Windows doesn't find Diablo III Laucnher.exe

And here since this afternoon… Annoying

1 Like

just make a new shortcut… “C:\Program Files (x86)\Battle .net\Battle .net Launcher.exe”

1 Like

That launcher.exe file is gone from the computer.

What I did as a temp work-around was go to Blizzard and download the Diable-III-Setup.exe installer. It will start the game.

Yeah it’s gone from mine too. I’ll try that

It’s not the Battle .net launcher that’s having problems, it’s the D3 game. Opening the Battle app and I click it to play if you open the game normally but from the shortcut it doesn’t work.

For the folks with the Launcher problem - navigate to below and create a new shortcut from the Launcher file.

Program Files (x86) > Battlenet > Battlenet Launcher .exe

(had to remove the dots between battle & net to post)

That worked perfect, I just had to create a new short cut to that and delete the old one. Thanks!

Another option might be to re-install the Launcher… you can download it here: Battle.net App – Blizzard Entertainment

It is NOT the Battle .net application problem, it is the D3 game that the Diablo 3 .exe game launcher can’t find. I repeat this is not a problem with the Battle .net app. It’s from the game. Please do not repeat all the same. Thank you.

https ://imgur. com/ ok39sXo

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Just checked my launcher and I have no problem starting it nor the game…

@Mercy,

If the launcher cannot find the D3 programme, that is likely a different problem.

There is an option in the BattleNet Settings to scan for Blizzard games…

Also, until such time as you reach trust level 3 and can post links, you should learn the workaround for posting links (putting spaces in the URL is NOT a workaround).

• Post the link in your text as you would normally,
  • Highlight the entire link; and
  • Click on the </> button in the formatting bar at the top of the input window.

Your link would appear as : https://imgur.com/ok39sXo

Hi: We have at least one (possibly more than one) player with that issue on the French language Europe forums…

Not sure what is going on… I didn’t have any issue either, but this is not supposed to happen. Grrrr !!

@Mercy

change your shortcut link
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\Diablo III Launcher.exe"
to
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Battle.net\Battle.net Launcher.exe"

1 Like

Same here after today’s update - D3 launcher missing. I can access the game using the battle.net launcher but that’s not the same thing. After the update I have four D3 related exe’s in the install directory - Diablo III.exe, Diablo IIIp.exe, Diablo IIIra.exe and Diablo IIIp.exe.bak. There should be only one D3 exe - Diablo III.exe and the launcher - Diablo III Launcher.exe in the installation directory. The update definitely buggered something. Try this. From the battle.net launcher and with D3 selected, click on options and create desktop shortcut. You should find that it doesn’t work. You’ll end up with a white Diablo III desktop icon that points to the missing Diablo III Launcher.exe. I’m sure Blizz will figure it out.

I have those as well… both in the “C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III” and in the “C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\x64” folders. I am guessing that they are part of the new patch and/or installation – they do not prevent Diablo III from starting however.

The BattleNet launcher is located in the “C:\Program Files (x86)\Blizzard App” folder.

Thank you all for the advice. I thought that I was going to have to reinstall the entire game. If replacing launcher.exe and the shortcut icon will fix the problem I will save a lot of time.

They just fixed this problem with a SECOND patch this evening (smaller than the one from earlier today)!

Hello, now no longer appears D3 shortcut blank, but I double click and opens the application Battle Not the game … Half solved…

Hey there friends!

It looks like the recent update is forcing the Blizzard app to be used for launching Diablo 3 now. This is causing some confusion and disruption in play.

The main things to note on this is that using the Blizzard app to play is the game is the intended way to play. This means any shortcuts to bypass the app will no longer work.

If the Blizzard app is gone, I would reinstall it after clearing out the app files.
Perform Steps 1-5 here after that do not reinstall yet but follow these additional steps:

1. Open file explorer/file manager
  2. Type the following into the address bar (not the search bar): %APPDATA%
  3. Delete the Bnet and blizzard folders inside the appdata folder if they exist.
  4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 with %LOCALAPPDATA% and %TEMP%
  5. Empty the recycle bin.

If the game will not launch from the Blizzard app, please try locating the app as suggested above.

Please post back and let us know if this post helped, or if I missed the mark on this problem in it’s entirety.

I hope I did help though. :slight_smile:

/Nathardrick

Thank you very much for your reply. Everything works correctly running the game D3 from the Bizzard application. I think it’s solved. Thank you!
Best regards.