target
      • Skill Rune - Jinx
        • The damage bonus to the target has been reduced from 30% to 15%
      • Skill Rune - Toad of Hugeness
        • The damage bonus to the target has been reduced from 25% to 15%
    • [Mass Confusion]
      • Skill Rune - Paranoia
        • Can no longer stack with casts from other sources
    • [Piranhas]
      • Can no longer stack with casts from other sources
    • [Spirit Barrage]
      • Skill Rune - Phantasm
        • Damage increased from 675% over 5 seconds to 750% over 5 seconds
    • [Summon Zombie Dogs]
      • Skill Rune - Chilled to the Bone
        • No longer increases damage done to targets by 15%

If they were to abrogate these nerfs from patch 2.4.2, WD would be more viable in mid tier speed runs.

1 Like

Mid tier speeds is where WD struggles at the moment. I hope a rework of one of the sets or the new set addresses this in the future.