Why is it so hard to simply rebalance sets left behind with scaling?

It’s true that some players want specific class builds to be more powerful or even OP, but that is not an excuse to make only ONE build ridiculous OP being ahead of other class builds by 10-15 GR levels…
Just make at least ONE build of EACH class OP and to be in MAX 5-6 GR range of each other…
Like I said before 150 GR should be allowed to be SOLOed by even a 3000 paragon with any caldesans you want in 14 to 14 minutes and 55-58 seconds, by at least 2 or 3 classes and others should be able to SOLO max 144-145 with same paragon (3000) in 14 minutes at least.
Players who would be able to SOLO a 150 GR could do it faster if they had 5000-10000+ paragon ofc, while those who could SOLO max 144-145 with 3000 paragon might push for maybe 147-148 with maxed out items.
Even if there were players who could clear a 144 GR max and other classes would be able to SOLO a 150 GR in 8-10 minutes with same items or even maxed out caldesans and 8000-120000 paragon, it still would be much better than ONE OP build in game that is stronger than EVERY other class build…

Devs should focus on making MORE than just ONE OP build per class (at least 3 - 1 for each class) and make a class set that was one of the worst at least 6-5 GR behind the TOP OP builds able to clear 150 GR even in season.

It would still be better than having ONLY ONE OP build that leaves every other class builds far behind…

At least you would have a choice…

yeah mate, I do, every season. Repeatedly. I’m right up there near the top with a helluva lot less paragon than the rest. s19, rank 4 (119 clear with p1050); s20 rank 8 (119 clear with p1165) [HC, DH, PS4]. Even this season, with god build being 10 GRs higher (on average), I’m still rank 29 and I haven’t done a push in like 4 weeks and was 6 augments short on my last push and 200 paragons less than what I currently am now. It’s hard to motivate yourself when your build is crippled DPS wise…to give you an idea, some god players are doing a GR120 in 3 minutes…I did that in 14 mins with s6 impale. That just shows how BAD the balance is and the power differential.

BROKEN. Several top builds are doing mid 140s and weren’t even nerfed…again, no BALANCE. I have zero problems with doing a GR139 at 5k paragon (well, other than it rewards no lifer group players who bot and cheat and play 20+ hours per day, which is most certainly not a healthy lifestyle).

Pretty much.

Exactly.

Sucks to be you believing the lies that Blizzard has told you to save face.

They have been bad at balancing for a long, long while.

3 Likes

And what exactly did you expect Nevalistis to say? As the company’s link to the player base it was her job to make the excuses on their behalf.

I would point out that 4 or 5 patches ago every single set across the entire game was given a buff by simply increasing the damage multipliers.

Pestilence just got another one in the latest patch, although it confounds me as to why. What was the point of buffing a set to a point where it still under-performs in comparison to LoD and Carnival?

For that matter it is beyond idiotic to buff an old set - or complementing set item - at all, if the resulting buff can’t compete within 5 GR of a new set.
Yes, I’m looking at you, Holy Point Shot.

It’s equally pointless to release new sets, which was a heck of a lot more work, only to have 4 of the 7 perform at inferior levels than old sets.
PoJ < Sunwuko’s
H90S < Wastes
MotBC < LoD GS and LoD CE
Typhon’s < LoD Hydra and a crippled Vyr’s.

It is soooo ironic that after all the feedback on the PTR forum that LoD out-performs Typhon’s at the build it was specifically designed for.

At this point I’m pretty convinced that the devs DO NOT actually play the game. They have no idea what parity and balance looks like. It’s been that way for a long time.

3 Likes

if you think Dashing Strike set/build is only 5-15 gr’s behind Patters of Justice. . you’re confused. lmao

1 Like

OK so just want to ask the people who say this, if it was really as simple as taking a build and putting a higher multiplier on a skill/item then why wouldn’t they just do it? Wouldn’t they just load a character of certain paragon and gear (they have to be able to do this or change droprate/XP rate right?) and test it and say OK another 500% and lets see where it goes and increase/decrease.

If it was really that easy why wouldn’t it be done for a build or two each season?

It’s natural HC clears are low compared to softcore. Again, if you’re playing HC why someone risking their character to push towards GR140+ bothers you?

So being rank 29 bothered you or what? If it’s really 10GR higher then probably you were hardly affect from that.

That doesn’t give me an idea about augments you had, for instance. It’s only natural that a high upkeep Set, forcing player to press buttons on and on to keep defense and stacks perform better than a constant defense buff and damage output boosting Set with none to little interaction.
That’s called balance; GoD6 will never have the damage mitigation layers and eased tankiness of S6, while S6 will never have enough damage boost due not enough space to work with.

