Where are the DH players?

I did an overdose of “play that way” or “play solo”, while the devs team is doing a good job I just don’t have fun anymore on D3.
No bad feeling, most of this ride has been cool but I think it’s best for me to wait D4

DH players are silently waiting in the shadows for the chance to deal a critical hit… let all the other classes be the guinea pigs for how new sets are designed. Reduces the chance of a dud set.

Ah, who am I kidding… they’re all gonna start off as dud sets. DH players have been asking for a traps set and the only way it’s going to work properly is if Spiked Traps’ mechanics is revised. The skill sucks as is.

I think you misunderstood. That wasn’t a shot at DH’s who are fighting for buffs.

It was more aimed the the drooling pack that has done nothing but scream for nerfs to Barbs since the Rend buff got announced.

If they’d put half the effort into getting DH’s & Necro’s buffed, that they did screaming for Barb nerfs, things might have been changed already.

3 Likes

Hey, I’ve got six accounts full of Demon Hunters, but I don’t plan anything but casual groups with a couple of guys in my clan because there isn’t really any place for a Demon Hunter in serious push groups.

On one account I still have a zDPS Demon Hunter, which is indestructible at GR100, gives incoming damage mitigation to the DPS, increases DPS for the entire group, and debuffs monsters. But no one really believes it works, so I can’t get it into a game. It’s pretty much just sitting there as a template so I can remember how to build the thing.

2 Likes

Do you really want non-stop table threads in the DH / Necro forums?
Careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

I don’t fear it, because it doesn’t suit his agenda.

I keep checking those forums to see all his posts calling for buffs for the weaker classes. Zip, nada, zilch, nothing.

So yes, he is that much of a hypocrite.

Yeah, it’s not like we haven’t pointed that out to them.

Gone very quiet now his agenda has been shut down

You play WoW AND 14? Why 2 MMOs? How much free time you got lol. I don’t work and 14 is my only MMO

I miss my control wizard from vanilla. Bring back the crit passive!

1 Like

Considering there is still not an explanation for how a 5K witch doctor would clear only GR 120 with the pandemonium buff in seasons and GR 130 in non-seasons, I think no one should complain about “tables” until they can provide an explanation that does not violate COMMON SENSE?

Nothing has been shut down. Clearly, you must recognize that the witch doctor data clearly shows what is wrong.

P.S. I have not gone quiet about my agenda on wanting good game balance. I am still working through things. I now have a determined a method that accurately gives their data for non-seasons where 4 classes give exactly the same number 2 are off 1 GR (one is +1 GR, the other -1GR) and one class is off 2 GRs.

I have also the final era 11 data (Top 2000 for US/EU/AS) to analyze DH and WD (unchanged in the new patch) and the current (Feb. 1) leaderboards for US/EU/AS.

Micro,

I know they started it by calling you out and I’m not trying to dogpile on you, but I really wish whatever is going on between you and them would stay out of this thread.

Wishful thinking, I know…

But as DiEoxidE, pointed out, the DH has been left out of the meta for so long that the class has experienced an exodus over that period of time. The flagging popularity of the class means we don’t have the numbers that the Bards had that disrupted the boards until they were heard.

We don’t need the few threads we do have to voice our concerns in derailed by squabbling among folks that basically have a “we can take it or leave it” attitude toward the class.

Again, no jumping you. Just a little frustrated.

5 Likes

I did not post until others starting talking about me.

I am in the process of calculating all numbers across classes using the leaderboards. This should inform DH and necromancer buffs that apparently won’t be happening in this patch unless Blizzard changes their mind. I have 2,000 plus hours on DH. I want the class fixed as much as anyone.

There is on old saying “garbage data in, garbage data out.”

I realize that, Micro. They started it. I even said so in the previous post. I’m just saying they had an agenda when they called you out. Whatever your feeling are toward the class and I don’t doubt you are invested in the class, they think because we don’t have the numbers to do what the barbarian did that any activism we start will just die and die all the quicker if they de-rail any threads we start.

