Why not wait for Diablo 4 if you want changes? Stop trying to ruining our remaster

Here’s some things people need to realize before trying to make changes to d2 resurrected

• The D2 Resurrected trailer was focused on showing original fans their favorite classic Diablo game with updated graphics, not making it a different game with different mechanics.

• The developers want to appeal to the fans who have stayed with diablo since it became popular and give everyone what they have been asking for since D3 was hated by many. They have spent a lot of time making sure it was super close to the original with the art work, the original item sounds, the original soundtrack, the same dark feel and many other aspects. Their intention is to see a classic legend of a game and remaster it for windows 10 and newer consoles with better graphics and better mechanics without changing the game we all love.

• They are taking the best parts of diablo 2 and best parts of diablo 3 and appealing to both communities in the creation of Diablo 4. They are doing all types of changes that people who loved one game or both games may want. And they are doing changes that we have yet to experience

What is wrong with waiting for diablo 4 to come out to experience the changes diablo 3 fans are proposing?

What is so so wrong with keeping Diablo 2 Resurrected just like Diablo 2? Would it just be so wrong? Would not having personal loot (for example) really make it not worth buying?

Why not wait for Diablo 4?

87 Likes

Why don’t play the old diablo 2, as you don’t want changes? Didn’t they promise two versions of D2R ? The classic remaster and D2R?

Don’t speak for the whole community… i want small changes.

But I’m not sure about the personal loot. Didn’t POE had such thing?
I remember there was a timer to when you could pick up an item of someone else, or they had to leave the area. It was time-consuming and really annoying when the owner came back after several minutes and picked the item in front of you. Meh.

23 Likes

Calling everyone that has a diffrent opinion to you a kiddo, or saying if i dont get my own way ill refund, really shows maturity, well done

31 Likes

The same person Starting new threads with the same points of view don’t make them more valid.

The needs of the many outweighs the needs of the few. You’re in the few.

You’re going to kill this game.
Purists are going to kill this game.

You living in a distortion field is going to kill this game for millions of people.

Blizzard isn’t spending millions of dollars on a remaster to keep it the same.

Bring on Diablo 2 2.0 bring rifts, cosmetics, mtx even. Keep the D&D core, but maintain and expand the eff out of diablo 2. I want Diablo 2 2021.

19 Likes

First things first:

Personal loot doesn’t belong into D2:R.
It alters the way loot is working in D2 at it’s core.

On the other hand there are a lot of change requests that are perfectly reasonable to make and very well worth discussing.

D3 was one of the biggest disappointments for me as a gamer and I am playing since D1, so I am definitely not a “D3 kiddo”.

When the support for D2 slowly started to die down I and many others felt like it was a real bummer to know that they won’t improve this already very awesome game anymore.

With D2:R there is a new chance for D2 to evolve and become even better, but now there are people who try to put D2:R under “monument protection”, before it is even released and claim that everyone who disagrees with them isn’t a true Diablo fan or a filthy casual.

It would make me very happy to see changes like a charm inventory, stacking runes/gems, item and area level display, keeping Cow Level portal and Pindle portal accessible and maybe even some minor balance changes.

While I am not really interested in stuff like loot filters or Ladder only items in non ladder and single player they also seem to be rather reasonable changes to me, so I am absolutely not against them.

The D2 that isn’t receiving any further changes is going to be the current D2, but I know very well that telling people to just go and continue playing the old D2 is just as stupid and nonconstructive like telling people to wait for D4 if they want changes.

A middle ground between the 2 has to be found, so that leaves us with 2 options:

Either we get one mode that doesn’t receive any changes besides the improved graphics and some essential bug fixes, or we find a way to implement some of the most proposed changes while bothering the “no change” faction as little as possible.

Many of the QoL changes can simply be implemented with a toggle on/off option.
Charm inventory, loot filter, stacking runes/gems and probably a few others fall into that category and I don’t see a reason why those who want those changes can’t have them, just because some other players want to play without them.

Just put the standard setting for those changes as “off” and it will be pretty hard for people to even notice that they are even there.

Other changes are a literal no-brainer.
Ladder runewords/items in non ladder and singleplayer don’t really change anything.

Non ladder is going to be flooded with ladder runewords/items every reset anyways and if you don’t want ladder runewords in singleplayer: Just don’t create them :woman_shrugging:

25 Likes

This topic has been done to death, should be marked as spam.