Maybe this is because they’re “top builds”. Is there a reason to think they all should get stuck at GR138 or a very similar GR despite their potential server performance issues and player effort or reflex checks?
If you honestly think LoD Bazooka shouldn’t be that high, maybe you should give it a try in GR150 4man push at PC? Considering the current seasonal buff appears all sorts of broken, allowing zDPS barbarians to score very high clears, I reckon you’ll have some more patience to wait dust to clear.

They eventually get nerfed after hype moments. I suggest you to wait patch v2.7.0 notes. If GoD6 is really a bad set and requires no effort or input like you insisted, then it will eventually get nerfed.

If Blizzard finally decides to balance D3 now at the end of it’s lifecycle, its better than nothing. With that in mind I might get D4 when it too will be dying out, maybe 10 years after its release.

Without balance/sense of justice, playing the game will put your brain in a low frequency, unless you play popular setups intended by Blizzard. Meaning no creativity.

1 Like

it doesn’t. If someone can get a GR140 HC good on them. Either your comprehension skills are poor, or you’re deliberately trying to not understand what I said.

Did you not read what I said? Top 10 both seasons 19 and 20. Very low paragon vs the no lifer groupers with p4500+ and massive bonuses from group play. If the god build didn’t exist, I’d be top 10 again. I’m losing GRs and rankings BECAUSE the game is unbalanced and the god build is at least 10 GRs higher dps wise, with equal or greater toughness than the s6 impale build.

That doesn’t gel with what other DHs are telling me - in fact, they’re telling me that god build has MORE toughness than impale s6.

that just proves that you don’t get it. There shouldn’t be ANY top builds. There should just be 8 or whatever builds (edit: per character class), all equal to within a GR of each other, with players being able to choose the play style that they prefer.

my reflexes are just fine thank you, well above the average persons.

that tells me that you are totally clueless mate. 99.99999999% of bazooka wizard players were CHEATS. CHEATS running scripts.

3 Likes

You’re the one who’s steering it to the power imbalances and I’m telling you it’s natural because there doesn’t need to be a balance at all. GR is just a yard scale for power, not every character have entitled to have power due performance or interaction requirement. You’re the one pulling it back to the power gap and like many times I told you that’s intended.

If it wasn’t then they might as well rebuild the game from scratch by making everyone deal and use same amount of damage and same attacks point animation frame.
Would that be nicer? I’m not really sure I’m getting you. There are more than one element on a potential damage output to calculate it but that doesn’t mean every potential build has to be same or very similar.

So that bothers you. Got it.

Let’s see… S6 usual build includes five different item based defensive buffs (set itself, aquila, elusive, aughild, dawn, endless walk) with two- three out of possibles require no interaction or input from the player.
Dependent on skills, Numbing Traps passive with FoK- Bladed Armor are powerful picks and to boost you can pick Leech passive. S6 gets constant effect damage boost without stacking or snowballing anything.

What GoD6 build have on terms of defense layers besides the usual 5 seconds Set buff that forces you to manage Hatred, Dawn cubed Vengeance and Smoke Screen for filler? Taeguk, Wraps of Clarity? If you think they’re unjustified, list them here.

Why do you think what you’re trying to convey makes any sense?

WHO says so? How do you think a yardscale would induce diversity otherwise?

Why you took it personal? It’s a very general take and use of term.

What about it? You can be a legit one. No one can force you to run a script, right?

Wait for v2.7.0 patch, we’ll see if it worths a nerf or not. Currently DH players having a small meltdown about GoD6 build too.

Maybe if they buffed some of the support items and the whole Rainment of a Thousands Storms set it would be close to 5-10 GRs behind the Justice set…

Just buff the set to:

(2) Set:
Your Spirit Generators have 25% increased attack speed and 600% increased damage. (up from 400%)
(4) Set:
Dashing Strike spends 25 Spirit (down from 75), but refunds a Charge when it does.
(6) Set:
Your Spirit Generators increase the weapon damage of Dashing Strike to 80,000% (up from 60000%) for 8 seconds (up from 6 seconds) and Dashing Strike increases the damage of your Spirit Generators by 12000% (up from 6000%) for 8 seconds (up from 6 seconds).

Change the legendary powers of some supporting weapons as well…

Crystal Fist:

Dashing Strike reduces your damage taken by 50-60% (up from 40-50%) for 8 seconds (up from 6 seconds) and increase it’s damage by 250-300%. (added increased damage to legendary power)

Fleshrake:

Dashing Strike increases the damage of Dashing Strike by 150-175% (up from 75-100%) for 2 seconds (up from 1 second), stacking up to 5 times.

