Why not Vengeful Wind with PoJ set?

So I have not played my monk in a few seasons but I wanted to play him in S22 in order to get the new set. Looking at the build on icy-veins, it has the Pigsticker as one of the weapons with the Won Khim Lau.

I can’t figure out why you would not rather have Vengeful Wind instead of Pigsticker? Wouldn’t it make you much faster with the 2 piece set bonus?

Forget icy
you lose stacks with vw and only get ms, ias is 1:1 dmg - many people use azure for 20% more cold
season you play shenlong, balace and wkl in cube
non season swk is much stronger

2 Likes

Echoing Fury is also a good 2nd weapon, but Azurewrath is the best push weapon. I do use VW when speed farming for the crazy move speed though.

1 Like

I used it for a speedrun/farming build, but dropped it for another weapon when pushing. As GR level increases, I find myself having to double back almost constantly when I have higher movement speed, which defeats the purpose of having it. Lower movement speed means more time spent in contact with the enemy without having to double back. If you can find a weapon which does more damage, has more attack speed, or has an elemental bonus, that’s all the more reason to switch.

Besides…Sweeping Wind damage doesn’t help the build. It’s a fraction of what you get from Tempest Rush. I’m honestly not sure why they even have bonuses to that skill in the first place.

1 Like

One of these seasons I’m going to get a VW as my rare upgrade and getting to 70 will be CRAZY easy. Getting up to 13 stacks (so 13x) and up to 9x to a steady source of damage will let you just walk up to anything and watch it die on your path to 70.

Once you get to 70, the damage that SW does is laughable compared to almost EVERY other skill. Only PoJ, Inna and LoD buff SW damage for it to be even considered as a primary damage dealer and VW and Kyoshiro’s Belt are the only 2 direct modifiers to it.

If they ever get around to modifying the Eye of the Storm like a previous ptr, then SW “could” be a primary damage dealer in PoJ, but Eye of the Storm would have to be buffed to crazy levels to compare to TR with Cesar’s, Balance and WKL or they’d need to add a couple of other modifiers to be similar in power. I suggested a while ago that they have EotS increase the proc chance of the SW cyclones and to have them do a LOT more damage and to orbit you (making you into the “Eye of the Storm”). If they make Kyoshiro’s belt SW damage higher and possibly add another SW modifier to an unused fist weapon or bracer, then you could drop the TR damaging aspect of PoJ and focus on the SW aspect, and causing TR to be just there to empower the set (kind of the reverse of how it is currently).

I’d love to have both tempest rush and sw dealing equal amount of damage. Could be fun

1 Like

I don’t think they’d ever be equal at GR push levels. There just isn’t enough slots to get bonuses for both skills. I would be fine if they buffed SW to the level of TR and basically swap the focus of the build.

I use Vengeful Wind in all my bounty/t16/gr speeds and basically just use Azurewrath for pushing.

4 Likes