Will be there any action against botters?

Hello,
im not accusing anyone, but those numbers are interesting - i think few super humans are playing diablo 3!

Right now former #2 EU Barb leaderboard, despite the fact, that his clan is well known for botting and multiple accounts were banned in past. New account (no previous season record), 2700+ paragon, 211.7 hours played in s19 from total of 233 hours since launch = 21.82 hours played per day, over 3.3k nephalem rifts done. What a dedication right? Nice!

Thanks to that im losing any interest to push or play more in this league, im just disgusted by that and that also means im disgusted by d3 for a while.

19 Likes

Exactly, if there would be paragon like system in D4, i will not be playing it, paragon main stat / toughness boost is main problem while its easily botted.

Banning botters will do nothing. That’s like saying “arresting all drug users will get rid of the drugs”. Ban them and they just buy a new account for 10 bucks. Must go after the program itself.

1 Like

That’s the plan, though. Also, they need to also purchase the expansion so I’m pretty sure it’s around $30 a pop.

yeah if you look into his / her profile, its new account for s19

I have no doubt. And Blizzard thanks him for his patronage.

1 Like

No one said that, at least not me.

Anyway, you are wrong. Drugs are sold in the real world and police / DEA cant control whole ground, etc etc, but d3 is running in the controlled environment, change environment and botting app will be no more possible. Blizz is controlling that environment, so its theit fault that botting is possible.

Also d3 client should be capable of auto-detecting botting app, like player is playing 90% of the day? Put him inside suspicous player list, player spending blood shards and salvaging stuff in 1 second? Put him into more suspicous player list, player is sending wierd / exceptionally fast server requests? Boom ban him and let admin check his case.

Ban them and they just buy a new account for 10 bucks

Yes, that concrete player has new acc for s19

I am waiting the day till botters will get banned. Take a look at the first Blizz post in the link below and you will love what it says. I know that I do, sure it is about TurboHud but still the Blizz post talks about bots.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/turbohud-bannable-or-not/8943/13

An infinite system is something that can be controlled. If you make sure that the increases are not linear. This means diminishing returns, where each stat boosting part will have diminishing returns. Where after a soft cap the amount you get per point will get to a point where it will be better putting it into other things. Then add in another thing that they can do with paragon that I would love to see them do. That is use it to unlock more customization options. Let’s say that add the necro in the first expansion. Also let’s say that you want your necro to raise zombies instead of skeletons. For x amount of paragon points spent you will be able to change the skill from raise skeletons to raise zombies.

Can you please tell me how to do that link thing??? is it an apostrophe? It never works when I try.
Edit: oh wait is it the thing on the tilde ~ button?? i might try that.

Well, I suppose ideally Blizzard would do both – punish botters with a ban, and also address the program itself to make it nearly impossible for botters to even run their stupid cheats in the future.

Highlight the link then hit the </> button by the quote button.

on the bar is button with </> icon (preformatted text), highlight text / link, etc and click on that button

you do realize hes theres people playing 16h day… i have a friend i been watching streaming and hes doing 13h a day in the last 2 days he went from fresh to 1679 paragon doing nothing but 120s with a group…quit your getting sad and just really disgusting accusing everyone of bots… maybe you just are awful at the game that badly learn to diablo it’s called getting past grift 100…hell im paragon 900ish this season from just 19 hours this season…they guys are streaming and already are over 70+ hours live…hell theres one who’s been up 4 days straight and hes U.S based and 2.9k paragon…

yall are sad AF that you accuse of botting yet don’t grasp how bad you are at the game and how they guys game for a living…i repeat they game for a living its all they do.

1 Like

3 USD for D3+D3 ROS on a website that sells keys…that are likely stolen but hey its not 30 USD try 3.

1 Like

Did you even read my post? Im not speaking about players who play 16 hours a day, but about those who are close to 24h a day. Wake up man! Also you can check my profile and season character how sad i have to be.

hell im paragon 900ish this season from just 19 hours this season

You are liar, i checked you profile, you are paragon 755 in this season, why you have to lie?

3 Likes

I really like this idea of building a “botting” scorecard and if you get a high score you get flagged for action. What would some key indicators be. I’ve never botted and took a year off so I don’t know how exactly you differentiate. What would be the key indicators?

Poor snowflake can’t play the game in this warm environment?
I doubt you can compete with a season hero that’s barely above 1k paragon.

Nice try, next time check my gear and then you would know i have actually stats to compete in LB.

How can you even argue here with seasonal 200 paragon? Why do you defend possible cheaters? Even if i would be in the middle of LB it doesnt change fact, that im disgusted by possible botters when they could be in top of the LB

1 Like

You’re only 1k paragon.
You can’t compete with meta players that are almost 2k.
Just play the game and enjoy it.
You will never get in the top 100 with 1k paragon.

5 Likes

Bots have been put on notice.

Key indicators are playing 20+ hours per day for weeks on end. Even if gaming is how you make your living, it’s only possible to play that much for so long. I’ve certainly done similar in my younger years, but it eventually takes a toll.

1 Like