Jawbreaker:

When Dashing Strike hits an enemy more than 15-20 (down from 30-35) yards away, its Charge cost is refunded and your movement speed is increased by 50% for 3 seconds. (added increased movement speed)

Band of the Rue Chambers:

Your Spirit Generators generate 75-100% (up from 40-50%) more Spirit and reduce your damage taken by 20-25% for 3 seconds. (added damage reduction)

Now I’m no expert with Monk class, but I think this changes would probably bring the set at least 10 GRs behind the Justice set or maybe even 5 GRs…

Of course that’s all speculations, don’t know if these changes would really make the Dashing Strike build max 5 GRs behind the Patterns of Justice set, but I bet it would make the build good enough to faceroll T16 Rifts or even maybe do GR 100-110 GRs (or even highier) much easier than right now…

and I, and many others, disagree with you.

Sure does, one build being 10 GRs more powerful than another, in a game that promotes advancement based on DPS, it’s a big issue. That’s like Usain Bolt getting a 50 metre head start on a 100m sprint…it ain’t fair competition.

no one uses that. Well, players who don’t know what they’re doing I guess. But they’re never gonna rank at the pointy end of the LBs are they :wink:

Myself and many others. If you have 20 builds all equally powered, that gives players 20 choices, and they can choose a build based on personal play style preference. If only a few of those builds are powerful, the the rest lag behind in terms of power (which ultimately dictates how high you can push), then if you want to rank, you’re forced to play one of those few builds, instead of 20 odd, thus reducing diversity in the game.

yeah, sure you can. And I’m flying to the moon tomorrow.

3 Likes

Somethings I seen from you I don’t agree on and that’s perfectly fine. I do agree that having more builds per class that can compete within a GR or so would be great and nothing bad at all. You want that #1 spot, you have a lot more people competing for it with different builds which makes it that more interesting and fun to not only play but to watch.

This is not different than sports. Who likes it when one team gets all the good players and wins year after year after year…no one except that teams fans. Versus having a lot of teams equally strong but then comes to experience, tactfulness, and not making mistakes. Then you get a very interesting and exciting season even if your team is or is not one of them (cough, like mine, cough).

That’s perfectly fine - I don’t expect everyone to agree with my POV.

Exactly.

Exactly. A point in example is the Mercedes AMG F1 team - most fans are unhappy and want the sport changed (i.e. fixed) to stop the monopoly.

Great analogy.

I was under the impression that the balancing of sets and items would be done over a few seasons, not all in one season.
That makes sense. Expecting everything to be right in one season in perfect balance with each other is neither logical or realistic because it never will be perfect, and there are 35 main green sets (7 classes x 5 sets) and a heck of a lot of items attached to each of those sets.

If this was April 2021 and there was no noticeable improvement I could understand the frustration , but the first season of balance has not even happened yet.

This has been my assumption as well. It think because according to Blizzard the balancing was stated to be done after all new sets were released, many propably got the impression it would be done in one single patch.

I just hope people don’t get too angry and/or disappointed if their favorite build(s) don’t get and adjustment in the upcoming patch yet.

1 Like

35 sets and three developers? They released three new sets in each season basically or two with changes to another. Based on prior history it will be at least 12 months before all are done. I’d estimate it will be balanced around the time D4 is fully functional, units for sale and fully online.

Having only three devs is a bit of an assumption but the point is still valid. It’s quite reasonable to assume there’ll be only a handful of sets and their supporting legendaries adjusted in every upcoming patch. Maybe some other legendaries also get buffed to make some new LoD builds viable.

I doubt it’s many to begin with. Excuse my disbelief.

Then problem is having a yard scale based on DPS as the only endgame model.

You only progress as developers let you to do so, when developers simply don’t let you climb up next set of stairs this would be locking faster paced combat content from the players to begin with.
Can you make all builds equal just by amping up numbers up and down by ignoring attack frames, backswings, channelling, potential synergies with gems and all that? Where’s diversity to begin with? Where’s the thrive of players reaching faster combat more they play?

When all builds become equal you simply halt their progress and reduce it down to a plvl grinding race and find the best primal to win, where only bots will prevail. This is only one of the shortcomings of your design. I’m sure you only jest and trying to be ironic and all or I tend to misunderstand because all you ever talk about was nonsense for me.

There are 200-300 variables in a well made ARPG where you can not balance anything as a whole team of developers, directors and designers (around 30-35 people). Let along one person screaming “make every number equal cuz competition” from backseats would be expected to understand design points a complex game could have.

