Why Bane trapped over taeguk?

anyone know why its a common to pick trapped over taeguk in twister builds? taeguk seems to be better on paper. what am i missing?

I don’t play twister wizzard myself so I’m not that sure about skill cycling and such but if you have to often stop channeling for more than 1.5 seconds, you’re then constantly dropping the Taeguk stacks. It takes a moment to build them back up and that’s not exactly efficient.

Taeguk is also additive damage whereas Trapped is multiplicative.

Yep. Taeguk is additive with Energy Twister % on gear and with Magic Weapon, among other things.

Also worth noting that the armor bonus from Taeguk is additive with the 250% armor from Stone Gauntlets, which makes the armor boost from Taeguk become only a very small toughness boost if you use those gloves.

In a build without Stone Gauntlets, you could argue that Taeguk is worth it, even with the potential downtime, simply for the increased toughness. But with Stone Gauntlets in the mix, the toughness boost from the Taeguk armor bonus isn’t worth as much, so it makes Taeguk even less compelling.

2 Likes

did not know this… now it sux

I wasn’t aware about that either until only some time ago. It’s sometimes annoying when it isn’t obvious which modifiers are multiplicative and which are additive until it get’s tested by someone.

Taeguk falls into the DIBS category, meaning it’s added together with skill% and similar modifiers, as already mentioned.