Where are the DH players?

No matter how fun, people want new toys to play with. They could have numerical buff a few underwhelming legs & see how they performed like the elemental arrow bow ( forgot the name) & maybe add a 20 CDR passive( like other classes) so there is no need for dawn in every build.

Make Dh great again!

To really make Dawn irrelevant, the simplest way is to lower the cooldown for Vengeance from 90 seconds to around 30. If they’re going to balance our class around full uptime on Vengeance (which they’ve done) then it shouldn’t take an item to make that possible. Just make the cooldown whatever Dawn lowers it to and then give Dawn some other power.

Problem solved.

4 Likes

Everyone forgets about Necro who needs changes even more than dh :cry:

theyre whirlwinding somehwere

Good lord. 135,000% with the full set? Talk about overkill. m6 cluster is already an ok build. Not great, but ok. This sounds like way too much.

It is not overkill when the class set can barely solo GR130 at 8000 paragon. We were just exploring set vs legendary item buffs.

My recommendation is to buff legendary items, because it gives more control and is prettier:

2 Likes

I know right? How dare people not discuss Necros in a thread titled “Where are the DH players?”

We should be ashamed of ourselves, staying on topic and such.

13 Likes

So true, DiE.

And if the necros attempted a thread like this one, since like Barbs they’ve been in the meta since their inception, it would get tons more traffic because people still play it.

No one in this thread has said that Necros don’t deserve a re-work or whatnot. But if Necro players want buffs, they’d do well with starting their own threads and would probably get the same response from Blizzard that the Barbs got.

To be honest, M6 and N6 just need reworks. UE6 and S6 are the only unique sets that were designed with some sort of concept in mind. M6 and N6 end bonuses are blanket buffs to many skills with no sort of direction or personality, with sets overlapping or overshadowing each other to achieve a similar goal while riding hellcats coattail for GR pushes.

I digress.

1 Like

Well I don’t personally feel the way to go about change is kicking and screaming like a 4 year old at the grocery store who wants sweets

Thank you.

Point is, that’s exactly what Blizzard responds too. Now see, you just recently starting visiting the boards. But as I said in the OP, the Barbs fell on that very tactic and Blizzard responded.

Years of feedback, both measured and well constructed has resulted in nothing. So, good sir, since this is shown to actually work and the other doesn’t, which would you suggest we do?

2 Likes

I guess the “4 years old at the grocery store” tactic, as hailfaill mentioned is the way to go. I have the impression that you can achieve everything if you cry loud enough.

see this as a push and cry as much as you can :joy:

DH deserve some love

#SomeLoveforDH

Weird.

It’s almost like a community that organizes and crafts intelligent, detailed proposals, then creates and maintains public discourse on the topic can get results, Huh.

Those are the “tactics” mentioned in the OP, and yes, I encourage other class communities to follow our lead and GET SOME BUFFS.

2 Likes

Of course, Free.

But there are some difference between the members of the different class community. Just as an example, Barbarian was able to remain popular and thus had the numbers to disrupt the boards. The DH’s on the other hand haven’t sniffed the meta in several years now outside of the exploit that allowed Frailty and Marked for Death to work in an unintended way and that vanished pretty quickly.

Point is, some classes have a large community and others have a vastly smaller one and it’s all due to the meta not having them as members in years.

3 Likes

I take it you didn’t read through the thread.

2 Likes

I get what you’re saying, but I don’t think group meta has anything to do with it. Most Barb mains do not want to play zDPS Barb–at all, ever. In fact, it’s often been a point of contention within the Barb community.

I think it has more to do with helping to develop and maintain a community of class experts–folks who can crunch numbers, folks who understand game design, and folks who play the game at a high level–and then keeping public discourse going with those folks.

The Barb community has been fortunate to have passionate, educated players who frequently post, but we’ve also done, as a community, a lot of work to keep people posting, to keep them engaged, and to create a sense of togetherness and community. I think we’ve been very, very good at that, and I think it can be done for any class–or I hope it can, anyway.

Anyway, my point is that if you don’t have the momentum within a class subforum, you can begin here in GD and get the ball rolling. I suppose that’s exactly what this thread is trying to do, so keep at it!

For what it’s worth, I want DHs to receive major buffs!

We’re going to keep it civil. Exchange ideas and just talk. I don’t think the DH community wants to march in the meme parade.

3 Likes

This is starting to veer way off-topic, but it’s possible that the Barbarian have this outstanding community you point to, because they poached (maybe that’s not the right word) those kind of members from the less popular communities.

It’s like a company that offers better benefits to its employees (being in the meta) and then wondering why they attract more high quality employees.

This isn’t to say that we don’t have members like you describe, but you do have them and since the community is large then the number of those kind of members would also be larger.

I’m no good at numbers. I barely (hyperbolic but not too much so) understand the game but I do see the class needs help. So no, I’m not going to create a spread sheet showing what buff needs to go where because I simply can’t.

Anyway, thank you for the support.

Edit:

DiEoxidE and dmkt and others are outstanding community members with far more knowledge than me and I hope this post does not down play their abilities. We’re a better community thanks to them and others.

2 Likes

Played a Nats/Grenade/Dawn Demon Hunter this season. Absolutely horrendous. Couldn’t even solo past 100 GR at Paragon 1000.

For what it’s worth, Barbs have done a fantastic job of “keeping at it” for buffs. Despite that, it took you guys years (emphasis on years) to finally get something damage worthy.

The DH community has done this as well. It may not be as big of a community, but there’s been many threads that we’ve all rallied behind. It’s silly to think that only barbs has ever put out data and concept ideas in a well written professional manner.

Regardless of what we do, the community feels left out. Here’s some Statistics:

DH CLASS FORUM: One sticky, professionally written July 19th by a well known DH player in the community. Gets pinned by blizzard on Oct 14th after many threads asking for a sticky. Several other helpful build threads, no other sticky’s in sight.

Time between authors thread and it getting pinned = 3 months.

BARB CLASS FORUM: 10 sticky’s, many that are specific.

Average time between authors threads and it getting pinned = less than a week.

I could do this for the other classes as well, but the point is clear. Nothing against barbs obviously and the good content a few of you churn out, but there’s no way you can deny that it strongly appears we’ve been abandoned even when we’re trying.

This only strengthens what Saidosha and Hebalon both have written and ties into everything i stated earlier in this thread.

7 Likes