Whisper of Atonement in Socketed Weapon

Trying to figure out if/how to use a Whisper of Atonement on my primal ancient weapon.

It says cannot be used on an item with a socket. I already used a ramaladni’s gift on my weapon so it has a socket. Does this really mean I can’t augment it?

Could I augment an ancient weapon, THEN use a gift to add a socket?

I tried googling about this but all I can find is a PTR post about how a guy tried it and it removed his socket.

To augment using Whispers, is the same method as using Legendary Gems.
Ancient or Primal item + 3 Real Gema + Whispers/
Or Legendary gem

3 Likes

Thanks. So is it just worded funny? “Cannot be inserted into any item with sockets”

I’d hate to ruin my primal ancient weapon…

Yes, Whispers of Atonements aren’t to use in sockets. They are kind of augments shortcuts.

2 Likes

You’re not inserting it into a socket. You’re using it to augment a weapon. Big difference. It’s not worded funny at all - it is telling you that it can’t be inserted into sockets.

3 Likes

The confusion here is that some people mistakenly thought that items with sockets could not be augmented using the gems, which of course is not the case. The gem itself cannot be inserted into sockets, however items which contain sockets (or have the ability of containing them like weapons) can be augmented the same as other types of gear.

I know it is a lot to ask, but if players would read the season notes they would find this:

The Whisper of Atonement is a Legendary Gem used exclusively for Augmenting Ancient Legendary items.

Not sure where the confusion is coming from…

It’s mostly the wording in the item tooltip. I briefly had the same confusion during PTR. I think the wording was changed from “used with” to “inserted into”. In the original wording it made it sound like items with sockets could not be augmented “using” the gem. It was changed at some point to be more concise. It’s the tooltip description which caused confusion. Below are the original and then after the altered tooltip descriptions.

Cannot be used with any item with sockets. (original)

Cannot be inserted into any item with sockets. (current)

2 Likes

men hur aktiverar jag whisper off
atonement

The last page of Kanais cube recepie. But instead of useing a legendary gem, you use a whisper.

Well I can tell you first hand that the notes you’re telling people to read never actually explain HOW to use some of these items, they only say what is NEEDED what is needed is far from HOW to use what is needed.

I don’t know at what point people decided what to use is somehow INSTRUCTIONS when it’s not but it’s beyond infuriating and annoying.

If you don’t know by now what ‘Augmenting Ancient Legendary Items’ means and how to do it, no amount of notes will help you.

6 Likes

3 flawless gems of the same type + whisper of atonement + item you wish to augment.
1 level of whisper = 5 main stat. for example, a level 125 whisper = 625 main stat.
ruby = strength. topaz = intelligence. emerald = dexterity.

amethyst = vitality.

Before anyone asks why anyone would… LevelUpGear …says hello.

But you can’t augment with amethyst, so I didn’t add it.

You are thinking of Diamonds, not Amethyst.

3 Likes

Good catch. Indeed, I was.

The hero I provided a link to has all thirteen of their gear slots augmented with 600+ VIT.

Yeah, I didn’t click on the link. I’ve done that before. As VitaKaninen said, I was thinking about diamonds. I was, especially since I haven’t augmented gear with amethyst in ages. I completely forgot about it.

LOL. @Meteorblade Man you have too much time on your hands. That’s a great gear set.