Witch doctor looking for GR help

So I’ve loved this game since the day it was released, back then I played constantly on PC. Recently got back into it on ps4 since my current laptop is awful. Catching the bug all over again.

Nearly only using the witch doctor lately. Build is mostly darts with a heavy increase in pet damage through gargantuan, dogs, and fetishes. I can cruise by from a distance for the most part. I’ve managed to git gud enough to tackle up to GR 93-94 Solo until I start to really hit a wall. Spent the last night of playing wanting to throw my controller out the window, running out of time at the last 30 seconds or so no matter what I try.

Anyone wanna help me so I can get my LoD gem to 99 I will be forever in your debt! I’m at 93 currently. I’ve never tried multiplayer since starting on console so my communication might be slow, lacking that trusty keyboard, but bear with me. Thanks for any who took the time to read!

I dun want to rain on your parade but from my point of view assuming you have 13x ancients equip. Yr LoD Lgem is lvl 50.

you can do assuming GR70… now you increase yr loD 50 to Lvl 99 you are only doing GR75 at most.

yes Lvl50 to Lvl99 5GR at most from whatever you are doing…

I do not want to change your game play but if you are not dying much I would lose toughness for more Dmg… If you are dying a lot I would lose some Dmg for extra toughness… just doing this alone you see some progress… Never I REPEAT never ever see what the top are doing.

Play your own game… Understand your weakness… if you equip CoE but never use it 50% on GR that is crap. If you equip Stricken but Boss never took you more than 1min or 2min that is crap…

have fun n I bet you be clearing GR110 soon with these changes :wink:

Hi! Appreciate your reply.

I’ve made some changes since my post and I’m able to do GR 103 so far with a few minutes to spare, depending on which boss I end up with in the end.

I’ve leveled my LoD to 99 and my other two gems are simplicity strength and enforcer, both 99 as well.

What I seem to be having issue with now is even when I blow through GR 103, once I get the main boss I get wrecked about half the time to the point where I run out of time. I simply don’t do enough damage to them, and other than losing one of my gems for bane of the stricken, I’m nor sure how to fix it. I had to replace one of my skills with army of fetishes just so I could assure that I would have enough around to help fight the boss, whereas before I was only getting them from the passive skill, which worked fine up until that point.

I’m still new to posting so I’m not even sure if you can see my character or skills to give a little more info, but I keep making little changes here and there to experiment. One I’m unsure about is for mojo; I’ve got ancient serpents (30% damage goes to dogs) and the cat (80% damage reduction on first hit, and they don’t fight you for 3 seconds after word). The cat seem more helpful since I get one-shot less often, but obviously the serpents are more steadily helpful.

I never played WD so I dun think I can help you in your builds maybe some veterans WD might be able to advise or give you a proper build.

As I say it earlier Stricken is a very tricky item to equip. We must understand Stricken first there is an internal CDR on them so if you face RG & take less than 1min on RG it is actually a useless Lgem or should I say there are way better Lgems for them.

Just IMO I only equip Stricken if I take more than 2mins on RG. I explain why this is just my IMO & my play style. Yes any1 can argue stricken let’s assume yr stricken is 2% per hit & 25 or 35% elites dmg. That 25-35% dmg yes as long as it hit elites it apply… now that 2% per hit as I mention has an internal CDR on it’s own & furthermore IT ONLY APPLY TO 1 target…

If there are 3 elites you hit them yes 25-35% is constant for every attack… that 2% per hit is not & it ONLY apply to either 1 random of the 3 elites.

Now it is a 15mins GR so BoTT estoric or even gogek or whatever Lgem might be better because you are utilizing them for their usefulness for the WHOLE 15mins GR.

If you are dying a lot & yet you are not doing dmg IMO it might be your gameplay of cause unless you are doing a super high GR obviously you be not doing enough dmg & dying, popping. then COE plays the most important part. you only attack on that 4sec window which mostly all of us are doing , before that 4sec window we are getting into position, avoiding dmg.