Why Can't I Post On The General Forums?

I just went through a rigamarole to get my newest Bizzard account authenticated (had to sort out some issues with phone number being attached to an old account I no longer use) and then I go to the General D3 forum and I still cant post.

What’s the issue?

If you have a PC license, it could be because of your Forum Trust level, which you can read more about in this stickied thread…

If you have a console license, it’s because console players are restricted to just some of the forums (which doesn’t include General Discussion).

1 Like

Ok, thanks. Sounds like I just need to increase my trust level.

One thing I’m confused about is how do I get to Trust level 1 if i have to post 5 topics, but i can’t post any at all?

1 Like

You’re currently at Trust Level 1, which is enough to post on any of the forums.

However, I cannot find your Profile on any of the Regions. So, you’re either playing on console, which Meteorblade has already explained has limited access to the forums, or you’re playing D3 on a PC with a different Account that you’re currently signed in with.

If you’re playing on console, you can only post on certain forums. If you’re playing on a PC, try signing in here with the Account information you use to play D3.

I’m on a PC, I don’t own any consoles. And I’m logged into the correct account. I had to log into the old account to remove my phone number and add it to this account, so perhaps it just needs time to reset and settle?

1 Like

That sounds feasible. These changes can take up to 72 hours (3 days) to activate in some cases. But, it could take longer. When you sign in to the D3 Forums, check your Armory Profile on the correct Region. When you see your Character(s) listed you should be able to post on any of the forums.

1 Like

What is Armory Profile and how do I find it?

When you click a poster’s name on the forums (assuming they didn’t hide their profile) you get two options…

1. View Activity - which will show the posts they’ve made
  2. View Profile - which takes you to their Armoury page, which shows their heroes

As an example…
https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/Meteorblade-2266/hero/80892263

Click a persons avatar picture. A tab appears where you can check their profiles and inspect their build and gear. Try it on my picture.

Meteor beat me to it by 15 seconds. :upside_down_face:

so, when i first click on View Profile, i get this msg;

Profile Unavailable

This profile could not be displayed, possibly for one of the following reasons:

• This account has been inactive for an extended period of time, and cannot be displayed. To be displayed again, the inactive account must first log in to Diablo III.
  • A profile for this account does not exist in this region. If this account has characters in a different server region, a profile may be available at one of the links below:

And then I can select Profile from a drop down menu under my name and it then loads a page with all my characters, but I still can’t post in General.

Give it a day or so.

It’s weird i have the same problem but yet all I reply to is this exact forum post …. Anything else I don’t have the “reply” button with the arrow … why??

Did you read the posts above yours? What are your answers to all the questions that were asked?

I don’t feel like asking them all over again, and your post provides no information whatsoever.

You might answer your own question as to why you can not post, if you answer the questions asked up above.

Yes I have read the post above and I didn’t solve the problem after I asked it.
I understand as a console player I’m restricted to certain forums, but I should be able to post the character specific forums.
I just went through about a hour ago of the three let Authenticator process and that’s all good to go. Maybe I have to wait several days I don’t know.

I am sorry, but most of these forums, including the character specific ones, are restricted to a PC license on the Bnet account.

I think you are limited to Console, Tech Support (although Blizz does not do console tech support), and New Player.

1 Like

Then what’s the point in joint a forum for a game that’s cross platform, and trying to find people to play with when I can’t even post in the correct sub forum. If I post on what little few forums I’m able to post on they will be flagged for wrong spot… there’s no point then

If you want to find other Console players, post in the Console forum. Else, post on the forums for the console maker.

Blizzard limits posting for almost every forum by game license to prevent spam/advertising. Even the free games require a certain amount of progress in game to post.

It keeps out the bots mostly - but also trolls who don’t even play the game. It means at least the people replying have the game version teh forum is for.

I hope with the recent moves to have a lot more cross progress and even cross play, in some games, that Blizz will rethink the forum structure and permissions.