Who is the talking wolf?

But that is what we do for fun. Some people were very adamite that the bald guy in the first cinematic was Rhatma, boy were they wrong. Others believe that Lilith is a good Mother who just wants to save her offspring but the last cinematic said if we do not stop her “she will destroy us all.” Speed racers do not care about the lore so they do not join in on these conversations. Others just like to speculate it’s all in good fun.

1 Like

Well, in the book of Adria, the ritual that is on the wolf’s head is Mephisto’s. Makes sense, he’s the master schemer, probably still pissed off at his daughter.

It certainly bear some resemblance to a certain demon lord’s symbol that Adria drew out.

I’d laugh if that were to be the case.

Since the demons are able to revive without limit or fail, it’s no surprise if the cast is the same. It’d been another thing if Malthael had never destroyed the black soulstone, and hence the great evils remained trap within it. But since he did, it allowed for the great evils to free themselves, and eventually revive, hence why we’ll see Andariel and Duriel (and who knows who else).

It never made sense imo that Rathma would’ve been the one to bring Lilith into Sanctuary. With the world so messed up, why bring back someone, who’s going to mess it up even more? Lilith would never do anything to uphold the balance.

The villagers of Nevesk definitely paints an image of what would happen if Lilith had her way.

Too bad he rescues you and says he helps you because you’re hunting Lilith way before you were hunting Lilith. Or does he help everyone who’s horse dies in the hope they’ll go after her. I find this to be a plot hole. Had he rescued you after you ate the petals, then I’d see his point.

Truth be told, I think he’s lying when he said that he helped us survive the cold, and instead our characters surived without any assistance. In fact, I think it’s a parallel to the Sin Wars, where Diablo claimed that he’s helping Uldyssian avoid Inarius and avoid drowning, when it turned out that Uldyssian’s own strength was what allowed him to survived and Diablo was merely trying to use Uldyssian in order to enslave him.

I think the bloodied wolf is doing something similar.

At this point, my question is when, how, and why do we have this connection with this bloodied wolf.

Yes. We have the same theory. Hence I posted earlier it might be Diablo or Mephisto. Diablo because of reason like the one you just gave and mephisto because he is a scheming devil haha.

1 Like

It could be Fiacla-Géar himself given that he appears in a wolf form. Other less likely options are; it’s one of the Ul-Diomed brothers, namely Mendeln in another form, or Zoltun Kulle returning in another body by the help of Rathma. If that’s him, Kulle doesn’t like both prime evils and Horadrim but I don’t think he can shapeshift.

Bloodied wolf has knowledge about nephilim and appears that he is one or at least it’s a high deity. It could be Mephisto himself, but if that’s the case why would he hate the destruction that his daughter brough upon Sanctuary in case he’s not lying? And why would he help us when heroes like us slain him over the course of decades? I personally don’t think it’s Diablo, as he doesn’t tend to appear this early.

I think my bet would be towards Trag’Oul itself, the giant dragon supposed to meet us somewhere in a dream-like sequences just not in a gigantic form. Possible? Maybe.
If writers get bored, they can even forget about this wolf along the whole classic story campaign to reveal it at expansion pack, or write it off as nothing of impact.

Could he be our “I Quit” troll is now trolling the hero.

Unlikely to be the Druid’s ancestor, just simply due to the fact that the wolf appears demonic, seemingly uses magic as they dispelled the Horadrim’s illusion (and druid’s don’t use such magic, at least not the traditional one that seems to match what the wolf did), and knew about Tristram and the Horadrim’s actions.

Zoltun Kulle is a possiblity, however it’s odd that he would warn against the Horadrim, as while he dislikes them (the first iteration at least), he’d have no reason to warn against them, as the new Horadrim doesn’t shy against it’s members awakening to their birthright and had dedicated themselves to protecting Sanctuary, which doesn’t go against Kulle’s known objectives of Humanity becoming it’s own master.

The prime evils (likely either Diablo or Mephisto), is much more likely considering, they know of the Horadrim and their methods. They know of what happened to Tristram. The Horadrim’s goal of protecting humanity and allowing humanity to be their own masters goes against the prime evils plan, which is the enslavement of mankind in order to defeat their angelic foes, hence it makes sense for them to warn us against the Horadrim. Lilith current activities, weaponizing and enslaving humanity, is a great threat to them, as they know she intends to use humanity against Hell, as such they have reason to stop her.

With that all said, we’ll find out in June.

The wolf at least did something useful, like prevent our character from dying, and broke the Horadrim’s spell/illusion, or at least so he claims.

1 Like

Because Lilith seeks to destroy both heaven and hell I think. Lilith is not a friend of the prime evil as well hence if that wolf is Diablo or Mephisto then they do not want lilith interfering with whatever they have planned in the future as well.

Which is lame. We ended up getting the same thing like Batman and Joker nonsense.

Joker terrorizes the cities and kills people, Batman beat him and caught him. Joker was sent to Arkham. A few hours later, Joker broke up from Arkham and went to terrorizes the cities and kill people, Batman beat him and caught him. Joker was sent to Ark–Rinse and Repeat. :unamused:

This is exactly what happened to Diablo Lore. No wonder I read some people calling Diablo lore “stagnant” because it is…well…Eternal Conflict.

Just as I said before, human characters made a better antagonists (whether from D3 or DI) than Diablo and his friends.

It’s a little creepy that he creates portal to a little girl.

It’s either Haedrig or the Cow King… :thinking:

Thought the wolf sounded like Vesalius in his human form.

I’d also prefer that it’s not Diablo.

And I certainly don’t argue with that, as I had hoped that a lot of our enemies would be awoken Nephalems who strayed to the darker path.

Vidian right? Vesalius was the rift variation.

That said, I liked Vidian, since he was a demon smart enough to try to absorb nephalem essence to strengthen himself.

1 Like

Thank you for everyone comeing by. This became a fun and informative post. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Yeah, imagine that evil Nephalem harnessing the power of Diablo without getting influenced by Diablo to fight you.

I have seen quite a few media where the evil human antagonist was able to be immune to the devil’s influence when using its power.

1 Like

“And yet, to have come so far, still bearing the ring, the hobbit has shown extraordinary resilience to its’ evil” - Elrond

(granted, Frodo never attempted to use the One Ring, but just having it was bad enough)

It would certainly drive to home why Humanity would be considered the piece to tip the scales of the Eternal Conflict in either Heaven’s or Hell’s favor, or even completely knock the board over and completely surpass both Heaven and Hell.

Thus far, we’ve seen (and played as) powerful humans/nephalems whose potential allowed them to best the champions of Heaven and Hell, however some of those individuals have shown themselves to be suceptible to corruption and/or angelic influence.

And any individuals who happen to show themselves to be immune to corruption were still brought low by the actions of demons. For example, Khalim, the former Que-Hegan (pretty much the leader) of the Zakarum was incorruptible and couldn’t be swayed by Mephisto’s influence. It was to the point that Mephisto gave up corrupting him and instead corrupted other members of the Zakarum and had them kill Khalim and dismembered him in order to bring his plans into fruition. Another individual was a blacksmith who found a way to craft shoulders that drew upon Azmodan’s powers without having to suffer any corruption. Sadly, Azmodan wasn’t pleased and sent his minions to kill the blacksmith.

So yeah, if there were any evil powerful human or nephalem who could channel the powers of great demons without fail or drawbacks, then that’d be great, especially if we could face them in Diablo 4. That said, we may actually see a few individuals like that, at least I think we may after I saw some of the contents of The Book of Lorath.

1 Like