Why is the amazon so ungodly ugly?

Fixing the character model’s faces is one of the easier things they can do. It has nothing to do with the core of the game or balance or adding anything. It only takes a little time in Photoshop or whatever other rendering software they use.

It is low hanging fruit that will please a lot of old and potentially new players.

10 Likes

“We knew amazon’s age… and then we doubled it”

15 Likes

you can do way better than this blizzard…

11 Likes

It seems to me that they didn’t fully understand the characters they were designing. That would be why the reflection of those characters is completely off.

17 Likes

:joy:
“Don’t you have moms? You do have moms right?”

5 Likes

Has there been any news regarding them fixing the models to match the original or should I just refund?

8 Likes

If Diablo twitter is anything to go by…they aren’t changing the amazon.

5 Likes

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/d2r/1930/1932/solution

Refund link for D2R is there for your convenience.

10 Likes

Its amazing this has so many replies. I guess this is a good thing. The game is soo good the face of a character you’ll never focus on anyway needs to be discussed.

2 Likes

Or in reality very few people have access to the game and can only post on things that can see.

lol

People get upset about the Amazon’s face in the remaster…Yet the woman didn’t even have a face in the original.

2 Likes

No. She had one. Nice try though.

21 Likes

It’s funny how they have aged the characters & how the characters are supposedly veterans on fighting monsters hell etc EXCEPT this Is diablo 2, the characters are just getting in to It and are not heroes yet q_q

This is the main reason why having all the characters age 20 years Is stupid as ****

22 Likes

rly ? looks just like a bunch of pixels to me. Sry^^ anyway :slight_smile:

Most people that say this don’t know the game that well or have much of a history with it.

I’m looking at my game manual that came with the CDs on page 38 and there’s a full picture of the Amazon - the whole body and face with a bow and shield on her back.

She is tall and lithe. Very graceful looking. Very suitable looking for an archer like elven archers would be in Tolkien or D&D.

The new Amazon is much stockier and shorter in lower body - proportions are not tall and lithe. Immersion is really poor because so much about her makes no sense - the age, the body type, the ungraceful nature, and so on.

There was also a D&D module put out with Blizzard that had her on the cover including her face - this new one is nothing like that at all obviously.

There’s a whole mythos and style around her from a lot of media that most casual players don’t understand.

25 Likes

I should really grab my manual from the box again. I know where I stored it for all these years.

3 Likes

Can’t wait for the next Metroid game.

Samus clearly looks like Judy Dench, right guys? right?

4 Likes

Weird – seems like whoever posts the Diablo twitter messages messed up a bit sending those lame responses. That’s ok, though. Blizzard and VV could still easily alter the face a bit just to bring it more in line with the original D2 amazon and totally, and literally, save face. They may be embarrassed to beautify a woman in the current culture ( :roll_eyes:), but they could just easily say they’re changing it to conform more to D2’s original artwork. Which is the real reason to change, anyway.

If the D2 amazon looked like that, fine - then it wouldn’t make sense to ask for the D2R amazon to look more beautiful.

And what then, we’re wrong because we notice beauty? Puhh-leease. Present a beautiful woman OR man and a less beautiful woman or man to anyone on the planet, and I’d bet my life savings the vast majority would prefer the same one.

11 Likes

So much hate. What if the lead artist was making the Amazon to honor their mom look like her? Is that it? The newly designed Amazon looks like the lead artistsl’s mom? Dude. I’m sorry. Not for the hate. Your mom’s U-G-L-Y.

3 Likes

It’s kind of interesting how well they did the Sorceress compared to some of the other models. To me she looks very good.

3 Likes