Why has there been no official response?

Why haven’t we had any input from VV or Blizzard in regards to the disputes and player dissatisfaction around some of the core elements of this game?

Current disputes:

• FFA vs PLoot
  • Features removed from a “preserved” Diablo 2 (wsg/ebug)
  • Ladder items on Non-Ladder
  • TCP/IP being removed
  • Ultrawide support no longer supported

Where are the discussions with the community and the feedback taken prior to making rash decisions on core elements of what currently makes Diablo 2 “authentic”?

Clearly we have a very torn community on these decisions (maybe not the last two points) but at this point we need some intervention by officials on these elements of the game and what direction will be taken in regards to them.

You are changing things a month before the game is set to be released and have only made internal decisions without any input of the community as a whole. To dedicated Diablo 2 players as well as new and returning Diablo 2 players.

We need a response.

EDIT: Title of this post was edited? And “Blizzard” removed. Within the context of this post. “Blizzard” in the title is very relevant.

22 Likes

There have been numerous polls and surveys with thousands of participants and adding Ladder items to non-ladder seems to be a top request in all of them, iirc.
Trust me, most players are very happy with that decision.

the removal of TCP/IP is a sham though. Modding is what helped keeping the game alive for years and how are you supposed to implement mods with a charm inventory when there are no mods?

11 Likes

i don’t saw those polls anywhere and i don’t voted for them, so no, not all players are happy with that decision.
they destroyed the economy in just one hit.

You will not realize in the first seasson, but after that you and all will regret it, you need to live it to understand and believe me, you will understand in 3 months maybe 2.

don’t cry later when you have 0 incentive to continue farming etc…

they killed the game with that decision and people will realize it very soon.

7 Likes

IF they change Looting system or Pvp system, this isn’t a Remaster and this isn’t Diablo 2…

It’s Diablo 3.5 for all the bored Diablo 3 people.

18 Likes

We need official polls, not one on obscure websites or websites that people don’t visit.

5 Likes

no we dont, i bet even half of the people would even touch the pool, and again as said 1000 times before, this is a remastered.

1 Like

i bet even half of the people would even touch the pool

Nice statistics. Where’d you get your informa… Oh that’s right, that’s your opinion, just like the rest of the comments on these boards. We need official responses. None of us here make decisions.

1 Like

well… i said I BET xD maybe read first? rofl. GG man g…g :wink:

3 Likes

I’m sure they are just focused on a stable build for now, and after release making FFA and all the QoL things D2 needs to be top tier as of today standards

Yeah it’s no joke. I’m actually kind of pissed off as a consumer for once, that they aren’t letting us know if something as detrimental as WSG is going to be implemented back into the game.

I don’t care about about UI changes and what my Amazon’s face looks like or any other QoL, but I REALLY care about core game mechanics because I pre-purchased something that was commercialized as a “Diablo 2 Remaster” after hearing devs in game trailers saying “It’s the same Diablo 2 with new graphics”.

As a consumer, I want to hear an official statement about what I’ve purchased and the direction it is taking concerning the mechanical game play dynamic.

6 Likes

this game have 20++ years because don’t have those standards.

Nah that’s not the reason why D2 is still going +20 years after release

2 Likes

sorry but i think you are so confused that you hit yourself there… you basicaly said the same as me…

1 Like

they may make features for the game similar to the wsg and ebug but those were not features they were mistakes, yes they left them in the game but they were not designed to be in the game.

TCP/IP

over all though yeah it would be nice to have more active communication from blizzard (vv being part of blizzard)

Well as I understand you said the game was “successfull” 20 years after release because it didn’t have the QoL standards of today’s games. But that’s not the reason why.

1 Like

not only QoL, personal loot and all those garbage chances blizzard did to D2R.

however there was some QoL necesary like cow change, and a few more, but QoL are not core changes, are QoL.

ladder items to non ladder or personal loot aren’t QoL for example

True these aren’t really QoL for sure. However they would be good for the game if implemented as options IMO. The basic thing is when a gameplay mechanic becomes tedious it might need a lift.

Might I add, I’m not 100% in on Ploot either but FFA brings a whole lot of problems (mainly bot looting).

IMO this “remaster” or remake really is all about console so I guess there won’t be to much botting there or cheating …

So amusing seeing people complaining about “mistakes” in the game that need to be preserved. Things that were never meant to be there but still “exist” as if they should stay there, cause they have always been there! Lets keep these bugs in the game because that’s the way it was left, so don’t touch it! Don’t you dare touch those bugs! Wait here’s my foot. Squash. Bye bye, not bugs anymore, not meant to even be there anyways!

In the case of WSG, it really is a Smash Melee type situation, where the unintended feature ended up making the game’s pvp dynamic way better than it is without it.

2 Likes

Because it isn’t a smart business practice to hold seminars and feelings discussions about what we do and don’t like and they see how people react when the people try to debate it amongst themselves on these forums.

Furthermore, until something is concrete, it is never smart to play your hand before it is ready and giving people false hope about their concerns usually ends up going down in flames if they for some reason can’t meet the expectations.

1 Like