Will the Necro have a "lazy" build in S27?

I’m interested in checking out Necro for S27, and was wondering if there is what one could consider a “lazy” build. One that I can use to farm keys or something while watching YouTube or Netflix, not necessarily push the boards with or anything.

I’ve only recently started playing again, albeit sparingly since I knew S26 was wrapping up, and I didn’t partake in the PTR.

“lazy” build in S27?

Checkers might be more your seed if it is inconvenient for you to put some time into it.

Blizzard always has too many “industrious” necro builds.

The “lazy” necro builds never last.

Blizzard enjoys taking away our fun.

1 Like

Most of the Necro builds that I find good for decent farming and fast GR runs tend to be a bit too micro managed and rotational playstyle heavy for my liking. I want to go in and just lay waste with perhaps some management required, not have to run around like a chicken with my head removed and wait for a window of opportunity. That sort of playstyle usually turns me off of many builds.

But what is fun is subjective. *shrug

2 Likes

Ah, thanks guys, for the real feedback. I wasn’t sure if the new angelic powers changed things up.

There was a build several seasons ago where the Necro essential had like a whirlwind of debris floating around him. I can’t recall what it was, but it was perfect for easy farming and watching shows at the same time.

Trag’Oul Blood Nova is fairly lazy, most of the time you’ll be just channeling Siphon Blood to autocast Blood Novas. Get your Simulacrums up, occasionally using Bone Armor and Blood Rush, otherwise it’s autocast Novas.

It’s not “one button lazy” but it’s less attention demanding than other builds.

https://d3.maxroll.gg/guides/inarius-poison-scythe-necromancer-guide

This is likely the best option for a lazy build using a seasonal power, since the AotD power/glitch got nerfed.

1 Like

One of the sanctified powers in S27 is a constant AotD effect; how more of a lazy it can be?

I thought this was nerfed pretty heavily?

And? Do lazy builds with minimal player input supposed to have a walk in the park at high greater rifts with low paragon level? Lazy builds are for speedfarming mostly, not pushing. If it’s too powerful compared to the effort the player supposed to show, it’s natural that it got a nerf. That doesn’t mean the build vanished.

I get what you’re saying and agree, i just wasn’t sure if it got nerfed so badly that it wouldn’t even be considered viable.

It got nerfed pretty significantly… You can no longer stand still in GR140 and watch everything on screen die, you have to drop it down to about GR80. But it’s still a pretty powerful build, just not ‘lazy’ anymore, as you have to keep your minions up and attacking whilst avoiding getting hit.

The autolancer build with golem is pretty nice for low rifts (pestilence) as you can literally just run around with devour running and stuff will die off screen.

Also blood mages with trag ouls is pretty fast and lazy too. you just blood rush around the map and drop mages whenever your essence is full… pretty much everything dies just as quickly as it does with DH/Monk builds.

Cleared a GR90 in <2 minutes using Trag’s mages at sub 800 paragon (PTR ofc).

Sometimes i think i’m the only person that plays this game, but then i remember how good i am and that everyone else isnt that good so i understand why questions like this happen irl.

i mean, auto-lancer is about as lazy as it gets, and it the dev’s installed some real horsepower into the build this season. We’re not talking one of those noisy autozone mufflers you hear on a teenager’s honda civics. We’re talking twin turbos on the grease monkeys rebuilt Supra.

From Mr “I QUIT.”

3 Likes

Okay i’m relatively new to this forum so maybe i’m speaking out of turn here but like, why doesn’t every regular just mute this guy already?

4 Likes

“The heart wants what it wants” - Selena Gomez

I would recommend creating a class specifically for speed farming. Water ally monk, Strafe Dh (now with sanctified power) are usually me go to for T16 bounties and GR key farming.

Rathma necro, with AotD sanctified power will be great for lazy speed farming.

Wich is weird since Necro in D2 where kinda the most brain dead class to play. Farming for CD reduction is also not my taste.