Whirlwind barb need buff

Solo t16 is fine. But when we go into a group, can’t kill **** with whirlwind.

I suggest buff the whirlwind ring to 2x more dmg.

8 Likes

you dont ever want to run ww dps barb in a group. The lag this causes is not worth it.

1 Like

Agreed ^^ WW Barb need alot of love D3 devs.

there is no lag associated with the WW Barb in group or solo.

your completely wrong

This problem happen because area damage calculation from dust evil summoneds get system calculation crazy. ww damage should be auto assigned on ww yard area (example like one meteor impact - so lot less calcs would be need this way wont freeze).

But if you play without area damage it also work.

You’re - and upgrade your potato.

1 Like

Apparently the fix to WW Dustdevils still does not fully fix the issue?
People are saying in large packs of mobs in high GR’s that there are still too many calculations going on where stuff takes a while to kill.

Idk what is true when it comes to WW barbs these days but I can see in a T16 where things explode instantly just by looking at them that the calculations wont be as intense.

If Echoing Fury gets changed from “on-kill” to “on-hit” as many of us have requested, this will be a huge help to WW Barbs and give another option to BK Oath, therefore freeing up a weapon slot, which is huge.

The lag issue with ww barb is from 4 things combined which cause this issue. Dust devils+pain enhancer+bloodshed-battlerage rune+area damage. Solo barbs experience very large lag spikes in solo pushes alone because they need to pull entire maps to progress. In groups even small packs can cause lag that literally breaks the game.

Sadly WW has a lot of problems…
The 2 pieces set bonus is just :man_facepalming:
The damage output is not that great…
And is pretty squishy for a melee build and forces to to use parthan bracers in combo with perfect secondary CC items…

But i think a temporary solution should be just add a flat % dmg and damage % reduction for now…

1 Like

They could easily manage it instead:

(2) Set:
Increase the damage per second of Rend by 500% and its duration to 15 seconds.

They could apply:

(2) Set:
Now rend are casted without interrupt whirlwind channeling.
Increase the damage per second of Rend by 500% and enemies afflicted by rend get 500% more damage from whirlwind, rends duration it’s 15 seconds.

==

Or one easy way to devs apply this set proposal change without much game changes:

New rend rune:
Now rend are applied together with whirlwind damage. (and the rend skill stay gray - always actived symbol).

With this new rune they could keep:

(2) Set:
Increase the damage per second of Rend by 500% and enemies afflicted by rend get 500% more damage from whirlwind, rends duration it’s 15 seconds.

I think the problem with rend is that skill makes lag if you have a lot of mobs bleeding which is a common scenario when you use WW in high grifts, i would love to see some kind of change to the 2p wastes because is the only big set that only has 2 bonuses instead of 3 :man_facepalming:

Yeah it laggs. For that i suggested previous post rend should be incorporated on whirlwind direct damage instead bleeding.

Whirlwind barb is possibly my fave barb. But it needs some serious love. Make it a bit tougher at least. I find it a bit too squishy to really do much with. Damage you can work on with the right rolls, ancients/primals and augments. To push higher I find I have to focus on damage, but then I am too squishy to survive but if I try to add more survivability to the build I don’t have the damage I need to kill. Its a catch 22 and just making it a bit tankier would help a lot.
I personally have had no issues with lag, but I have only ever done t13 groups and never pushed higher than an 80 GR.

I never understood why they dont replace rend by overpower in this set (overpower can be cast with wirlwind active). However if this two skills (rend/WW) are meant to be used together, i prefer see some synergies with a gameplay change.

Apply rend on whirlwind leave us a one button gameplay even if in your proposal the rend thing is here to buff WW.

I prefer a bonus who can boost rend enough to actually deal some damage (see the Free’s post for the damage ratio between rend and WW 1:265)

I never been a great fan of the dust devil thing, cause it force us to use physical damage, and it create many little calculations who cause server lags).

So, i prefer to see a change on the 6 piece bonus like
Each WW attack against an ennemi increase rend damage by 3% and refresh its duration - all WW damage is increased by 10 000 %

It gives more Freedom on our runes choices for both rend and WW. Rend become an increased dmg over time like bane of the stricken, and gameplay Wise, we will have to stop WW for applying rend at the good time, and refresh the dot carefully for keeping rend damage up.

TBH overpower would work like charm on WW set, i think something like this for 2 pieces bonus

Increase overpower damage by 10000%, After you cast overpower you deal 50% increased damage for 10 seconds.

(interesting thing is that if they add something like that IK6/Wastes2 would work with that overpower belt)

as i said in another post “on-hit” is too much but similar to rampage it would work (kill or assist kill within 8 seconds) or like in the wrong german translation (retranslated: slain enemies engulfs the wielder into a Frenzy) so it would at last be useful in party playing. 1st version - rampage style - i like more