Why no rework for IK Set?

Hi Nephalems,
I would have so much appreciated a change for the IK set for this season 28!
Devs have already modified the “old sets”: Inna, Natalya, Tal Rasha…
We know very well that these sets are Tiers S or A.
I was slightly inspired by the previous season to propose these suggestions :

Immortal King’s Call: [Proposal] :heart_eyes:

(2) Set:
Call of the Ancients last until they die and gains the effect of the Ancients’Fury rune.
(4) Set:
Reduce the cooldown of Wrath of the Berserker and Call of the Ancients by 3 seconds for every 10 Fury you spend with an attack.
While both Wrath of the Berserker and Call of the Ancients is active, you gain 50% damage reduction.
(6) Set:
Hammer of the Ancients and Call of the Ancients deals 10.000% increased damage.
Double this bonus for Every fifth cast of Hammer of the Ancients.

NEW CHANGE FOR THESE ITEMS :star_struck:

• Fury of the Ancients (Legendary Shoulders) #NEW CHANGE#
    Gain [15 - 20]% reduction damage for every Ancients active, and Your Ancients attack 100% faster.

• Boj Anglers (Legendary Boots) #NEW ADD#
    Hammer of the Ancients hits in all directions around the Barbarian, and deals [2 - 3]% increased damage for every point of fury you have.

NO CHANGE FOR THESE ITEMS :thinking:

• Bracers of the First Men (Legendary Bracers)
    Hammer of the Ancients attacks 50% faster and deals [375 - 500]% increased damage.

• Remorseless (Legendary Mighty Weapon)
    While both Wrath of the Berserker and Call of the Ancients are active, Hammer of the Ancients deals [600 - 800]% increased damage.

• The Gavel of Judgment (Legendary Two-Handed Mighty Weapon)
    The damage of Hammer of the Ancients is increased by [600 - 800]% and it returns 25 Fury if it hits 3 or fewer enemies.

Any opinions ? :grinning:

I like it now. Maybe increase the 6 piece to make it as strong as lod hota.

So the only skill you can use is Hammer of the Ancients?

More sets need to be more appealing to more skills. Whirlrend is boring because all you can use for damage is Whirlwind (to apply Rend automatically). Raekor is similar…

One skill set builds are just not exciting.

Well, as someone who plays the set and stays on the leaderboard, I appreciate the simplicty of HoTa. Immortal Kings is, I think, a great way for barbarians to get into the hammertime action.
The problem isn’t the set. It’s that barbs don’t have a lot of huge weapon modifiers for different skills like other classes do. It’s just a base damage multiplier bonus.

Finally figured out a very fun S28 build. Check the leaderboard for more info. Much better than what I was using before.

1 Like