Why do people use Orb of Infinite Depth in Hydra Wizard?

Hello all.

When i checked the leaderboards for the Typhon’s Veil set, i saw that most of the players use Orb of Infinite Depth instead of Winter Flurry. They use Explosive Blast skill with Chain Explosions rune instead of Blizzard.

Why though? Is it really better than using Bliizard + Winter Flurry? What is the reasoning behind this choice? Thanks.

Mostly for the defense it gives in higher GR’s.
The bonus damage from it is not much lower compared to Winter Flurry.

1 Like

Orb of Infinite Depth gives ~15-20kkk toughness at 1500-2000 paragon. Invulnerability in GR 150.

Typhon and Firebird with the Orb are one of the most beginner friendly builds in the game, for those who want seasonal 150 solo record without much effort.

Also, it’s possible to play Delsere Twister + Orb ( instead of Etched Sigil ), but it’s more difficult because Empowered shrine has been removed from Altar’s potion buff and this had a negative impact on the build.

2 Likes

I haven’t tried it yet, so, grain of salt and all, but it looks like the Orb of Infinite Depth can actually have higher average damage output than Winter Flurry.

Getting a toughness boost from your offhand weapon means you may be able to forego Halo of Karini and Storm Armor. That lets you use different rings, so you can swap in Stone of Jordan if you want to keep Convention of Elements, or use a Focus&Restraint set. Then with your extra skill slot you can squeeze out a little something-something. If you didn’t already have Black Hole, you get Black Hole. Alternately, Energy Armor with the critical hit chance bonus rune, Sparkflint Familiar, I dunno, just spitballing.

The build becomes too squishy without Halo, Squirt’s Necklace buff is unstable, and it’s also harder to get a good position when activating Ring of Fire.

Yeah when you’re sub 3k paragon 80% DR definitely >>> 84ish% damage increase and arguably a lot less damage increase if you factor in dropping Squirts w/o it.

Orb of Infinite Depth is probably the most useful, and at the same time the most broken item in the game, at least for wizard. It works fine with all wizard sets & LoD except Tal Rasha ( actually can work ) and Arcane Orb builds. Just cleared 150 solo Typhon SSF hardcore at 1300 paragon…100% safe, ridiculously tanky.

but also ruins the game because aint nobody want to listen to that 24/7

top 5 worst audio effects easily.