Why I quit Season 21

This is the very first time I quit a season because of the theme. It has never been so hardly imposed on players before. You want double gobs, mats, free cube, default LoN, kill streaks? Use them. You don’t like them? Don’t use them.

This one is an entirely different animal. It even follows me in town if I’m not careful. And it is a weak theme, unless exploited. People are clearing 150 on Day 3 with 1500 paragons, combining theme stacks. Is this supposed to be the end game for 3 months?

Years ago, weather effects were introduced into the game. I cried in forums how this was a cheap blow, as it doesn’t add to the dark feeling and immersion, just makes it harder to see and hurts your eyes.

This theme now is way worse. All effects are bad, as they are accompanied by a darkening of the screen, mixed with bright flashes. The lightning-fire breath is the worst, though. It darkens the screen to set players up for three massive lightning bolts that fry the dilated pupils.

This is not cool, Blizzard. You are changing a fundamental characteristic of the game: the aggressiveness of its lighting. Please, stay true to the taste established in so many years of Diablo 3!

Yes, flashy flashy gets the kids addicted, but your games have never relied on that to get you hooked. If the player base is dropping, it’s because there is not enough new content, to name one reason. I’m glad the theme won’t stay as part of the core game at least. Still, it forces me to leave my D3 friends in season for 3 whole months. I’m playing a little solo HC, but it won’t keep me long. Soon, I’ll start looking for another game to bridge the gap until Season 22.

18 Likes

Hang in there. It looks like some changes may be on the way.

5 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. Making a video game more difficult by turning off the lights is annoying at best. I want to see the graphics, not have them hidden. At least give players the option to turn the, “special graphics” off.

I hope this is taken into consideration for Diablo 4. I wont purchase a game that makes you play in the dark, just to make it more difficult.

4 Likes

Any source on that?

We are pretty much stopping already because of the VERY annoying seasonal thing and the fact that we cant play AT ALL in peak times!!

All 4 people in the grp jump up to 1k+ ms as soon as we do anything about Gr 100…

1 Like
2 Likes

A quick click on the Blizz Tracker link at the top of the forum…

3 Likes

You’ve been having lag issues too? I’ve had some weird stuff (like it taking forever to load the inventory and stash). Not sure if it’s me, or the game. I’ve run speed tests while the bar was red, and the speed test comes back ok.

1 Like

This has been reported a lot. Potential fix…

let’s talk better, why you still play s21, although leaderboard etc. clearly shows that it is pointless without exploits.

1 Like

Yeah we just had to quit running 4m today. Every time we hit a blue or yellow the latency exploded for all four of us (Ruling out ISP and computer issues)

After years of non-season on & off playing, I told myself ‘‘why not do in D3 what I enjoy in other games’’
So I started a Monk to learn the class, season 21 seemed to me an opportunity, theme is fun so far, just too flashy & noisy but cool. Everyone start from scratch, some like competition other do things on their own pace, all of it is fine.
So here I am, I built a ZMonk and I enjoy the game play so much, the support role in D3 is so dynamic in comparison to Overwatch which is very casual or WoW which requires addons to do half the job (if not more… I don’t log in into a game to turn on addons wth is that?)

But here’s the problems, I had plenty of friends on my list at the beginning of the season, now it’s almost empty.
Some was tired of lags, bug and latency issues, others didn’t enjoy the season theme, and I’m forced to leave as well, I can’t play with a latency that unstable.

I’m not quitting D3, since I discovered the ZMonk I really want to stick on it until D4, the only annoying part is to spam damage from level 1 to GR-75 solo.
I’ll come back mid season or something like that, my big disappointment is toward the bugs & technical issues.
I was getting ready to climb the leader board, you can inspect my ZMonk I spent all the spare time I had on it.

Still cant get over it snowing in the Hell…

2 Likes

GG players cleared 150 in 3 days in every season. You take season theme away, they’ll still clear it in 3 days.

this is the first season i’ve had it crashing all the time. have only had 5 session, just barely getting into my paragon level and assembling set, but 3 times hard lock crash when going to re make the game to run same bounties. it has never once crashed like this in the prior seasons since i got the game in s16

got my season journey finished, already bored. Got my fix of D3 for s21 so I am probably done till next season xD

maybe if next season there is a better theme I’ll play longer

Personally, I like the new sounds with the seasonal theme. It kind of gives me the feeling of when I was playing D1 where things are scary.

Though, I do agree the fire/lighting/laser breath makes it difficult to see the environment and monsters.

But playing in the dark?

During the years I dont remember any previous season failing as much as season 21.

Hope a hotfix to be applied soon to save what is left of season 21 before it’s too late …

in the basement with cockroaches for the mood, etc.?

What. How can you enjoy a sound that’s cancelling all other Sound effects each 20 seconds.