I’m asking that you not be drawn into their shenanigans despite being called out. It’s a lot to ask, I know. I wouldn’t like to be called out and then told to “just shut up and take it” so I understand your feelings.

Their agenda is to get you riled and they did. I’m sorry for that.

For DHs and witch doctors, I have gone through their numbers for era 11 (since these 2 classes did not changes) in patch 2.6.7. I am working my way through all classes for 2.6.8. The era 11 data shows:

DH GR Tier Era 11 Geomean of DH Paragon WD GR Tier Era 11 Geomean of WD Paragon
138 9286 138 8683
137 9150 137 8026
136 8628 136 7540
135 8675 135 7127
134 8573 134 6944
133 8731 133 6730
132 8042 132 6629
131 7556 131 6440
130 7256 130 5836
129 7121 129 5339
128 6757 128 4999
127 6305 127 4934
126 5927 126 4841
125 5486 125 4825
124 4996 124 4707
123 4567 123 4503
122 4194 122 4203
121 3991 121 4007

For each GR tier, I used the rolling average of the stated GR, the GR above, and below. This data analyzed was combined for US/EU/AS servers.

2 Likes

The real question is, which one of us is going to gather and lead us DH players to blizzard’s front door and demand balance to DH builds/sets? We waited for too long! I want to play UE multishot as a DPS role in a 4 man at high GRs levels!

1 Like

Long-time DH player here and I’ve already grown tired at how Blizzard manages this class in totality.

Their fixes so far were pittance, and if anything they ‘nerf’ this class in the form of balance because we were, as they say, ‘not intended to be played as the class WE want you players to play as’.

Remember when we could still be z-dps and fit in a group although we don’t really have enough firepower thanks to Calamity before it was ‘reworked’? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

So thus, I gave up giving any form of proper feedback because Blizzard is selectively listening to us.

I mean, I even mentioned this in the DH forums, and none was accounted for.

3 Likes

The complaint about tables is that, despite you often saying your agenda is balance, not once have we seen you advocating for buffs to DHs and Necros in the last two months, but you have continuously asked for nerfs to Barbs in the same time period. Hell, even Blizzard told you that your maths was wrong and that you’re working from an incomplete data set.

So, please, stick to your stated agenda and actually start campaigning for buffs to DHs and Necros as they certainly need it. I’d be very happy to see something for DHs, as I have lots of them myself. This thread is from DH players asking for help. So help them!

6 Likes

We could look at this with a glass half full attitude. The two weakest classes are last because they need the most help.

Not everything blizzard has written and is doing, is absolutly correct. Some actions are just absurd and dont make sense at all.
I am sick of you trying to shut microrna that way down. It wont work at all. Just look above your post, he already wrote data for dh and Necro. Your argument “But blizzard toled that he was wrong” is a straw argument. Sometimes it could be appealing to just use your brain maybe? There is a famous quote that fits very much in this situation. “Laziness is the s tu p i d i t y of the body and s tu p i d i ty is the laziness of the mind”.
When blizzard tell you that you are a fish living on the moon, would you consider this a true statement because blizzard toled so?

For example:

1. How it is even possible to come to an result that wd in the current game is as strong as monk , wizzard and barb?

2. How it is possible to come to the conclusion ( yes blizzard data says this) that a class is doing worse with season buff than without :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    That is just impossible but their data says this. That is a 1000000% Mistake for example.

3. How it is possible to to call a build ( old chantodo wizzard ) too strong but at the same time call rend ww barb balanced? Rend ww in it current state is even a bit stronger than pre nerfed chantodo. If Blizzard would be credible in their balance thoughts at all they would either nerf barb or buff chantodo to the pre nerfed state. Actually they are doing none of this.

On Topic
Dear DH-Player see this a push. I am sorry for going a bit offtopic.
I am not playing dh but i hope you will be buffed soon and your game mechanic will be appeling and Interesting.

#SomeloveforDH

3 Likes