Why is UE considered superior to Marauder?

Currently I got 53 Discipline (Asia side if you’re trying to see my toon), and got a Marauder set I’m putting the finishing touches to.

Granted, I hate constantly recasting those stupid sentries, but compared to UE they grant far higher damage bonus.

M6: 12k damage per active sentry. Got 2 extra sentries for a total of 60,000% from the full set alone, excluding Yang & Undertaker’s Le…erm, Deadman’s Legacy.

UE6: 350% damage per Discipline point = 18,550%. Don’t get me wrong, I’d luuuuuv to ditch the sentries altogether, but that’s a 40k+% damage loss. I can get the same bonus (and then some) with just 2 sentries.

So why is UE widely considered far superior to every other DH set?

UE is superior when it comes to speed farming (T16 and Bountie Runs).

And it is also a solid build when it comes to speed GRs.

Other sets are better when you are looking at (normal) GR pushing, because there is no issue when you have to relay on your toughness.
UE needs painful fishing to be able to compete there.

To sum things up, UE is the nobrainer allrounder :slight_smile:

1 Like

But damage output-wise, UE appears to be so much more inferior. I mostly use my DH for quick gem levelling - not pushing for any particular GR #.

But now I’m also using it for T16 split bounty pubs where speed is of the essence, and I find myself frequently forgetting to recast Sentries. So I’m annoyed-af and looking to ditch it. But UE’s damage output looks vastly inferior on paper. I need to kill things fast, not chip away at them.

So where does the UE kill speed come from?

Well, thats how I am playing UE (all content). Enjoy :wink:

P.S.
You just destroy the entire screen with the click of one mousebutton :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Your comparison is quite off…

M6 - 12k per sentry but you have to choose between perma Vengeance with 3 sentries or part time vengeance with 5 sentries… So that’s either 36,000 with perma vengeance or 60,000 without. Sentries only do ~1,000% damage apiece per shot outside of N6M4 so can be basically ignored.

UE6 - 350% per disc, up to 86! disc if you’ve geared/skilled right. Perma vengeance w/o sacrifice, and also a 1.6X multiplyer from the 4pc set bonus. This gets you to around 48,000% effective set multi with vengeance.

So it’s more a 48k vs 36k in an apples to apples comparison.

PS. I’ve ignored the Yang’s and DML bonuses because both sets will benefit equally from them.

5 Likes

Well… you’re calculating on 53 Disc. A properly built UE should be somewhere close to 86 disc (30 base + 20 Invigoration + 12 quiver + 12 bow + 12 cloak). You might not have perfect rolls, but you don’t want to be too much under that. There’s also the additional 60% multiplier on UE4. So (1+86*350/100)*1.6 = 483.2x multiplier. When you consider all the factors properly, that’s almost 3x the number you were looking at.

Brings it much more in line with the Marauder’s multiplier. Especially if you are comparing UE Multishot vs. Marauder’s Multishot, since with Marauder’s Multishot you can’t fit Yang’s and DML and Dawn and Rucksack all together, so you are forced to lose a bit of multiplier with Marauder’s Multishot somewhere.

Although I suppose if we’re going to bring in UE4 we’d have to consider the Marauder 4-piece too.

EDIT: Silben beat me to it!

4 Likes

Uummmmmmmmmmmm what?

But they also buff your own damage so they can’t be ignored.

I think he is referring to M6 Multi in which you want to use Yangs + DML and thus only have 1 slot left for either Dawn or Bombardier’s Rucksack.

The damage the sentries do directly is what is generally ignored unless using the N6M4 setup. The 601x M6 multiplier from 5 sentries is what is being compared to the 483.2x UE multiplier.

The bottom line is that M6 can attain a higher multiplier than UE but doesn’t have permanent Vengeance and also requires replacing 5 sentries every time you die or move to a new map.

1 Like

I am not sure why you would go with MS on M6 build because MS does not have infinite range like Cluster Arrow (most runes).

I really did not see that he was speaking about M6 MS variant, if he was…

EDIT: Point is that any idea of speed farming with M6 is bad idea.

back in 2.6.4 dmkt had the M6 MS build

~https://www.diablofans.com/builds/94690-2-6-4-120gr-m6-multishot-cindercoat~

Lot’s of discussion in the old forum.

Yes it was using exploit aka Potion Blasting. And UE did better than it anyway.

Still a viable fun build without the burst damage from the potion blast.

Potion blasting did not work without MS… so it did not work on Cluster Arrow. That is the only reason why MS was used with M6.

To clarify – it did work with cluster arrow and slow ball as well. Of the few players who did play M6, most rolled Sentry Damage off their rucksack, chest and shoulders – so they couldn’t detect the spike in damage.

Using potion blast, I could have definitely taken M6 Cluster Arrow past GR115 during that time.

To answer main question.

UE is considered superior to Marauder because:

It is faster for key farming
It is faster for bonties
it is faster for exp farm
Marauder is/was mainly used for solo GR push only where you can use UE also.

I prefer Marauder for group speeds, Ill post an updated vid of how it does in 4p pub rift games, particularly you are eating up tons of discipline to stay with the usual frontrunners (monk, nec). The UE6 bonus sometimes goes to crap in long / empty maps and you don’t earn kill credit.

Doing rifts in 1-1:30 min was pretty regular, graveyard under a min. It also does very well in bounties w/ preparation focused mind. When you are running 40-50% CDR w/ Orotz, all sentries are out fast.

Capt Crimson might have tipped scales, i look forward to retesting once I recoup the bounty mats that were wasted yesterday.

That might be true for 2.6.5 but Captain Crimson do change that for 2.6.6. We can vault much more now.

If Blizzard does not give us teleport ability or dash (not going to happen) we will stay behind other classes no matter what.

Yes agreed, and Squirts is giving the build a lot more damage, so sacrifices can be made like which rune is used for Preparation.

Really no need hatred back from Preparation. But, hey I got Primal bow with 50 RCR, with lower rolls it is different for sure.

Not hatred, discipline. Invigoration gives 30 per pop. Focused Mind gives 45 over time. That’s 50% more discipline. When you know you have to vault, you pop it right away. You’ll get a head start on the cooldown too.

• Invigoration gives 30% more maximum damage.
  • Focused Mind might recoup some of that in very crappy maps.

Focused Mind is better for bounties, clear everything on 2nd floor, etc.

M6 doesn’t care which rune you take, but it might not matter now!