Whimsyshire Sir Williams not appearing. Anyone with same problem

Ok, been playing many years and was there when Seasons started. Played them all. During Seasons crafted a Staff of Herding for Whimsyshire. When Diablo put in Sir Williams for the portrait frame and Princess Lilian for the wings it’s been a battle every season acquiring both of these items. Now I did get the wings from Princess Lilian, but Sir Williams has never appeared in 4 years. Done thousands of runs in Whimsyshire in seasons and non seasons. But what gets me is that someone with a new account that is just learning will make a run a couple of time and Sir Williams appears. Is there a reason why this would be so difficult to get? And saying it’s rare and random doesn’t cut it. Thousands upon thousands of runs with nothing is not rare, more like non-existing. Now come on… how many still have not been able to get either of these?

I hear you and a similar issue after many years.

Both the Shire and the Dale have among the smallest RNG followed by primals.
I recently got Lillian in Europe but still not in Americas and Asia.

I know it is no consolation after many years of trying, especially when someone gets it first time, but it is truly RNG with very small odds. I figure they drop when they drop. While they are nice trophys to possess, they are truly trophys because they are not easy to get.

1 Like

I’ve been playing on PC since S8. Pretty much share your experience. I’ve even spent a season with a DH doing mostly goblin runs, and still didn’t get either.

Now I’m no longer looking. If I get them, I get them.

2 Likes

Ok here is what I have as an update. Being a “pencil-pusher” I kept track of every run I did for Whimishire and the rainbow portrait. It has be just over 4 years and over 8,000 runs. Running on normal right up to t10 and still doesn’t make much of a difference. But in the clan, others (3) who have just started playing Diablo got the portrait within 10 runs. What part of RNG is this? Just ticked at my end I guess.

So, what’s your point? You have been very unlucky. I still haven’t gotten the cosmic wings. (But I did get the portrait.)

Envy here - I play in three regions - I got the wings in Europe only recently to my surprise in EU, but no portraits anywhere or the wings anywhere else.

I nearly died because Lillian looks different to the other elite Unicorns. Yes, I stopped to look. duh me.

Now I’m just looking for tips since it has been pointed out I am very “unlucky” . Are there any players that have any ideas on how to do this outside of running for hours on end with no show? Anyone who doesn’t have this portrait in the America’s want to group up to make this happen? You are more than welcome to add me in game: Thunder #1861.