Why is the amazon so ungodly ugly?

Each class resembles aging alcoholics, not nephalems. They should be younger in their prime.

49 Likes

I don’t understand why they are screwing with the design of the characters! Everything in this game looks amazing except the character models. It’s important because the main menu now has your whole character and its close up! People will lose interest and it’s gonna kill the game if its not true to the original!

Honestly why would you deviate so far from the OG models that have a 20 year audience behind them?

Makes no damn sense.

and the Barbarians eye brows look ridiculous!

57 Likes

Amazing! Blue posts that actually care about a game again! Thank you!@

14 Likes

True. Barbarian doesnt look like a young muscular warrior-adventurer anymore.
He’s more like an old convict with an axe instead lol

A brief comparison:
https://i.imgur.com/eXYiogW.jpg

30 Likes

I would like to add something.

1. New Druid looks even bigger than Barbarian. And he looks very old and tired of life.
  2. Paladin wasn’t African in the original game. He had dark/brown/black tone of skin, yes. But his face were not the face of African. And he had no afro hairstyle. Maybe he was Spanish, or Italian, or Greek, or Sephardi Jew. Specifics doesn’t matter in fact. But African Christian (Catholic inspired) knight with afro hairstyle looks silly in European medieval based fantasy. And moreover doesn’t match the original game at all. I do not want to offend any people. By the way Sorcerer in Diablo 1 is 100% African and he is very cool! I just want a proper remaster of legendary (and my favorite) game of my childhood without such art-design changes!
  3. Assassin could be Asian according to the game lore. But, please, make her prettier!! She was perceived not only deadly but also beauty.
  4. Original Sorceress was red haired! And that’s one of the things which was her signature!
41 Likes

The devs’ eyes are sharp enough to spot the hanging garlic, but not to see, that the Assassin was white and had no Asian facial features? And that the Amazon was not an old woman?!

What’s there to iterate on? Just give us the original appearances… and if you insist to iterate on the new random models (which are not faithful recreations of the originals and, as such, are disrespectful both to the artists, which originally drew them as well as to the players, who played those characters for years), add them as optional.
Surely the $40 for a remaster (when other remasters are cheaper) can cover it.

77 Likes

Minor tweaks or adjustments to the characters are ok, I don’t think I would be upset if they were slight less “sexy”. I think that whenever you increase the graphical fidelity of a game it will necessitate creating characters with less cartoonish features and proportions. Including a barbarian that is less muscular and women with more realistic physiques. So that is expected.

But wow, these remastered characters look really haggard. That only seems to fit thematically with the necromancer, and maybe the druid. The amazon has another problem, not only does her face look very masculine but she also looks a lot like Donald Trump specifically. The resemblance is so strong it’s hard to believe it’s not intentional.

But it’s great to see that the blizzard is addressing this feedback. Props to them!

26 Likes

We don’t want Diablo 2 Refunded as well as we didn’t want WarCraft 3 Refunded. I hope it’s not to late to correct some visual details to make a great remaster of legendary game. I believe in that, that’s why I am here! :slight_smile:

23 Likes

I never met anyone who wants to spend their time looking at ugly people for any reason other than entertainment. That said, I never looked at their faces anyway.

10 Likes

I like the way the characters look, they are immersive to me; they look so real and practical with the new graphics, and it is like they have aged along side myself.

If you guys do decide to change the way the characters look please at least allow us to have the options to choose the way they look.

1 Like

They are looking too fat guys, look at dudu and pala ehh

15 Likes

I was imagining it was less to do with stereotyping and more to do with Blizzard having a large share of asian markets and wanting to be inclusive of that market. Similar to the wizard in D3.

As far as the Amazon goes, I think they were going for a stoic and martial warrior for her and just pushed it too far. She reads very masculine and/or old as a result of how hard her features are. I think if they softened her up a bit there would be less issue for most of us.

6 Likes

You can’t draw in detail somebody else’s broad art collection - it is impossible to reproduce the original talent which is why they chose to redraw them in the best possible way.

My humble opinion is that the community will make Blizzard a lot of money if you allow us to purchase skins for our characters similar to what we can do with League of Legends where a champion may have over 10 different skins but the original logic of the champion is still running in the background.

Start with a remaster and introduce a new act with the original designers who are now doing Torchlight. We can put together a grand creation for what Diablo 2 can be.

Well instead of skins as you suggest why not just go the route of WoW and have a creation page like that. I’m not advocating for that. Just younger versions of what we see currently would be fine imo.

1 Like

Just going by that picture, the new art is so much better. The new warrior looks like someone who has walked the paths of hell and is ready to go back for some more.
The original art at the bottom looks like a child in a cos-play outfit. I don’t think I ever noticed just how much of a baby face the original barb had.

Is not only the Amazon who looks bad , all of them besides the Sorceress , look different , they gained pounds and their faces are different , Druid with that big hair is not good

14 Likes

The amazon from the original Diablo II character creation screen has the best woman boobs i have ever seen!

13 Likes

Sorc is different too. Link to one of my fav pics of her
d2tomb. com/images/sorceress.jpg
take out the space between . and com

3 Likes

Yeah by saying that D2R Sorc looks ok doesnt mean i do not like the one you linked , ofcourse i would preffer the original Sorc look than the current !

1 Like

Sorc was always the hottest for me. Not the boobazon ; ) haha

That’s not to say that I don’t like ranged melee. I’ve liked that type of char ever since D1’s rogue and still like it now on WoW’s hunter. As a matter of fact that class is in my top 2, sorc/mage being the other.

1 Like