this has to be changed what were they thinking this will destroy pub games
the difference is massive literally 3 screens wide instead of 1

6 Likes

Extensively discussed here, and with recent posts:

Why create a new thread?

I’ve just bought monitor because of that :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

congrats on being part of the reason people will quit to play vanilla d2

That’s most probably a huge waste of money.

If the devs aren’t complete baboons they will implement FoW to limit what you can see on widescreens and limit the casting range to what is possible on 16:9 screens.

They don’t need another f’d up classic remaster with mass refunding :wink:

4 Likes

they claim to be listening to feedback but are they really? seemed to me they didnt acknowledge any of the big things we were worried about just look at those random surveys they did they were terrible and only givin to d3 players? idk what they are trying to do but its not gonna fly with this game the first season matters the most because we all know bots and cheats are down the tail pipe

Calm down, comrade. I’m not gonna play pvp tournaments or whine against fow (if implemented). Just want finally see where the strafe is targeted to or where that extrafast burning souls group killed me from (actually, still hope they remain offscreen).

To me it seems that they actually do listen:

But I guess we will see whats really going on as soon as the beta starts :woman_shrugging:

They should be fixed if you want Diablo II Resurrected to be a competitive game (in both Pvm like speedrunning or PvP).

3 Likes

Im going to play the D2r and yes it will run at 5120x1440 on my samsung odyssey G9 :joy:

3 Likes

D2R will rendered at 3840x2180 so you will but not really.

A 16:9 4k will gank you from the south or north :slight_smile:

1 Like

doesent matter to me :slight_smile: i dont pvp a lot but its fun to do a little pvp win or lose its still fun :rofl:

1 Like

I’m still jealous :stuck_out_tongue: I run 3440x1440 but mostly said it to knock down the wide-screen advantage people talk about, it’s nice but a capable 16:9 will beat most wide-screen in view.

It’s a anything past 1080p they have an issue with.

1 Like

Some of you aren’t fully understanding how much this is going to botch the game release. Let me repost this again for the 3rd time today:

2 Likes

You do understand they can modify activation windows and adjust whatever they need to for resolutions?

You posting that over and over again helps nothing in the discussion, if you were to merely suggest a FoW for a fix I can get behind it but you can program for higher resolutions. You can fog of war the screen, you can do many things besides gimp monitors.

Mostly I’m annoyed you even bring up 32:9 or aspects at all, that’s not even the issue it’s the rendered resolution. 16:9 can see as much as ultrawide. Your issue is flat out resolutions but they can set a new spawn distance, and new activation distance, modify the map spawn if needed to stretch things out. They can find a middle ground activation window that fits 1440p circle. Now yes a ultrawide could see more east to west but again a 16:9 can see more on average than an ultrawide… so who there has an advantage? No one… they both however have an advantage over anyone under 1080p but nothing you can do about that besides lock the whole game to 1080p.

thats true :slight_smile: it was the same in the stone age when it was 800x600 vs 16:9 ppl complaining about unfair advantage its not realy unfair in this old but awsome game thats still running at 25 fps at the core. im going to enjoy this game for many years to come :joy:

You are seriously misunderstanding what I am saying in my post because you haven’t loaded in the link that I dropped to see what I’m talking about.

Take the time to load the link I posted into your browser and watch it.

We don’t need a fog of war covering anything up. to many people would complain about that ruining their widescreen experience. We need a simple limitation on where clicks can activate = problem solved. A click range limitation would essentially be a fog of war, without it actually being a fog of war.

2 Likes

Pretty nuts to see how tiny that was. For half a second I wasn’t sure what I was looking at.

So we’re saying you could basically hit anything from an entire area, crazy stuff.

Yup, it completely breaks the game in every possible way.

This is not a normal type of “do we want it or no?” discussion. This is an absolutely game breaking flaw that needs to be lamented before release or it will ruin the release.

Anyone who tries to disagree clearly does not understand Diablo 2 nearly as much as they think they do.

2 Likes

there is no issue its only only a little viable for pvp only and that have a fix in the way of asking ppl to set 16:9 res when in a private pvp game say you have 6 players doing pvp and use 2 x sorc as judge`s they will spot it if players are not following the rules of the pvp game.problem solved