Why 10 days before next season?

Let’s just go live right now, cmon.

6 Likes

Because if they don’t interfere with the roll out of the new expansions of their other games it would make too much sense.

3 Likes

Previously when the season started the first Friday after patching the leftover issues have bitten Blizzard’s rear end too many times. They want to ensure these issues get squished one way or another before the season starts.

The official stance is that there will at least one week after patch deployment for this purpose.

4 Likes

because, reasons…

2 Likes

No Seasons but patch are now live. So some Time to try IT.

2 Likes

e.g. this:

Patch may bring new issues that can’t be foreseen. So, dev has to leave some room for fix accident.

3 Likes

Remember in Diablo 2 when new seasons started instantaneously after the previous one ended?

so it gives us time to get the new version of turb…
I mean, to allow us all time to clear out our stashes of accumulated junk, have a look at the characters we will never play in all their glory in the forgotten land of ‘non season’ and relax for a bit.

1 Like

except when they overlook a bug that lasts half a season
Then explain what can’t be fixed as ‘working as intended’
but otherwise I get what you mean

Because…

6 Likes

Here’s the sort of reason why you have a longer gap between patching live and the next season starting…

Game is crashing when players are entering the map where you’d go to see Belial. As the season journey contains tasks that rely on killing bosses, this fault would render the journey non-completable. Let’s hope they patch it before S22 starts.

2 Likes

10 days doesn’t look that big of a deal. You can take the time in between s21 and s22 to experiment and practice with some of the new builds and be more prepared for what to pick in the next season. I am practicing the bombardment crusader and it looks really fun.

Guessing they have one guy developing the patch. Dude needs to patch it on the consoles too. That’s a lot of busy work.

1 Like

It is also nice to just have a break between seasons.

2 Likes

may be to check that the monk is not OP

They want to ensure no bugs slipped through the cracks of the new patch. I think some of you should educate on game design and coding, and use past experiences of horrible launch content to understand why a developer would wait.

When you start to think of reasons why, it often times gives you the reasons why.

Crazy concept.

it still happend like that, reset every 6 months

You seem really angry, it doesn’t take 2 weeks to fix most bugs, nor will you find them all in 2 weeks, maybe you should take your own advice and educate yourself first.

LMFAO, you must be new to D3 and seem to not know how many employees they currently have, or the issues of past seasons.

No reason to be a troll, just start paying attention to regulars, and not 1 post users.