10 Likes

Can I play the old Diablo 2 with updated and modern graphics?
Can I play the old Diablo 2 without bots?
Can I play the old Diablo 2 without dupes?
Can I play the old Diablo 2 with a new and large community of players?
Can I play the old Diablo 2 with wide screen monitor support ?
Can I play the old Diablo 2 on consoles ?

This is such a stupid comment to make, please stop saying it.

14 Likes

I think a simple answer is make a 2nd expansion that consists of big qol changes and maybe some endgame stuff, the people who want the changes can then play in the expansion and everyone else can keep playing in LOD

7 Likes

You’re literally being a troll now

The team has done an incredible job bringing the art to life on each of the characters and you’re in here crying for cosmetics?

Unbelievable.

6 Likes

Though most people seem to simply want some QoL and/or balance changes and not an expansion.

Also when is that expansion going to be released?
It would probably take some time for them to create it and to me that sounds like it would fall into the same time window as D4.

I’d say it’s for the best to leave the creation of new content to the mod community.

1 Like

Stop creating the same topic over and over again. You are pretty much against any minor changes. We get it. Also, just because someone wants QOL improvements, it doesn’t mean they’re a D3 fan. I’ve played D2 on and off for about 18 years. I’m currently playing PD2. I welcome QOL changes.

11 Likes

No I’m saying I don’t plan on paying for a product that promised it would remain true to itself.

I don’t understand how refunding something is childish. Are all the people who refunded cyberpunk childish as well ?

1 Like

Then just refund it if you can’t deal with QOL changes that will make the game better. The majority of people here want things like a charm inventory, go look at the amount of upvotes in that topic.

3 Likes

Everybody is entitled to free speech, this is known across the globe, I am a long time Diablo 2 Die hard fan, and yes I don’t agree with everyone and what they want changed but at the same time some of the suggestions make sense. The one I am okay with is, Little cosemetics around the Runeword items, but to be frank the way I look at it is only very select few Runewords would get them in my mind, like Items that aren’t used a bunch, White for PnB, Faith for Bowazons, Duress for low levels and the list goes on, these are just examples of Runewords I don’t/didn’t see very much throughout playing Diablo 2 the last 8 years.

1 Like

Personal loot is not a QOL change, it’s changing a core game mechanic. And yes it’s enough of a change for me to continue playing D2 instead.

12 Likes

Refunding isnt childish, infact if the game comes out and you dont like it you should refund.

Saying if i dont get my own way im gonna refund is childish.

Those changes may happen, you may even like them, iv baught a game before i thought looked crap, (kenshi) and it turned out to be one of the best games i played, in years.

Threats before the game is even released is childish.

Just refund it and go (you don’t need to tell everyone)

7 Likes

The OP doesn’t mention personal loot specifically here. I’m talking in general. Personal loot wouldn’t even be bad if it was timed like PoE and it’s able to be turned off/on btw, but that’s fine.

3 Likes

I think additional content, and balance changes (buffs only) will be much more welcome with open arms then core gameplay changes such as personal loot, /8 players command, etc.

Seems only the people who didn’t like D2 and wanted to play mods are the ones advocating for charm inventory, they don’t understand that it does affect the level of decision and balance for players, especially in PvP.

1 Like

I mean he literally mentioned it at the end of his post.

‘What is so so wrong with keeping Diablo 2 Resurrected just like Diablo 2? Would it just be so wrong? Would not having personal loot (for example) really make it not worth buying?’

I disagree I don’t think the PoE mechanic would be as bad as D3 personal loot, but still not as good as shared loot. Ranged/casting characters already have a HUGE advantage in PvM, and to allow them to have the same chance to get all the loot as a melee character would take incentive away from playing melee.

Not only that, but a huge part of the game is staying active, personalized loot even like PoE will make the game much less interesting since there won’t be any extra competition for grabbing loot as soon as possible. To a lot of people that grew up with D2 this was a HUGE part of the fun, and the developers don’t want to take away anything that we felt was a nostalgic or great part of the game.

4 Likes

Woops. I missed the last part of his post, just woke up not too long ago. But anyways, I get what you’re saying, but this is why it should be able to be toggled on and off upon game creation. They can satisfy both sides.

1 Like