Why am I so squishy?

I’ve been doing the Inarius Generator build from Icy Veins which is supposed to be “top tier”. I finally got the last big defensive piece of the puzzle today, but even at about GR60 I’m dying in 3-4 hits from random ranged mobs. Now I realize that my paragon level is kinda low, and my gear itemization isn’t perfect, but it seems like in other seasons when I hit this point I can steamroll GR70-80. Am I missing something, or is this build just a sad little glass cannon?

i thought for GS build, LOD is the top tier for Necro and coming close is CE LOD build?

set item days are over. lol

Couple of things can help.

1. Use Rubies instead of Topaz.
  2. Use Ancient Pathan Defender Bracers instead of Lacuni Prowlers.

You could do with more attack speed on gear, as life per hit is what really keeps this build alive at high tiers, but gearing up towards more survival as oppose to damage should get you higher. I only really noticed need for better dps stats on my gear after GR 105, when elites and rgs take a bit longer to kill.

1 Like

Your missing Krysbin’s Sentence

1 Like

@NatureBoy : I meant “a top tier build” and not the #1. Yeah, LOD has like 6 of the strongest Necro builds this season.

@MOE : Those things might help a little bit, but recovering HP isn’t the issue so much as getting hit by 4 trash mobs in quick succession and dying.

@lumdaen : Yeah, I’m still missing KS…although I’m considering leaving it out at least for now to keep Endless Walk. Since I never liked CoE gimmick, that seems appealing. I’m missing a couple other minor pieces, too…but I have all the core defensive pieces (just got Razeth’s Volition yesterday).

So from these responses I’m taking it that the squishiness is just a feature of the build and/or lots of paragon is needed.

Depending on your progress, you could spend blood shards on a crusader or barbarian to get the stone gauntlets. They will boost your armor significantly. Cube them. It costs you your pants bonus but you wont do damage when you are dead, right?

Also you might want to switch the “eternal torment” talent for something else like dark reaping.

KS is not a defensive piece, although since dead mobs can’t kill you it’s still a valid observation.

To the OP - why bone spear? Maybe corpse lance or decripfy/wither for more damage reduction.

Mages seems like a weird choice, too. The build is just a bit wonky. Perhaps swap out those shoulders and use golem and the pants that decrease your damage taken while golem is active.

Also, using stand alone passive when you have mages and skeletons isn’t doing a lot for you.

Edit: Completely glossed over the fact the the OP is using that poison weapon in the cube. Thank you to Zasz!

1 Like

It doesnt require corpses, adds a stack through the cubed weapon and when spammend grants damage reduction through the shoulders.

Also triggers the cubed weapon and at close range benefits from the set bonus and triggers the shoulders.

I suggest to drop the skelettons, use the golem with the poison rune instead. At most you lose 20% armor from your armor talent and still get stacks through the cubed weapon.

2 Likes

Good points. He does have a lot of room for improvement on the defensive side - so that’s good news for the OP.

:+1:

A Wisdom of Kalan would help immensely.

Bone Armor with Inarius gives 60% damage reduction. Wisdom of Kalan boosts that to 90%. That means that Wisdom of Kalan gives you 4x more toughness. That’s HUGE. In an Inarius build, Wisdom of Kalan is effectively an item that grants 75% DR. It’s like a Band of Might or a Karini.

I’d drop Endless Walk and run Wisdom of Kalan + Krysbin’s instead. That change would give you both more damage AND more toughness. It’s a win-win.

2 Likes

Use Unity if you play alone.

2 Likes