Why aren't D:I players running dungeons?

It’s probably because:

1. You are NOT a whale, and the people who are enjoying end game progression are whales, so their paragon level is so much higher that you’ll never be grouped together.

2. You ARE a whale, and you have outpaced everyone else, and there aren’t enough big spenders out there to keep queue times down.

3. You are somewhere in between and everyone else is either too far ahead or too far behind.

4. Or; The playerbase has has shrunk so substantially that the game is already dying.

I’m on hell 1. That’s probably 50% of the problem. I think most my server is on Hell 2, but I’m not getting enough upgrades for my CR. Also I kind of got screwed not understanding that Challenge rift level affects drop level in normal rifts. I figured that out after I should have leveled out of Hell 1 and I was getting lots of legendary drops there. Challenge rifts just seemed like really slow progress so I wasn’t focused on them. ANd for some reason, right now, I’m not getting very many legendary drops and I desperately need stronger gear.

I’m not farming enough to cap every day. Probably because I’m so casual. I would figure though, with how popular the game is that if people were even casually hitting dungeons like me that they’d be queueing enough for me to find parties. That’s generally how being a filthy casual in other games has gone down for me.

Though I’m confused as to why they have to split the player base so much between difficulty tiers, it just ruins partying. They could dynamically scale individual players incoming damage and outgoing damage based on their difficulty and gear to match what the monster is on the difficulty they play on and display the stats for the monster accordingly. I.e. the monster has x health, but it shows w, y and z health depending on difficulty. Damage done to monster on the backend = player’s damage * x / difficulty health pool. But it still shows the player as doing their full number on the client. They don’t have to stratify the player base.

1 Like

nobody is actually playing anymore. it’s dead and what’s left are just spooning mob spawns.

To answer your primary question: the drop rates make them not rewarding. Because the drop rate is so low and the item variance so high, groups speed run to the boss (esp. Hell 2+).

By not killing the monsters along the way they’ve nullified most of the party advantages. It’s seen as a beneficial trade off considering those set items can’t be gotten any other way.

Basically people have decided to farm dungeons for sets and over world for everything else.

What? you mean there are still D:I players

Those sound really scary. I don’t think they were in the game before.

Games dead, my friends have all quit, no end game, everything capped, forget pvp unless you swipe that card hard, no crafting, thin content and no real story. Its trash. Unstall

if people wanted to play an endless dungeon crawler that expects you to keep paying money we would go back to the arcade

3 Likes

Bhahahaha exactly, double dragon or Rygar anyone? Gauntlet ate all of my bottle return savings lol

Unfair comparsion, arcade games can be 1CC’d (or in the case of Gauntlet, you can reach your score goal on one coin if you’re good enough).

1 Like

Gee who will the whales and credit card losers feed on if most the free2lose players quit because the game sucks???:thinking:

Having to keep paying to play arcade games sucked and I believe is partly the reason why game consoles were so successful. Not only are giant corporations trying to go back to that, it’s a million times worse and more predatory and evil than it ever was in the arcades.

Whales are gonna whale, but everyone else really needs to just not play these games. At all.

My mame emulator is pretty fun though :slightly_smiling_face:

Or maybe they just need to release the next Diablo game or beta.

What?! :scream_cat:
Ugh. D:I Just got worse on a whole new level.
I sure hope that kind of thing doesn’t get anywhere near Diablo 4. Otherwise, please just cancel the game today.

It’s so funny and i’m having a blast on this game (not D;I).

Yep, item drop for example at P50 has higher affixes than the same item dropped at P30.

For the cost of a Nintendo and game cartridge you could have played the vastly superior arcade game about 900 times.

With a much less epic achievement. I had the game at home with gun and pedal (which i worked hard and payed for myself btw). Still came top 10 in arcade so epic.

Not always vastly superior, depends on the game. I’ll take the famicom version of Castlevania over Vampire Killer for arcades anyday, thanks.

But no console port of Outrun ever was able to beat the arcades.

So it depends on the game.

That’s incorrect. Their paragon Level is just as low/high as F2P players (mine as F2P is usually 2-3 higher than Server PL).
It’s their CR (combat rating) for the given PL (Paragon Level) that is higher/much higher than the rest of non-paying players.

If their combat rating (and power in general) is higher, doesn’t that allow them to farm faster and thus also get higher Paragon level?