Why is Razeth's Getting Singularity Rune?

The way I see it is that this forces necromancers further into Land of the Dead+Devour builds as opposed to increasing diversity by letting us pick 3 of 5 runes instead of 4 of 1. If the idea is to enforce that necromancers are too 100% revolve around Land of the Dead+Devour interactions then ok, but if the idea is to push for diversity, is this not the wrong approach?

Is there a reason for this change? Gift of Death rune is a very generic affect whereas Singularity defines a playstyle.

Not saying it’s a bad change, but it’s a nerf for any build that doesn’t use LotD+Devour considering how horrid resource generation on Necromancer is.

As a small aside, why is every skill modifying legendary for Necromancer competing with a 6pc slot? Makes itemization extremely linear.

1 Like

actually, Singularity is such a beast of a rune for the mages skill that its basically the most mandatory rune to pick anyways.

3 Likes

I don’t disagree, but let me rephrase.

Forcing Singularity here is equivalent to forcing every mage build to also be a LotD+Devour build.

The issue isn’t that Singularity is now attached to Razeth, but rather that it gate keeps builds that aren’t using LotD+Devour.

I’m all for pushing leaderboards, but I mean, instead of JUST buffing a build this change is actually forcing all builds to be the same.

1 Like

jep unfortunately. But there were rarely any other builds anyways. A trag oul blood mages is the only on i can think of not running lotd already.

The probably best solution could just be a new item like bracers that give mutliple corpses everytime a corpse is generated. Or, mutliple use of one corpse over a set amount of time. Summoning your golem with its 8 corpses that can be used for 5 seconds or so without being consumed by your spells.

Another solution is to just let the mages cost their 40 essence or w/e they cost and get the singularity rune “for free” kinda. But that is against their will to nerf rats then…

Apart from lod mages there are only 2 other builds that use mages. The bloodmages build using tragoul set and the rathma set build and neither of them are competitive with lod mages.

So i dont really see how this change forces players into a specific build more than they already are

Pro is: You can cast the bloodmages with only half-full or lower essence too. Its a net buff neither way! Dont forget that.

The main problem is that your essence cannot be refilled as fast as it needed to be other than lotd+devour. Especially with simu-reservoir active.
And/Or that corpses are rather rare from enemies when pushing. Or when youre in the sewers rift… xD

1 Like

I think the reason they changed the shoulders, is for the generator build. The build was a poison build but it use the singularity rune to dump essence so that you could generate as much as damage from Leger’s Disdain. With the shoulders you can play poison mage and not have to use a skill that is not poison.

Also every single mage build besides Trag’Oul Blood Mage uses Singularity anyway so now you get to pick either archers or poison while still getting singularity.

3 Likes

Thanks, I understand that technically it is a net buff I just don’t understand the base logic. But this makes sense.

well, another base logic is that the shoulders are thematically based around spending generally more essence to enable you to get the toughness bonus.

You could otherwise barely spend enough resources with any other mages rune if you had lotd + devour active to trigger the effect. And ofcourse, the thing that the poison rune with the freshly buffed GS build is probably a go to.

1 Like

I’m wondering if these shoulders will make the Trag’oul mages actually viable?
I’m very much doubting so though, apart from just T16.

I don’t understand why they did not touch Trag’s set at all considering it is probably the weakest set tied with Rathma perhaps. Maybe blood CE will be decent with trags now but LoD for necro always seems to be the way to go.

Are you guys not excited about things like singularity skeletal archers for example?

1 Like

ya I really like trag because of how the 4pc changes the way you play. Needs buffs for sure.

After trying the farming MOBC build I hopped on a LOD Skeletal Archer build today and was number 12 on the HC ladder after a couple hours…

:skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like