Witch Doctor changes please

Witch Doctor changes please. I (and I am sure others) like the D2 pet Necro and the D3 pet build WD. Would love to see some WD love here since they are one of the bottom preforming classes.

I personally would like to see some pet build changes, since they are almost never in the top performing classes. What changes would yall like to see for WD?

5 Likes
  1. Delete soul harvest
  2. Delete ring of emptiness
  3. Tune (buff) appropriately around the previous removals and figure out a new mechanic for the jade harvester set

WD buffs are irrelevant if the vast majority of the class is simply unfun to play in challenging content with a bunch of tedious maintenance mechanics.

They could buff helltooth set damage by 10x and I still wouldn’t play it based on soul harvest, locust swarm, and of course the horrible pet AI.

1 Like

I would love to see Witch Doctors get some real love. The Helltooth set is possibly my favorite build of all time, but it is so weak. This season was better with the crucible power, I used the Gargantuan crucible and that was amazing. Zombie dogs and Gargantuan that just auto renew if killed and having double the Gargantuan (Shortman’s finger made it 6) was just fantastic. The crucible made the build playable again but still not strong enough. I think the crucible effect should be turned into the Shortman’s Finger effect and then the damage of Helltooth 6 Piece should be buffed significantly.

I seriously believe that WDs are disliked not only because of problems with the mechanics, but simply because they look old, clumsy and ugly, and the male version is generally sick. They have bad animations. I think that if we want to make this class more popular, it should first be changed externally. I would suggest making them look like Maasai warriors - tall, standing straight, proud, not shaking, not twerking. I’m not suggesting that they be made into Korean MMO beauties, but they should look healthy and decent.

As for mechanic, I don’t like the Jade set. It doesn’t look unique enough. Yes, its damage mechanics are a bit upside down, but visually and technically we are doing the same thing - shoot and reap.

I believe that WD currently does not have ANY set that embodies the work with voodoo, spirits, curses and fear. We have a set about big pets, small pets, spiders and cold. But we don’t have that when a sorcerer instills fear in enemies, sets them on fire, spirits march around him. There was some kind of ability about a huge skeleton walking nearby, but it is not used anywhere. I would suggest reworking the Jade set into something like this.

Oh god yes, they look so wrong compared to the other classes. The female WD is better than the male but not by much. Always hunched over awkwardly and shaking, bobbing up and down, it just looks abnormal and uncomfortable.

1 Like

What’s a witch doctor? Oh! Wasn’t that like this thing we had like 5 years ago? I vaguely remember something like that.

She has Rihanna’s pretty face and Whoopi Goldberg’s body.

Personally I love the way WD plays. I don’t think that’s the issue. Some of the builds are overly clunky (Zombie bears I’m looking at you) but the others are fun to play (Mund/Arachyr/Jade). Mund uses spirit barrage and big bad voodoo so I’m not sure why you’re requesting those skills become relevant. Every class has a plethora of useless abilities once you hit meta. I really enjoyed the glory days of Jade because you are killing mobs by haunting and harvesting their souls. Pretty dark and awesome imo. Really they could just buff Jades 10+ tiers and Mund’s 5+ tiers and call it good. Everyone hates on WD but I never understood why. They do have mostly buildup damage which can be frustrating for speed runs vs insta blasting via GoD or something similar but it’s not a deal breaker. I honestly think they intentionally neglect it because it’s not going to appear in D4 and they don’t want people lamenting over that fact.

3 Likes

:heart:

3 Likes