Why is my WW barb so slow?

I follow the build recommendations as closely as I can and have have great gear (some primal) and paragon level is 1392. I recently changes my weapon set from the bulkos set to slanderer and little rogue and immediately noticed the difference and soloed a 100 GR rift (personal best). The need to take damage to generate fury to start a rif is awkward but I guess I will get used to it. However, the biggest concern is my barb moves in pretty much slow motion compared to the way it moved before. Of course I have maxed out movement speed and tried to roll more speed improving stats but no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I know it is difficult without looking at my entire build but hoping I might get some advice from some seasoned pros. Thanks!

The Bul-Kathos set gives +45% increased movement speed, so giving them up you sacrifice that extra boost.

1 Like

Yup, that’s it. Can’t believe I did not see that myself. That is a lot of speed to lose but my slanderer is primal and with the little rogue the power is like night and day. So I’m left with being pretty strong but extremely slow. Any other gear pieces I can look for to improve movement speed without sacrificing my weapons? Thanks for your time…

Keep in mind, movement speed caps at 25% from a combination of paragon and gear stats. Skills/bonuses on gear such as BK/shrines/pylons can increase it, but that’s it. So without changing your gear and skills - it is what it is. It’s worth noting that Istvans set is considered a pushing build, not a speed build - it’s not meant to be speedy. If you’re looking for speedy builds, there are other options - but there’s almost always a trade-off in terms of power vs speed.

2 Likes

OK, I guess I will just have to get used to the slower movement speed which is OK for solo rifts but I cannot begin to keep up with other players who run off and leave me in their dust during public GR’s. I don’t care how fast I finish as long as I finish before time runs out so I will just have to see if I can adjust my play style and be more effective. Thanks again for the info!