Who's phone model isn't supported?

Say Waaahh!?! :dizzy_face:

I didn’t get that far! (Nothing downloaded)

You in AU? I Heard the alpha is running in AU only.

You can probably disregard the multi-instances thing then. You’ll have no need for it unless you decide to get into another mobile game and want look at both simultaneously.

But the controllers for DI on a PC/laptop will be clunky I’d imagine. There’s two things we’ll need to work around:

1. the 5 skill buttons on the lower right of the screen… this can be mapped to keyboard (they map a section of the window to the keyboard so that hitting a key simulates touching that part of the window/screen). This will work well but:

2. the virtual D pad in the lower left of the screen… usually the mouse will be used and you just click on the part of the virtual d pad you would otherwise press on the phone. This will be gumby I’d imagine but will give it a try none the less if mapping my controller doesn’t work out.

But yeah, ideally, if they ported this thing to PC so we can use the mouse to click where we want to move/attack, and provide cross platform integration so that when we stop playing on the PC, we can just pick up from where we left off on the phone, that would open up the game to a bigger player base and would be a really convenient way of gaming. It one reason I play Guns of Glory and MK Mobile more these days… I can play on my PC and pick where I left off on my mobile when I need to head out. This doesn’t drain my mobile’s battery.

Yep, in AU. They had me all excited.

EDIT: Bit of an update… I read about the ‘repair install’ thing people are using to get their games running so I tried it on my phone. After the reinstall, the game now loads!

As for porting this to PC emulator… I don’t think it’ll be easy. The left hand side virtual thumbstick will be ok. The hybrid button/virtual thumbstick controls for the right hand isn’t going to work well on kb/mouse or controller.

Woohoo! Time to game on.

I managed to get the game to work after forcing a ‘repair install’ before the ‘Your device isn’t supported’ message popped up.

So now after playing it, I actually have some concerns about how DI would be emulated.

You see, the left virtual d pad now seems like it will be the lesser issue of the two controls to emulate.

The 5 attack buttons on the right hand side, depending on the skill, upon pressing and holding a button, the button turns into a mini d pad so that you can aim the skill whilst moving in other directions still. It’s a core design for DH skills like the knockback shot or multishot where you can be walking away and firing towards your enemies.

The game would require a PC port IMHO… this way, it could support a dual thumb stick controller for aiming and movement to be in separate directions. We’d need to adopt an attack button and a cycle through attacks system that’s typical of top down dual stick shooters/hack n slash games on consoles. In honesty, I hope they do the port to PC and consoles… would be worthwhile and increases the player base.

A Windows 10 port with touch screen controls would be nice as a starting point TBH. I hated how Windows Phone was hardly supported and Win10 tablets don’t get a lot of stuff iPhones and Android gets.

On my mid range Oppo Reno2 Z, the game does seem to heat up the screen after about 30min of play. I’m guessing they’re still optimising the mid range phones to not kill the battery so soon… thus why I got the 'Your device ins’t supported message.

It sounded like Blizzard considered adding controller support for the mobile platforms. I assume if they add it, it would be much easier to emulate it on PC too.

I think this is how they should expand to other platforms:

1. Nintendo Switch (another mobile platform)
  2. ,consoles (default input is a controller)
  3. Mac (M chip?)
  4. PC

Yes, this would really help bridge the gap to make it easier for emulators to support the game. Would also help with the complaints some youtubers have made that playing the game for extended periods of time on the phone can be painful.

So… no flip phones?

1 Like

Mi A3 here. I can run Pasca’s Wager at full but not D:I. I really do hope the final version will support more.

Get an iPad.
iPad is da wae.

A Xiaomi note 7 or almost all models Xiaomi models?! I guess they are all already suppported,right?!:slight_smile:

Mine won’t load the app.

2 Likes

Sound doesn’t match to the phone on the picture.
this is right

1 Like

Our phones are like the bottom of the min specs. We already discussed upgrading when DI releases. We are a good 4 gens behind.

Thank you. I appreciate that.

1 Like

Coincidently I bought a new phone a few days ago. So should be able to play D:I.
Wanting to play D:I is a quite different topic however.

2 Likes

It wont load on my Jitterbug flip phone.
Another ptw phone game I cant play on the toilet.

2 Likes