Will DH be the most played class in s21?

Since necro and wiz look optimal and have nothing wrong with them…

I’m seeing a lot of people using the new DH set and pushing pretty high with it.

What are you guys going to be playing in s21 and what builds do you think look the most promising?

Well, as a DH player I would like to say

Its about time, that we get something nice!

And as it looks, we’ll actually get something nice in the next patch.

The new set has a interesting fantasy behind it, the overall playstyle seems to be convenient to me, it is quite strong, it is not outperformed by LoN (Hydra anyone?), and it doesn’t require Items that somehow conflict with the set design (again Hydra: You need channeling skills, but everytime an enemy hits you, you’ll loose damage).

And as an addition, the item setup is not that fixed. There seems to be several variants (more or less equally powerful), so that you can adjust the details to your personal preferences. (Like: using Odyssey, Fortress, Echoing Fury, Squirts, Flavour of time, maybe even Johanns, …)

Overall, I really like the new set. :bow_and_arrow:

5 Likes

The new DH set seems much less cumbersome than the new Necro set at the very least and that will be a factor…

Beyond that, my personal plan right now, with the intention of playing both classes is this:

1. Level a necro first. They level faster/easier and I can use it to unlock the Haedrig’s Gift free set, and boost a gem of ease ASAP.

2. Use gem of ease to boost the DH, use my headrig’s gift set on DH to run Shadow-Impale on DH and knock out the 70 grift for primals ASAP.

3. Use the DH to farm mats and push LoD gem for the necro.

4. End game… play both. Aiming for the new set on DH primarily… and I’ll try a few things on Necro, but likely LoD-Mage/Archers since I’m not super impressed by the Bone Spear set… I am curious to try some corpse explosion builds as well.

I get the benefit of easier leveling on the necro, and an easier path unlocking my free set. Meanwhile, the shadow set for dh is waaaaaaaaaaay better than Inarius is for necro, and getting a weapon for the DH to run impale is super easy compared to gearing the necro out for competitiveness (and I’ll likely run LoD builds on the necro anyhow)

4 Likes

If DH is in the meta speeds then sure. But it’s clearly obviously it’s not in meta pushing atm so it’s not looking likely. Seems to be only solo atm

4 Likes

The new set is fine as it is. It works for speed farming t16. What DH realy needs is a big damage increase to Shadow/impale. Like 500% on the weapon & 500% on the quiver.

Yes. I see there is no enough reason to play Necro in the next season.

I disagree. Let’s see zDH has what to offer:
150% global damage boost from Entangling shot (this is super massive).
Easily gather mobs with Bolas.
25% global damage reduction from passive Numbing traps.
Another 25% area damage reduction from Sentry Guardian turret.
Your quiver of choice can be Bombardier for more Sentry, or Emimei for instant Bolas mob gathering.
Zoey’s secret for the summon of 2 important pets: boar that gives global 20% all res, and wolf for the active 15% damage increase. Of course you can switch for Crimson set if you want more toughness and cooldown/resource cost reduction, if you feel that boar is enough
15% damage in an area from Marked for death valley of death
Still can wear oculus

P.S. I actually don’t know where to put Dawn into the equation. Can we use obsidian ring while rolling CDR on all possible places? Then at armor cube we can cube Aquila.

I gues this kind of setting can perform well too, no?

Not remotely massive if you can’t survive. That’s the whole point of zmonk, the healing. ZDH is like 120 tops unless the party is full of 4k plus gons and even then it’s a maybe. Clearly U haven’t done many 150s.

may the start-set be Unhallowed Essence.

1 Like

It’s not random but on rotation. DH is, Nat - Shadow - Marauder - UE. So it’s Shadow impale next season.
Haedrig's Gift | Diablo Wiki | Fandom

Who’s talking about replacing the zMonk? DH as 3rd Zdps will be meta

No please. Impale needs a buff but not that much.

2 Likes

Oh I see. So it’s XP runs only as nobody’s killing the RG. Lol. C’mon man get a clue. dH is not the 3rd zdps. Especially not for high GRs. 3 zdps is a speed onliy setup . Only way around that is if seasonal theme is killing the RG which is dumb

I think zDH can replace zBarb perfectly. zMonk is much harder to replace, too much toughness loss.
And same logic tossed to you too. If you can’t kill mobs fast enough, they will come back and kill you.

Hard to replace a zbarb that knows how to spear mobs. You don’t need much mitigation. You need mob density at high GRs.

1 Like

So no IP. Yeah not happening. Have you seen what happens she you don’t have IP in high GRs. You insta die. ZDH isn’t coming to high end play

At least it’s coming back, it’s been a minute since zdh could be potentially anywhere. It used to be good w/ the ancient bugged witch doctors that did stupid damage. I don’t care for DH anymore, I hate how when you die, you have no idea how. it’s just full health, zero.

It will. As many have said, zBarb is replaceable. Let’s see the 4p leaderboard in S21.

Lol yeah complete noobs that don’t do high teir content are Guna say that Mr I don’t post on my real account.
Barb IP Is critical for surivre. Barb is critical for grouping mobs. Every meta since the beginning relies on Area Damage to clear 150s if U can group stuff well. Good luck on your non existent clear. Go on main zDH next season and please let me know how many top tier games U get where Barb isn’t in the group. Bloody Zero. Have U even done top tier content. I highly doubt it. U can even do it without monk cause U need the constant healing.
If U think 3 supports are the new meta well that’s only going to happen if your able to cont abusing the seasonal theme on the RG

I didn’t watch the four person leaderboards so I don’t know how that all shook out in the PTR, but I do know that a group from my clan did 140 with three DH’s and a pull Barb and they were just messing around.

I think that’s pretty good evidence that the DH, at least the zDH will find it’s way into the meta.

When was the last time you saw three DH’s in a 140+?

1 Like