Whimsyshire no drops

Before I went there, and broke gifts, clicked on clouds I got items from it, but since the season started it drops only gold, but no gems or items.
Does anyone know anything?

Not a bug. Nothing to fix.

2 Likes

And don’t confuse Whimsyshire with Whimsydale. They are two completely different areas, even though they look the same. The loot dropped and some of the Elites are as different as “night and day”.

1 Like

I don’t understand, my friend and I spent almost 2 hours farming to get the materials to get into Whimsydale and it drops nothing… The clouds drop nothing, presents didn’t give loot. Nothing - it was like doing a regular rift… What is the point if there is no loot??

User error. You do not farm materials to get into Whimsydale. Learn the difference between Shire and Dale.

Not a bug.

1 Like

Fine not a bug, understood.

Can you elaborate as to what the point of Whimsyshire is actually for then? It kind of feels redundant now. So any information would be appreciated.

Whimsyshire (accessed using Staff of Herding) has Horadric Hamburger (dagger, transmog looks like a hamburger), Spectrum (sword, transmog looks like a blade of rainbows), rarely spawning mobs gives a Rainbow Portrait Frame. This was available pre-ROS, and drops are focused towards level 60 heroes. You will get a Feat of Strength achievement the first time you enter the level.

Whimsydale (accessed by a portal left behind by killing a Rainbow Goblin) has Horadric Hamburger (dagger, transmog looks like a hamburger), Spectrum (sword, transmog looks like a blade of rainbows), rarely spawning mobs gives the Cosmic Wings. This was available post-ROS, and drops are focused towards level 70 heroes.

It’s been there since D3 launched in 2012. It’s just an extra area to run. The process to craft the Staves of Herding was different back then. And you had to upgrade the Staff for higher Game Difficulties:

Staff of Herding = Normal Difficulty
Nightmarish Staff of Herding = Nightmare Difficulty
Hellish Staff of Herding = Hell Difficulty
Inferno Staff of Herding = Inferno Difficulty

Once you had the Inferno Staff of Herding you could access Whimsyshire on any Game Difficulty. Back then, the components were much easier to find.

The only reason to farm Whimsyshire now is to collect the Rainbow Portrait Frame. You can also collect the Spectrum (Sword) for the Transmog and the Horadric Hamburger (Dagger). But, both of those can also be collected in Whimsydale.

Your best bet today is to farm for Rainbow Goblins and clear Whimsydale instead.

1 Like

Thanks for elaborating

WHat a great response. Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like