Entirety of this discussion stems from you losing 20 ranks in PS4 LB for ONE season? That’s kinda selfish, you had no problems topping the leaderboards season19 and 20 why it’s an issue now? Why you started yelling about “balance” all of a sudden?

If there’s only one yardscale at the endgame and you get ditched because you’re playing an out of fashion build, then maybe it’s time for you to adapt to things instead of being stuck up to it? You don’t wanna change your build? Good.
You see, when you pull every build equal, the less upkeep builds will push forward regardless of people’s taste on the game. That’s not diversity at all either.

D3 is not a real competitive game to begin with. If it was really a competitive game such as Overwatch, you’d see hardware bans here and there against botters yet every sale they refresh and start anew.

You’re pitting yourself against artificial intelligence, you never have equal footing from other player (be it items, augments and plvl on top of different durable skills, upkeep and reflex checks to maintain) yet still might get overwhelmed by bad randomization. That doesn’t sound any similar to the real competitions out there where they reward money to the best challengers.

Competition is just a form of timesink in D3. You and a few dozen players just taking it way serious for your own sake and this all sounds like a joke at the times of emergencies we’re going through nowadays. Think about it, please.

Then all get based on paragon level to clear higher greater rifts and the build with less reflex checks will take the cake. Less upkeep build among 20 builds, will get hammered by players to reach the up top.
High GR tiers like GR140+ or GR150 supposed to be a challenge to reach, it won’t be a walk in the park. Entire thing being a yardscale, it will have its own dps-endurance-crowd control filter naturally but not all builds are entitled to have max stats in all three areas.

There’s a thing called diversity and there’s a reason why solo builds are divided by classes also. Want 20 odd builds? There are only 4-5 sets for each of seven classes to compete for leaderboards already that’s more or less 20 odd builds to push foward.
Their potential sub builds tend to create issues on server side so their power curbed down as long as they fail to deal damage in bursts. Low reflex check ones perform loosely and need more tweaks to their upkeep or paragon level to reduce any bad randomization.

That’s simply it; you can not demand all of them to perform equal by design. Class differences, server performance and their upkeep will prevent it from happening by terms of balance. Please note; when I say balance you only talk about power gap and nothing else just because you lost 20 ranks in only ONE season, I’m telling you that balance is measured by many aspects and features.

Wait for v2.7.0 then you may even overjoy by the fact that GoD6 getting a nerf. I wouldn’t count on every build getting equal tweaks or new items for old builds reflexive upkeeps. I hope I’m wrong.

So you admit that you’ll get tempted to cheat or something? Why you afraid of a small challenge if you think LoD bazooka is “unjustified”?
Why such bias with 99.999999999% being cheaters? Do you have statistics? Who told you that you can not be a legit 0.000000001% one?

I expected you to disagree with me on this aspect.

non-existent :wink:

No, you introduce diversity and give players choice, something with is nigh on non-existent now. And isn’t it currently a paragon and primal bot fest (on PC only I might add!).

The primary thing with D3 is damage. Toughness doesn’t get you through on that high level GR. Damage does.

Selfish? I want an equal footing for a bunch of builds, giving diversity and allowing players to rank on skill, not cos the top build for a character class does at least 10 GRs higher damage. Wanting the current system to continue is selfish.

So, experience in a GR and playing the game counts for nothing? Reflexes and character control counts for nothing? I mean earlier on, you were telling me bazooka wiz players deserved being able to push so high cos it was such a demanding build to play :wink: and those buggers were cheating.

That may be your view, but that’s not a view that I suspect many players share.

Agreed, no argument from me there. The god build may do it, cos it has exponentially more damage than any other DH build.

Yes, true. The current D3 system provides a huge advantage to those with large paragon points. That’s another aspect of imbalance in the game design and something else that needs to be overhauled. Most bot grinding isn’t for primals, it’s for paragon. Limit paragon or remove it from the game, and you’ll kill most of the desire for botting in the game. Yes, some will bot for mats for primal grinding, but a primal doesn’t give you the same advantage in game as mega paragon does.

and I disagree.

god build shouldn’t have EVER been OP to begin with. That is again, just terrible game and balancing design from Blizzard.

Not sure where you got that from.

Yeah sure. Let’s assume that 95 in 100 cheated with bazooka wiz. It’s still not balanced well, is it? When most group players played it to get mega paragon, it represents the majority of the player base, at least, the serious player base. It skewers the “top” even more than it currently is with the lack of diversity and build imbalances…

I’m happy to be wrong but I remember some posts where it said that there were three in the lead team only. As I said, I’m happy to be wrong, for everyone’s sake. :slight_smile: