Where do I find good guides for HC? (Monk)

I’ve been looking around to find good, detailed guides on HC especially regarding good Monk builds but I don’t seem to find any. Does anyone have some good references?

I’m currently playing SC but I want to switch to a HC build and play-style as preparation for switching to HC for next season.

Have you tried: (www).Icy-Veins(.com) There is a good place to start and it’s my usual go to place when I have issues or need a refresher. I would have linked it but it appears I cannot have web links in my reply (Thank you Blizz!)

1 Like

Yes, I use their guides currently, but they seem to be focusing on SC. Not really any HC content.

1 Like

For the most part, the builds and play style are the same. High level SC players tend to do the same things as HC players because dying messes with their time. Does worse in HC, but even in SC it makes a difference…

Major differences in hc:

• You always roll with a second life passive (if the class has one) and when it procs you wait it out in town (if you’re smart)
  • You get a feel for “I just got hit too hard” and whether you are geared enough. If you ever think “oh sh~t” after getting hit, you’re undergeared or need more defensive options.
  • Sometimes you choose the more defensive build options. Maybe Esoteric gem instead of a dps gem. Maybe string of ears belt instead of witching hour. Maybe you select Vitality on gear instead of Attack Speed. etc… It all depends on your feel for how hard things are hitting you.
  • Stay away from molten explosions and make sure you’re not standing in sh!t that damages you.

Also

• Always go to town before exiting the game or going AFK and make sure you talk to a NPC after portalling to town. Talking to a NPC forces the game to recognize you’re really in town. Lag will someones allow the client to show you in town but the server thinks you’re still in battle (and attackable).
  • Always turn off Friends Quick Join. Nothing is worse than pausing your game and having a friend join and making the game multi-player which instantly unpauses the game resulting you in being surprised attacked.
  • Be patient. There is absolutely nothing that has to be done immediately.
2 Likes