Why do community members derail threads?

She is not invited unless she brings the pot roast .

1 Like

My wife brought home my favorite store bought sandwich (deli made). I have tried to create it at home but I cannot find what they put into it that makes it soo good. I’m eating on it as I type. yum.

What kind of sammich? Bet we can figure it out.

I love me some good black forest ham/hickory smoked turkey deli sammiches with swiss and the fixins.

Ohhh hunger pains.

Could someone please bring the wine coolers? :wine_glass: :wine_glass: :wine_glass: :wine_glass:

Hard to beat a good old Naw’leans mufalleta. If you never had one, Google it. Gotta love olives, however…

Food makes everything better. This thread is proof of that. :rofl:

2 Likes

I love the Diablo community, for the most part.

That is for winter. I make darn good pulled pork in summer served with corn on the cob, slaw, etc. Summer BBQ meals rock. I want a fresh pie so badly right now… Argh.

This is a good thing!

Those still exist??? I thought people just had normal wine or beer…or some sort of new fangled White Claw stuff.

3 Likes

French bread roll, 5 random deli meats (I assume whatever is near expire date) Cheese and lettuce. It comes with packet mayo and packet mustard. i’ve used the packets on home made sandwiches and it’s not the same. it must be the bread.

Okay you are invited.

Us old people still drink them, not sure what the kids are into now.

Well, a good bread is the start of any great sandwich… A good baguette always goes good with anything.

I don’t do pies but I’ll bring the blackberry cobbler. Or peach, if you prefer.

Yep, bread really is key to a good sandwich. Wrong type with the wrong fillings just changes things.

Darn it all. Now I am hungry.

Dinner tonight will be sauteed green peppers, onions, and Itallian sausage that I shall turn into a tomato based pasta sauce. Will kick it up a bit with some hot peppers in sauce and top with fresh grated parm and fresh basil.

2 Likes

I think they cheat. I suspect they are using something to an savory ( Umami) to the sandwich.

Yes. All of them. I have not had a pie since my elderly neighbor (now in a home) made me one for my Bday last year.

Maybe my next store trip I will do something about it. Even a frozen one I can bake would be a nice change.

What kind of deli is it coming from? Does it have a bit of a ‘kick’ to it? Maybe some Sciracha mayo? Dijon mustard?

Large chain grocery story.

[edit: “Hollen’s” band mayo and mustard]

Wouldn’t happen to be a Wegman’s, would it? That place is like an amusement park for me.

Not Wegman’s

Hint: the very first store was (is still there) in the capital city of the state that I’m currently in.