Will be there any action against botters?

3 USD for D3+D3 ROS on a website that sells keys…that are likely stolen but hey its not 30 USD try 3.

1 Like

Did you even read my post? Im not speaking about players who play 16 hours a day, but about those who are close to 24h a day. Wake up man! Also you can check my profile and season character how sad i have to be.

hell im paragon 900ish this season from just 19 hours this season

You are liar, i checked you profile, you are paragon 755 in this season, why you have to lie?

3 Likes

I really like this idea of building a “botting” scorecard and if you get a high score you get flagged for action. What would some key indicators be. I’ve never botted and took a year off so I don’t know how exactly you differentiate. What would be the key indicators?

Poor snowflake can’t play the game in this warm environment?
I doubt you can compete with a season hero that’s barely above 1k paragon.

Nice try, next time check my gear and then you would know i have actually stats to compete in LB.

How can you even argue here with seasonal 200 paragon? Why do you defend possible cheaters? Even if i would be in the middle of LB it doesnt change fact, that im disgusted by possible botters when they could be in top of the LB

1 Like

You’re only 1k paragon.
You can’t compete with meta players that are almost 2k.
Just play the game and enjoy it.
You will never get in the top 100 with 1k paragon.

5 Likes

Bots have been put on notice.

Key indicators are playing 20+ hours per day for weeks on end. Even if gaming is how you make your living, it’s only possible to play that much for so long. I’ve certainly done similar in my younger years, but it eventually takes a toll.

1 Like

Only sith thinks in absolutes.

Ok, you told us your opinion, you know the best. Of course you know when i stopped playing, i stopped pushing / actively playing last Tuesday, it means in that time they had at max +150-300 more paragon than me, but again you with 200 paragon and no progress knows better.

You may ask why i created this topic now, if i would done it last week, there wasnt enough days to have any proof of possible botting, also no one of their clan was in LB and i knew they are the best example

This has been an ongoing issue for WAY too long now.
I hope they do something.
Here is an interesting read that someone posted in my anti-cheat thread a while back.

3 Likes

With your logic i can say: “Only someone with 500+ paragon have right to comment on forum”. You are totally wrong on so many levels. You just showed yourself.

I’m tired of reading posts on gen forum from cry babies that complain about ppl that play more then them and have higher paragon.

I never ever cried about someone who has high paragon and get it legit way, but i dont like botters and dont be pathetic, someone who is playing 22hours per day isnt playing by himself.

2 Likes

What specific benefit is there for blizzard to ban botters? Nevermind how botting impacts our perception of the game and company thereof.

1 Like

It should be reputation and creating more trust in future customers in actual or future projects, but well we all know how reality looks :confused:

With the current policy blizzard takes against botters it will not work.
To make it work correctly would be to ban the entire blizzard acct and all games on that acct as well as bann the users internet protocol number. another issue is botters can buy another acct and then run that acct through vpn that will change the ip number again the most effective way would be for blizzard to make a deal with an anti cheat company where i would need to install a secondary program that monitors all apps on the users system this includes vpn programs

1 Like

Nice thread, i found it interesting. Thank you.

1 Like

Casual players are not attracted to a game where the perception is that cheating is permitted.

2 Likes

I am a disabled vet. I can not work anymore. I mostly play D3 anywhere from 10-16 hours a day. I can’t react fast enough to play a true MMO anymore. I use and play D3 to keep my mind off my health issues and not so great thoughts. I guess its my suicide prevention game. Anyway, my point is not all players who play 12+ hours a day are botters. You shouldn’t always assume…

1 Like

There is a point where it would be physically impossible to play for X amount of hours per day. When you have other things like bio breaks, eating food, cooking, etc… Count those that are not like you and you will see what happens when you add other real life issues such a work, school, social life, etc…

So unless someone supports them round the clock by doing things for them while they play D3 it would be safe to assume these ones are botting.

Sure for a short stretch of time players might be able to binge play D3 for more than 16 hours a day. But over the course of a month or more then it just doesn’t add up.

There is no way that anyone can play for around 22 hours a day as you will see going on in seasons. Just look at their seasonal record for season 19 then figure it out on your own. Outside of the cooking, eating, bio breaks there is sleep.

There is a report of a person that died playing a video game for more than 40 hours straight. So don’t try and tell us not to assume when there is a good reason why we do make those assumptions.

Hello, im sorry for your health issues, anyway no one assume that all players who play 12+ hours per day are botters, i never mentioned that, i never wrote that, this thread was never about that. I wrote concrete example with player who is playing 21.8+ hours per day and is probably same player who had in season 18 playtime 22.5 hours per day whole season.

Did anyone actually read my topic? There are already few players offended by something what i didnt even write.

3 Likes

Agreed, I have seen a barb in this season that already has a play time of 21.5 hours per day. That means there is just two and half hours per day for things like sleeping , bathing, eating, cooking. etc… There is just no way a human being can do that for that long of a period of time without botting. There was a person that died playing D3 for 40 straight hours.

This is how we can say with confidence that those ones are botting.

3 Likes

This is unfortunately a standard among the top leaderboards that the Hacks team needs to work on.
They could easily use total hours played to get a giant list of botters.
This is assuming their in game anti cheat is not already working.

2 Likes