Will Blizz address NS Altar?

I don’t understand why Blizz chooses to deny NS the Altar. Can someone please shed some light on the subject?

10 Likes

Nobody but Blizzard can answer. Locked 2 petition threads this far.

Not looking good.

7 Likes

I don’t know why they can’t leave a thread open. Hopefully they’ve reconsidered though.

5 Likes

Actually, it was one petition thread and another thread asking why they locked the petition thread. This one is going to be locked Monday morning when they get back to the office.

Probably because these threads highlight a bad decision, they made followed a lot of covering their tail. The ones where people are thrashing on each other, personal insults, political/social commentary don’t seem to be affected.

The threads they locked, the vast majority of posts were calm, cool, collected, and stayed on topic and just stressed how much people want this feature.

15 Likes

Because the Altar and Visions coming NS would be a reason for lots of players to never touch seasons again - especially those with useless and boring themes. And we can’t have that, can we?

Because seasons are oh so fun and everyone should participate! [ cough ]

They made a grave mistake with the Altar. It offers QoL and Power combined. The power boost, albeit heavily nerfed, is something we don’t need in NS at all. Also some nodes definitely are harmful in NS if they are available from the get-go. Like removing level req or auto salvage pets. At least for new players that’s a toxic thing. They should be there, though, for veteran players. Thus those have to be gated, somehow.

But basically, the entire QoL part of the Altar is something that should just come to NS as default game mechanics. I mean, who the heck cares at this point in time. Just unlock auto-pick DB and extend it to all normal mats. Give pets auto salvage on demand, enable the movement speed buff and have double caches be default in NS… especially if Visions don’t come NS… on the other hand, they can do even Visions. SoJ anyone? Like with the puzzle ring opens Vaults and Bovine Bardiche opens Cow Rift, make it so that cubing a SoJ opens a Vision. Maybe also double primal.

6 Likes

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

Serious answer though, they literally don’t HAVE to do anything. The game’s EoL, those of us who enjoy it still are lucky they’re still keeping it online at all. Maintenance Mode™ isn’t just a meme, it’s the reality for D3. Legally speaking, they could take the game down today with zero explanation and never talk about it ever again, and we’d have zero recourse.

Regarding the forums, I think it’s silly (to put it “nicely”) that they’re arbitrarily locking some threads and not others, especially given the content / context of the threads they’re locking vs leaving alone. But, again, legally speaking them’s the breaks. They can shut this entire place down, too, and we’d have zero recourse.

I took a month or so off from here, not entirely sure why I came back. I guess I was looking for news on the upcoming season? But not even news gets reliably posted on blizz forums these days…

1 Like

Blizzard usually closes petitions since they don’t care for player opinions.
Same reason why basically no ptr feedback gets implemented ever. (Unless it’s regarding an exploit to fix)

Threads discussing closed petitions will also be just closed. Like this one after the weekend.

The game is in maintenance mode no balance changes or other good stuff to come in the future.
And even tho it would be next to no effort, the Altar also won’t come to non season

3 Likes

Having any petitions seems to be against the rules which is why they close them…

3 Likes

A petition by nature is against the forum rules, so that is a reason to close the first one. The second thread made reference to the first one, so association it got closed.

Pretty much they can lock or delete any thread they want because it is their forum. The first 2 got locked because they kept bringing up a situation that made Blizz look bad. The same thing will most likely happen to this thread on Monday when they get back to the office.

Both the 2 locked threads did not have any harsh language, name calling, or major off topic posts that I saw. Right now, there is a thread going on like this. Will be interesting to see which thread gets locked first.

3 Likes

I’m not seeing “petition” in the forum rules. I think they just don’t care.

7 Likes

So are they against the rules or simply “frowned upon”? Those are separate things. And a guideline isn’t a rule. Whoever that person is, made that post without thinking first.

Stop trying to play pedantic armchair gotchaisms. All you need to know is in the literal second paragraph of the Code Of Conduct they linked to:

the forum moderators shall have full discretion to address any behavior that they feel is inappropriate. Also, suspension or banishment from the game will always result in the same in regard to forum access. Your access to these forums is a “privilege,” and not a “right.” Blizzard Entertainment reserves the right to suspend your access to these forums at any time for reasons that include, but are not necessarily limited to, your failure to abide by these guidelines.

Literally, whatever they say, is the law. LITERALLY.

They can shut the forums down or NOT shut them down, or ANYTHING in between. THEIR word is law.

EDIT: This isn’t to say I agree with this. I’m just saying, no use trying to find a loophole. Even if you DID find one, they could just delete it and ban you and what would we even be able to do in response? Screen-cap it and send it to Reddit for lulz?

THEIR word is law, here. Like it or leave it.

4 Likes

I’ve written many forum rules and I write rules for a living.

Guidelines are not rules. They’re what a body considers “best practice for an optimal experience”.

They don’t care.

EDIT: Put it this way. If you feel you have them by the balls, legally speaking, sue them.

Or, don’t. Not like it matters to literally anyone else.

4 Likes

Doesn’t matter. What I said isn’t wrong. It’s the reason I roll my eyes whenever some ding dong says “that’s un-constructive” in trying to rationalize that someone broke a rule.

No, I’m not going to pursue legal action over a forum statement. Don’t be disingenuous.

I didn’t say you were wrong. I said you are irrelevant.

EDIT: If you’re not going to pursue legal action why even act like you have a legal case?

2ND EDIT: In fact, just to prove the point, I’m going to disengage from this conversation. You can say whatever you want in reply, and I won’t respond or touch it.

No, I’m not blocking you. I’m just saying, feel free to “show the world” whatever point it is you’re trying to make. I’m fully confident nothing will come of it.

5 Likes

Smart move, because this wasnt going to end the way you were thinking it was going to.

It is a guideline that when violated can lead to the thread being deleted by Blizzard.

Irrelevant.

Irrelevant.

Irrelevant.

3 Likes

By the S28, or so, Blizzard development team announced that S29 will be the last original Season theme and going S30 and onwards Season themes gonna repeat. It was a clear indication that game filled its lifespan and now being shelved. Considering the glory of S28, S29 was a fade in by comparison as well.
Aside from rocky start of S30, it took you 3 months and two, soon to be three, thread closures for this to sink in; game is being shelved and it’s been a decade. A few days ago, Diablo team celebrated the 10th anniversary of Reaper of Souls expansion pack release from social media. Initial install of Diablo 3 already got theirs 2 years ago.

Companies at this age are all about sustain, increasing the cost of upkeep once sure wouldn’t hurt them, but sustaining a costly service for years would put a dent on their resources. They always cut corners so inflation wouldn’t hurt them as much in foreseeable future and always invest where money streams from.
It wasn’t hard to realize that servers weren’t run on water or black magic but money and along the last decade it held well. If you ever need a culprit for not getting Altar at non-Season, you can point fingers at their planned budget spared for managing services and perhaps their bad communication routines. Or you can bicker in this thread for hours like my opinion or your opinion would convince developers after this hour. I don’t care at this point; this thread too will get locked by monday.

2 Likes