Where is the Primal Ancient items?

Towards the end of the previous season and continuing in this season for a total of about 1.5 months, the drop rate of my Primal Ancient items is normally 1/400, but “FOR ME” it is 1/4,000 and thank you for this good job!

Note: From what i have experienced in the last 5 years “Irregular / Ridiculous” RNG works like this;
Usually within 7-10 days no any primal drops, then on the same day (within 1 day) 2-3-4 primals can be obtained within a few hours!!! WHY???

Higher level difficulties produce a better drop rate, and it honestly really is down to RNG. Those first 7-10 days are spent gearing and changing things around to work better, gaining gem levels, etc, etc. You naturally start out at a lower level, with fewer kills per hour (and therefore fewer drops per hour), and gradually increase speed as you go.

What this all means is…yeah, that tracks. I only just started getting Primals myself. I’ve found four in the span of a couple of hours today. When I started out, I couldn’t find one to save my soul. Why? Kills per hour. I have many times more now than I did, so I see an increase.

It’s also RNG.

On saturday I didn’t get any Primals. Sunday morning the same thing continued, but then I got a double Primal drop (4 at once due to full Altar) and few more in the next 1-2 hours.

Yesterday I didn’t get any, then I joined a group. Got Primals in 3 out of 5 rifts.

Just to note - the above numbers are much above my usual Primal droprate.

Without the soulshards , the droprate is automatically increased compared to s30.

It was tested by multiple players - the soulshards didn’t affect droprates of anything else - they were just an additional drop compared to the “normal” ones.

However, it also had a psychological effect on me, seeing the soulshard beam and expecting a Primal every time.

4 Likes

We had both soul shards and embers in the pool last season. I’m not 100% sure that they were extra. One time I counted 13 drops in a GR. But it was only one time. (I didn’t count every time I got shards and embers from GRs).

Dang bro 1/4000 that’s insane!!

They want them to be rare.

Well…they nailed it. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

We have 4 accounts in the family. Just two of the account played last season. One account got over 40 primals. The other account got maybe 15 and both accounts played about same way too.

The drop rate came from people playing the game. Blizzard really never gave US a official drop rate. As I have always said the primals drop when they drop. You will have to live with the way they drop. There really no magic way of playing like people tell you. Yes playing higher levels do get you more drops. But that isn’t saying will get more primals yes maybe, but no.

The other thing yes it is nice when you get one that can help. But I have had ancients just as good as a primal. The one account last season had a Yang’s bow that was just under a primal. If I change into a primal the most it would have got was maybe .04% on damage. Now I can use the ashes to make something else,

I’ll tell you a little story. On my 2 accounts I had on both playing DH Shadow Build, Both had a Quiver that were Primal. Well They made a change on the stats on the Quiver. Well now they were useless. Plus How many yrs ago was that, What that was like 6 yrs ago. Well on one account just last got another primal Quiver last yr.

Plus on one account that has been here from day 1. Has never got the Cosmic Wings. Plus you complaining about the primal drop rate!!!

2 Likes

There was an.old website whose address can not be given that had data for millions of legendary drops on a daily basis. That website was remarkable consistent with a primal drop rate of 1 in 400.

2 Likes

This season I’ve gotten a bunch of primals so far. More so than any other season this early on.

I had enough ashes to unlock two of the three altar potions before I even finished the regular seals, and enough more to primalize a slot. Plus a primal I’m temporarily keeping for a farming build.

So yeah, RNG galore.

3 Likes

I got 16 of them yesterday. Yes, 16. All of them salvage. :laughing:

4 Likes

To normal, non godly players (like myself :grin:) it always seems tough that we need to get ashes from six primals in order to unlock double primals.

3 Likes

Incorrect, the drop rate is unaffected by Shards/Embers.

I am 100% sure. Did a test last season on 20 GRs at 110+. Got 12 drops every time, unless there was a Shard/Ember, which I got 13 drops. They are not part of the drop pool.

1 Like

Not the droprate itself, but 12 drops including shards. Not 12 legendaries + screams and shards. But yes I could be wrong

1 Like

GR100+ you get 12 drops guaranteed. When a Shard/Ember drops, you get 13. The Shards/Embers are not part of the 12 guaranteed drops, they are a +1 on top of the drops.

3 Likes

As a follow up to my earlier post today I ran some Visions this afternoon (it takes a while to find a necro build that is good at visions when you are used to Wizard and Demon Hunter…) and first a primal Leoric’s Signet dropped. A bit later a primal Funerary Pick was gifted by the RNG gods.
Hope luck will be with every player this season.

2 Likes

Didn’t I basically say that it was the people did that. With all the drop rates that we have for everything in the game has come from the people. Blizzard has never given US any drop rates on anything that I know of.

Been here from day 1 and the primal drop rates never work for me. Plus for a lot other people I play with too. Plus you tell my grand daughter how the 1- 400 works. She will be laughing at you.

Her and her step grand mom played together a lot. They had about the same paragon 1600 and about everything else too last season. She got maybe 15 and Grand mom had over 40.

But how many of these Topics have we had, About the drop rate on primals. The 1st thing people tell them is the drop rate is 1-400, But wait if this is true we wouldn’t be having these Topics would we???

I’m sorry there are some people you just can’t explain that too. Some people really think the higher you go the more stuff you get in a GR. I had somebody in a game one time tell me that.

1 Like

No. "People " as individuals or small groups do not have millions of legendary drops daily to base their numbers on. The source I alluded to did.

1 primal in 400 legendaries was consistent when looking at huge drop numbers.