Where are the DH players?

Is the build similar to Wudijo’s Z DH build? Something like 125% damage buff for the group?

Seems really good for strong solo builds like AoV sader, Rend barb, & Chantodo wiz; I’ve actually been wanting to test that out in some 2 or 3 player with a couple of those builds…

The “buff everyone else” so some of those “everyone else” become more powerful than the previously OP ones, leading to a “buff everyone else except the ones excessively buffed during round 1”, then leading to a 3rd situation of a newly class more powerful than others and a new 3rd round of “buff everyone else but the ones excessively buffed at round 2”, then leading to a 4rd situation of a newly class more powerful than others and a new 4th round of “buff everyone else but the ones excessively buffed at round 3 but now also buff monsters cause they die 1-hitted”, then…

Can’t remember how much have I debated against those people that can’t see the obvious of the “buff others” issues.

2 Likes

I think people are mainly calling for buffs to underperforming sets in order to bring them more in line with the top performers instead of asking for more buffs to already strong sets.

The main thing people dislike are post-PTR nerfs to their favored sets because it removes their ability to continue to challenge their personal bests unless they spend a large period of time doing mind-numbing paragon farming to regain the former damage output.

2 Likes

I get what your saying, but I’ve said a few times, balance is a unicorn.

If they can’t get it in near as makes no difference to 8 years, they are never going to get it.

yes, that is my take too Altair. Even more so on HC.

Endless buffs are one of the primary reasons for balance looking that far.

The fact is that Blizzard did have the game pretty well-balanced in the past (see Prokahn’s thread on season 11.

Not necessarily. They can still buff everything to the same level, just by different degrees, same as they can nerf/buff to a set level.

But it hasn’t worked as there has always been outliers.

I think I’ve said before, I would love for there to be balance between classes, but I think Blizzard finds that to be really difficult to do or they’d have done it by now.

So they settle for a faux balance of “this class is tops” and then “that class is tops” and so on and so on. Where a sort of fake balance is achieved by letting different classes be OP for short periods of time.

The problem, is outside of introducing Crimson’s and Aughild’s the DH has been bottom of the totem pole for ages. It was years before the Necro came out when we were part of the meta. Then the Necro was introduced and immediately upon its release there was a bug with Frailty and MfD that made a joke of Grifts. I mean people were doing 145 and up with necros and DH’s right away when other classes were running 120’s in groups.

So they fixed the bug and again ever since we’ve been the redheaded stepchildren in Diablo ever since. We’re talking around 5 YEARS since the DH has been anywhere near relevant.

If you ask me, anyone that plays DH has the patience of a saint when it comes to waiting for some good things to come to our class.

JMO.

That said, I want some buffs. Anything would be better than what we’ve dealt with for the past 5 years.

1 Like

I agree that even if the DH set is not ready yet, they still could have upped the numbers on some of the existing sets, until it is.

2 Likes

Yah upping the numbers on some of the sets is not that hard to do.

1 Like

Autoquoting myself:

Always buffing means changing the target power level every time something is more powerful than intended, i.e. restarting the balancing process all the time. That’s what happened to D3 (in conjunction with “endless difficulty”).

1 Like

I get the constant moving of T6 to T16 etc, and I am not saying it’s right or wrong, but it’s what we’ve ended up with.

Even with constantly moving line, they’ve never come close to balance. There are sets, or classes, that have always been left behind, or even in front of the curve.

It took a ridiculous amount of time to catch Barbs up, and it’s crazy that they haven’t done the same to at least one of the DH sets, pending the release of their new set.

I have mentioned previously, 8 year old game, replacement already announced, we are not getting new expansions, who really cares if a few of the top level players can solo the highest levels in the game by now.

I am less concerned by power creep, than I am by their unwillingness to catch up at least one of the DH sets.

2 Likes

It’s not “even with constantly moving line”, its “because of constantly moving line”.

It’s not something suitable for discussion: it isn’t an occurrence by me, it’s commmon knowledge, just the definition of power creep, something that has its own wiki entry: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/power_creep

If they can move one line, they can move more than one line.

You brought it up, that’s why it was being discussed.

I am also aware you’re not the only one who has brought it up.

So they have chances to break what wasn’t previously broken.

As an hypotetical (not real, but pedagogic reasons) example: if everything but 1 thing are balanced, the logical thing is changing that 1 thing, so it’s less work and more chances to succeed. If you choose to change everything else to match the outlier, the work is insane, the chances of succeeding near zero and it’s guaranteed that you’ll have a new outlier.

1 Like

I’m not disagreeing with you, but they have shown a like to keep updating sets and supporting items, so the world of changing one thing, isn’t the reality we have.

This is not true. See the season 12 analysis (seasons back then did not have game-changing buffs and could be used to look at balance.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/7gv52h/analysisseason_12_data_greater_rift_clearing/?_branch_match_id=687001833057993508

Key conclusions from the link above. I am quoting directly here:

"
Analysis of Results:

1. Necromancers, Wizards, Barbarians, Monks and Crusaders are balanced with each other within approximately 1 greater rift level difference across multiple greater rift levels. The balance among these five classes are made close to perfect (I would like to call this Balance Level 1 ).
    1. Witch doctors (5-6 greater rift behind) and Demon hunters (2 greater rifts behind) follow the Balance Level 1 by 2-6 greater rifts behind (rough estimate). I would like to call this Balance Level 2 .
    1. Class balance seems to be made well considering the paragon plots as well. However, witch doctor is following the other classes 5-6 greater rift behind and may deserve a slight buff. Apart from this, the balance seems pretty good."
1 Like

There are probably words that accurately describe how ridiculous this post is, but I don’t have them.

Troll’s going to keep trolling I guess.

1 Like

Two classes needed help where DH was only 2 GRs off in season 12. Those words are not mine, but taken directly from the linked website. You can see who posted them for yourself.