Why is the amazon so ungodly ugly?

Edited my previous post to include the additions.

Thanks!  

2 Likes

If i’m not mistaken all of the heroes in HOTS are done by the main dude with the long black hair who has been responsible for the majority of blizzard’s art style in their games dating back to the early days so it’s not surprising given his time at the company and how he is one of the people who pioneered their style. VV while in collab with blizz is leading the charge on this game and they are a great studio especially with their remaster track record which is extremely high in praise, so i expect them to make the final product amazing, hope i’m not wrong in my faith in them.

keep in mind its still being worked on and in alph.

1 Like

Blizzard should take notes on this. A random guy on web makes much better models than a billion dollar company. Especially, Amazon, Assassin and Paladin edits are 10000000x better than Blizzard’s Netflix DLC skins.

25 Likes

anyone else thinks that the barbarian looks like dave bautista? xD

10 Likes

I really like the edit on the Paladin.

11 Likes

We all know the answer we just cannot say it on the forum.

20 Likes

I like the new look. Don’t know why there are so many whiners going on about it… you wont even see it in-game.

Plus you can’t deny there is a perception in our society that a woman has to be sexy to be valid (created by media companies), and I like that Blizzard (as a media company themselves) has tried to help change that to something more normal.

Not to mention it’s not really in keeping with a gritty, dark world to have to some bimbo flouncing around boobing demons in the face.
Also! how does she shoot a bow with those in the way? The one bow character in the game could never feasibly shoot a bow! The Amazons of Greek myth had to cut one off…

I get that you guys want to see attractive women, but there are many sites on the Internet where you can find those.

I won’t suggest real life women of course, because the kind of people that complain about ugly women on a gaming forum aren’t going to be getting girlfriends :wink:

2 Likes

Then, I guess you would be surprised that many of us do have girlfriends or are married… (to “real life women of course”).  

14 Likes

Yes, we will see it in game. There is even a new zoom-in option and the character selection screen (after you have created the hero and is going to start a new session) displays the model in enormous size.

Many of us zon players don’t even use helmets, just circlets, so yes the ugly face is a bother.

I have no problem with a player character not fitting beauty standards, however we want the hero to look like it used to - face, body. This is a remaster, this is not a remake. The classes are not supposed to have aged, they have to look close to the original and that’s it.

The breast argument makes no sense because it’s a fantasy game. The Amazon character shoots volleys with thousands of arrows, reloads at blazing fast speed, carries a huge stock of arrows easily and her arm never gets tired of shooting. Her breast doesn’t have to be realistic because the whole game just isn’t.

I want to play the hot, original Amazon yes and I’m not even straight, lol. It’s not for the horny, it’s for the consistency of what a remaster asks for!

18 Likes

i think people forget about how fugly the characters were in promo art and renders some times. i mean i agree some of the new models could use some work but the characters were not as nice looking as people remember from the low resolution of the game. the amazon had sunken cheeks and an oddly pointy and pointed outward bust in stuff.

www.imgur.com/TuiW5ba (ty May13 for explaining) :stuck_out_tongue:

looks 100% better than D2R maamzon

11 Likes

After typing a link, highlight it and click the button above that looks like </>.

Or just put ` before and after.

https://imgur.com/TuiW5ba example

3 Likes

Nice montage.

This is what it looks like outside the Imgur Album:

21 Likes

Well her face doesn’t look quite right, but you can still see it having a feminine shape and looking rather attractive after a shot or two.

The current one certainly looks like someone was in the middle of making an Amazonian Tribesman, only to then be told that the character is supposed to be female so quickly changed the body and hair but forgot the face.

The fan edits for the face are nice, and hopefully the developers will take some inspiration from those.

Are you sure about that? Because the Amazonian women from Amazonia want to have a word with you: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/501165104809771020/819559835859157002/wtf.png

Obvious troll is obvious. Either that, or someone who plays on the Argent Dawn server in WoW.

1 Like

wow man…
your paladin is so much closer to the paladin i remember from d2
congrats i hope they take some notes from your edits

8 Likes

That’s how i like my amazon / paladin / sorcress / assasin!

Don’t forget the characters got older only in D3, to give them a more experienced feel/look.

I don’t want my amazon to look like a crystal m. user. Her voice would not match at all! At least give us an option to choose. I liked the edits very much! Great content.

3 Likes

Thanks to juhas514 for posting the links.  

1 Like

Awesome. It’s okay to be a tough woman and not look like a man. All the dude models look fine as does the Sorc and Assassin. The Amazon model is is the only one that looks off the mark.

2 Likes

These edits look great. Blizzard, are you taking notes?

14 Likes