Why GR has max floors?

Why on earth is there maximum floors when playing Greater Rift? Just why? I dont understand it why on earth someone would design retarded invoker set and put maximum rift floors. Just cant understand it. Why there are 7 floors once, 8 another time, why there are short levels with 1 elite?

4 Likes

Its a Diablo mechanic. Same as randomly generated maps/dungeons in Diablo 1 & 2/LoD. Sometimes you get a great dungeon with 12 elite packs. Sometimes you get a garbage GR. Same with the RNG loot.

TL;DR: Its a core Diablo gameplay mechanic.
(Do you really want the same boring GR/dungeon over and over?!?)

1 Like

Then why they design elite killers and do not provide enough elites? I understand that its RNG generating map, but wtf it has only 7 levels?

3 Likes

The better question is why are we doing so much damage that we can clear GR 150?

#reversethepowercreep

5 Likes

Currently it’s due to the maximum value of the data type used to hold the integer value of a GR guardian’s health. The HP of a mob’s health increases by 17% per GR level. This means at around GR157 / GR158, the value of a Guardian’s HP would exceed the data type intended to hold the value and you’d get an overflow.

2 Likes

If it’s true wouldn’t it be better to increase mob’s health just by 8 or even 4% instead of 17%. Wouldn’t this change allow to complete highier than 157/158 GRs?

2 Likes

guys i am not talking about max 150 gr level, but about dungeon floors when doing single rift. I interpreted it in a wrong way.

1 Like

So you want more than 4-7 floors per Greater Rift? Like 10+ or even more? Why?

Yes that might be bad design but if you need more then 7-8 lvl the clears a grift you likely wont make the timer anyways.

1 Like

If your reaching the bottom floor you have played that GR wrong

5 Likes

How bad could i play when i killed all elites on every floor, skipping 4 and 5 packs like every invoker player do and running at the end with a good time to finish the rift???

1 Like

I would rather have max 2 floors with highier mob density and increased elites count…

4 Likes

So an elite hunter build is playing wrong if a grift runs out of elites to kill before the rift guardian spawns?

4 Likes

Its just part of the mechanic of playing the build. You need to kill some trash too. All builds have a weakness. I would like perfect trash and a lot of it with perfect pylon placement every time. Is this bad design or just part of the game?

4 Likes

maybe you might have to kill some of that trash

2 Likes

Every single GR has more than enough mobs inside it to give 100% completion. If people play builds that choose to ignore the majority of the mobs in it, that’s not a fault of the GR design.

10 Likes

Yes as you need to kill some amount of trash too. Not just the yellow and blues

1 Like

Have you ever played crusader invoker? It is impossible to get any progress by killing trash.

3 Likes

Yep…
http://ximg.co.uk/images/2019/09/04/d3_do_you_even_invoker.jpg

8 Likes

Lol ReKT. Well done Meteorblade

3 Likes