Which gems to critical hits Demon Hunter build

Greetings.

It is going very well with my DH build. I’m going for CH,slow and freeze build with Sharpshooter passive and the right gear.
My question is should I go with green or red gems in my weapon slots? So far I’m dealing 1.4 million damage and that’s with one red and one green gem. should I go all green as a sharpshooter?

Regards

Hi Thalic,

Your damage will almost always come from critical hits, so you should have emeralds in your weapons to maximise the critical hit damage.

Thanks. Was a little confused which was the best option. Back to the game to fit two nice green gems :blush:

1 Like

Using Sharpshooter is, without question, a mistake.

It makes your sheet damage look fantastic whilst you’re stood in town because it will, over time, raise your Critical Hit Chance to 100%, thereby massively inflating the benefit of your Critical Hit Damage.

However, in combat, every time you hit a mob, the bonus from this passive is set back to zero. Test this for yourself. Set the difficulty of your game low, portal to an open map and, with your character sheet open, hit a mob and notice the massive decrease in your damage.

Most heroes tend to have at least 40% CHC, so getting 60% more CHC from this passive would require you to be out of combat for 15 seconds which will almost never happen. Most of the time you’ll only be out of combat for a couple of seconds at a time, so the bonus from this passive will be 0%, 4% or 8% CHC.

Short version: there is definitely a better passive for whatever build you’re using.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I got this passive with the hellfire amulet, so I have to forge another one to get a new passive .

Regards